Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she say that in the vid? It doesn't hurt a bit on application. What's she on about?
I think she said it was when she used her normal acid exfoliator, which I would have thought you would avoid if using tretinoin (which she said she has been).

Reactions: 1
If I use an acid exfoliator I don't use tret that day usually. But I really don't have any sensitivity from it, aside from the aforementioned peeling around the chin/mouth

It's very much a YMMV thing. The base will vary considerably depending on the manufacturer. Some are more like a thick vaseline-type gel, others are a glidey cream (this is when you can overapply, I find), while others are a stickier cream that doesn't spread well

@Satisfying Click and @melfish, I too have long been an advocate of retinol :sneaky:, and I’ve also never experienced wincing and burning. The worst thing that’s happened so far is developing a very visible “beard” of flaky skin and not realising until half way through the work day.

I do wonder about that Kate Somerville cream. It does sound nice, but a lot of their products are very highly scented and often quite harsh.
Same here. Never had any discomfort using retinol/tretinoin.

That is interesting re all your retinol experiences. I do squirm a bit at doing something that makes your skin sore, as Sali said. Not very cosseting 😂 Anyone who knows me will know I'm all about the cosset.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It has never made my skin sore

But SH goes at hers with those hot cloths twice a day

Honestly, white people, particularly white people who aren't even American, need to stfu with their hot takes and virtue signalling. Amplify the voices of Black people who know and live this, or be quiet. No one cares what you think

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just read both Funmi and Sali’s latest columns and they both mention Typology. Seems a bit slack from the Guardian ... and also pretty dodgy.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Honestly, white people, particularly white people who aren't even American, need to stfu with their hot takes and virtue signalling. Amplify the voices of Black people who know and live this, or be quiet. No one cares what you think
This. If she had done even the most basic listening/reading she would know to amplify black voices, not stick her own white voice in there.
Has she ever even raised other cases of racist police violence, closer to home? Highly doubt it. It might not be good for her ‘engagement’. Bandwagon-jumping is so disrespectful.

And, oh look, Caitlin doing similar:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Agreed, Disillusioned. I have so many issues with her white feminism. It took Sali nearly a week to post about George Floyd. That's some delayed outrage. Also, her subtle advocacy of viewing the footage of his death to 'know' - is that because she wouldn't believe black people's accounts of their oppression unless she herself sees it? Ugh. And then in her next post back to cheerily exhorting overpriced bleeping make up.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Someone just posted a 'Looting isn't the answer, we need education, we are all the same!" [paraphrasing]

Go on snippy Sali, are you going to correct this white woman on her colourblind statement? Are you going to snippily tell her that the British Museum didn't simply borrow the artefacts? Or was the George Floyd post your virtue-signalling in process, and if someone asked you to reel off 10 black-owned beauty brands, would you have to excuse yourself to Google first?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s an absolute mine field regarding getting the balance of not virtue signalling, feeling like you ‘should’ post something because of the social media outrage of what is happening in America And I’ve thought long and hard about what I can do from the position I’m in and have come to the conclusion that I need to take responsibility for my actions and behaviour and highlight any discrimination and Racism that I observe and come across in my exchanges with people, whether that’s at work, family, friends etc. It doesn’t have to be overt verbal or physical abuse, it’s the systemic and underlying prejudice that drives our society.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Another "most requested video". What are her followers not requesting? Apart from actual informative reviews.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s an absolute mine field regarding getting the balance of not virtue signalling, feeling like you ‘should’ post something because of the social media outrage of what is happening in America And I’ve thought long and hard about what I can do from the position I’m in and have come to the conclusion that I need to take responsibility for my actions and behaviour and highlight any discrimination and Racism that I observe and come across in my exchanges with people, whether that’s at work, family, friends etc. It doesn’t have to be overt verbal or physical abuse, it’s the systemic and underlying prejudice that drives our society.
I remember ages ago - way before Tattle (so she can't blame here) - people kept asking Sali when she was going to feature a WoC on In The Bathroom. It was ages before she did. Obviously I'm not accusing her of any sinister motivation for this, but there was a golden opportunity for her, in a situation she was controlling, to be diverse and inclusive.

For some reason this appalling murder, more than others, has caught the imagination of a lot of influencers. I see that even noted deep thinker Zoella is checking her privilege and has posted a reading list of books for white people to read about BAME people 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 6
For some reason this appalling murder, more than others, has caught the imagination of a lot of influencers. I see that even noted deep thinker Zoella is checking her privilege and has posted a reading list of books for white people to read about BAME people 🤦‍♀️
I've been wondering why this particular death has captured so much attention, particularly in the influencer world (correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen a comparable level of interest in mainstream media).

There have been many recent and not so recent unlawful deaths of black people at the hands of police in both the UK and US, and I haven't noticed anywhere near the same level of comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
On a lighter note - on the much requested video 😂 at the bottom she writes:
'Ad info. NOT paid for ......all products #presssamples #gifted'

I'm confused. So is she saying it is an ad?
Or getting out of saying it is an ad?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
PhotoGrid_1590913483420.jpg

I thought she 'just' got a discount at Whistles? But this isn't even out yet and she said it's all gifted/press samples.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.