Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was this tonight? One of her famed Friday night drink-fuelled Twitter rampages?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In a rather feeble attempt to drum up interest in her column - any ideas about tomorrow's?
I know literally no one cares.
It will be 2 - 3 paragraphs of waffle with a couple of recommendations at the bottom.
She is so frustrating as I'm sure I remember her being a good and interesting beauty journalist.

• Haha
I tried to read it but I'm being asked to register for free to continue. Could not be bothered
I saw that too. Geez you would think papers online would make articles readily accessible as they are on their knees already.
No comments, having to sign in - really who can be bothered at all.
I am signed up to The Guardian so maybe will look later. Just now it seems too irritating.

Reactions: 1
I saw that too. Geez you would think papers online would make articles readily accessible as they are on their knees already.
No comments, having to sign in - really who can be bothered at all.
I am signed up to The Guardian so maybe will look later. Just now it seems too irritating.
The funny thing is that if they hadn't made the nonsensical decision to stop comments people might be signed in already

Column today is on online beauty brands. Snore. Sali enthusiastically (and amusingly, to this beef face) states "there's nothing here I wouldn't recommend". Well, yeah, duh...you're here to shill, love. Apparently she loves everything, including the lip glosses. Small dig at the packaging being cheap so we can see she's being objective.

She’s getting a little snippy with the blue-tickers and heavy-hitters now...

2E3271E7-6EFD-4074-B785-E5A94F480C7B.jpeg

Surely just go and watch the video so you can gush your thanks?
Now this is odd. If you were going to do a big announcement about your donation to someone's charity, would you not contact them privately ahead of time to say that you were sending them a big donation/cash/whatever (particularly when the charity loves to post pictures of its founders grubbing about on their knees dealing with donations piled up around them) and also that you're going to do a big announcement, so that you can all coordinate it and get maximise publicity for all?
I get the feeling from this post that NB knows a little more than she's letting on and is doing a little public tit stirring....

Reactions: 7
I tried to read it but I'm being asked to register for free to continue. Could not be bothered
You can just ignore that and click Not Now, or whatever it is.

“Haven’t spoken to Marcia about BB in a few weeks now”.

Implication: we chat constantly.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
You can just ignore that and click Not Now, or whatever it is.

“Haven’t spoken to Marcia about BB in a few weeks now”.

Implication: we chat constantly.

:rolleyes:
Thanks for that! Just read it. Does the market really need more new brands? It must be saturated at this point

Wasnt asked at me but Dermatica have a good promo atm, just pay £2.50 for postage. They start most people off at 0.25% then raise it to 0.5% or lower it to 0.1% depending how it suits you, but the tube size is deliberately a months worth to keep you subscribed.

I'm trying to get rid of acne scars so I use the dermatica retinol with 4% hydroquinone on my face, and 0.5% retrides from an online spanish pharmacy for chest and upper back (25€ so reasonableish compared to medic8 etc but cheaper if you can buy in person from continental pharmacies.)

I've never had an extreme reaction to retinol so may not be best judge, maybe because I worked up my skins tolerance to it or because id already done roaccutane. I found ordinary and la roche posay tube ones fine, latter seemed overpriced to me.
Hiya- new to this thread!
Do you feel this dermatica retinol would fade pigmentation/age spots? My chest is terrible, I have to cover it I’m so embarrassed by it. This cream sounds great!

Reactions: 1
Do you feel this dermatica retinol would fade pigmentation/age spots? My chest is terrible, I have to cover it I’m so embarrassed by it. This cream sounds great!
I know different things bother different people but I wouldn't have thought prigmentation marks were anything to be at all embarrassed about.

If they do bother you though, I think the combination of tretinoin and hydroquinone that Dermatica can prescribe is probably the most effective topical treatment there is for pigmentation. My understanding, however, is that Dermatica only prescribes treatment for the face.

This is because when I started subscribing I asked if the amount of cream in the monthly delivery would be sufficient for my neck and chest as well as my face and I was told that the prescription was only for use on the face because the effect of the product on other areas of skin could be different (which makes sense). It may be that they would prescribe for your chest and not your face so you could ask them. I've found their customer service quite helpful.

I'm not sure whether any topical treatment really makes a big difference. In the past I've used both hydroquinone and tretinoin (though not in combination) for pigmentation marks on my hands and saw no results. If they really bothered me I'd probably have them treated by IPL.

Column today is on online beauty brands. Snore. Sali enthusiastically (and amusingly, to this beef face) states "there's nothing here I wouldn't recommend". Well, yeah, duh...you're here to shill, love. Apparently she loves everything, including the lip glosses. Small dig at the packaging being cheap so we can see she's being objective.

Now this is odd. If you were going to do a big announcement about your donation to someone's charity, would you not contact them privately ahead of time to say that you were sending them a big donation/cash/whatever (particularly when the charity loves to post pictures of its founders grubbing about on their knees dealing with donations piled up around them) and also that you're going to do a big announcement, so that you can all coordinate it and get maximise publicity for all?
I get the feeling from this post that NB knows a little more than she's letting on and is doing a little public tit stirring....
I’m surprised SH wanted to highlight her ignorance of the situation in public...

Reactions: 3
I use it on my chest (even though their customer service said it's not designed for the chest - cos if it's good enough for the face I think it'll be fine they just dont do a size for both face and chest). Tbh pigmentation wasnt something I ever considered a problem until I saw a product specifically marketed for it, so I try not to overthink it. I extend my vit c down to my chest, but I think its turning my white t shirt slightly orange

I clicked on one of the links in salis column. Whatcha know the bybi or whatever brand's first page includes a massive beauty banks logo...
'donate excess product to a charity, get likely mention in national broadsheet by charity founder'

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I watched NB's discussion with Marcia Kilgore and I think NB was mistaken in assuming that the new Beauty Pie charitable initiative would benefit Beauty Banks. I think MK was talking about it benefitting a food bank charity (along with the Prince's Trust) and, given the chuminess of the discussion, didn't want to correct NB's misunderstanding.

I found it an interesting discussion, particularly when she was talking about the excessive mark-up on cosmetics and skincare products. She quoted some illustrative figures which I feel inclined to go back and write down for future reference.

Reactions: 3
The baked bronzer (£35) has more colour payoff than you’d expect, the flattering and sublimely blendable Colour Boss Squad eyeshadow palette, less. And somehow the better for it.

WTF does that even mean?
You may think that dense pigmentation is what you want from an eyeshadow but you're wrong. The more insipid the colour, the better.
A bit like a 60 quid blusher being tiny is an asset because you can fit it in your handbag unlike all those normal cumbersome blushers we've been carting around.
In the video where the expensive blusher featured she said she favours smaller as she gets older. Nothing to do with current fashion obviously.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.