Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali never retouched her skin in any picture <arf>

The procedures and Tretinoin do that for her .
I’m on the wine, sorry < must have a word with me self>.

Sali never retouched her skin in any picture <arf>

The procedures and Tretinoin do that for her .
I’m on the wine, sorry < must have a word with me self>.

I don’t know why I picked that picture, I adore cats .

I was looking for the drum roll with a symbol finish , any help out there?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
@featuresjourno looks like an interesting follow, even if she does write for the DM 🤨. Calling out Boots marketing for the new No7 retinol.

Reactions: 1
“I never, ever retouch my skin in photos”

The Guardian certainly do. I don’t think this can possibly be just lighting. It’s certainly smoke and mirrors.

486E610D-C0A1-4CA7-A8E9-8D44DBB74926.jpeg

Reactions: 4
"Video posters on the internet", "internet people" She's an Instagram influencer, why does she talk like someone's tech clueless granny?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I get so bloody bored, and I'm sure most of you do to, with the ducking and diving constantly by influencers pretending they don't use every trick in the book to appear to have flawless skin.
Is it that they don't think grown women can equate perfectly normal aging with still having good skin? They seem to think the two things are mutually exclusive. So sad to be seen as having a wrinkle is an insult.
I suppose it is of course all tied up with buying STUFF. Buy more and more stuff so you too don't look repulsively old.

Reactions: 9
I get so bloody bored, and I'm sure most of you do to, with the ducking and diving constantly by influencers pretending they don't use every trick in the book to appear to have flawless skin.
Is it that they don't think grown women can equate perfectly normal aging with still having good skin? They seem to think the two things are mutually exclusive. So sad to be seen as having a wrinkle is an insult.
I suppose it is of course all tied up with buying STUFF. Buy more and more stuff so you too don't look repulsively old.
I agree. I was thinking about this the other day. People like Hughes, Hirons, et al are so big on woman being empowered and standing up to the patriarchy but in fact they actually seek to conform to what society believes we (women) should look like. Sali has had her ears done, her wonky lip sorted, teeth whitening, tweakments (I hate that word) and Lord knows what else. Since becoming 'insta famous' Caroline has lost weight, had braces, teeth whitening, botox, fillers and surgery on her eye lids (for medical reasons - yeah right!!). If they were so empowered why are they so concerned about what they look like.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The jeans and jumper combo in the blazing sun - is it some sort of attention seeking?! Almost masochistic!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I clicked on one of the links in salis column. Whatcha know the bybi or whatever brand's first page includes a massive beauty banks logo...
'donate excess product to a charity, get likely mention in national broadsheet by charity founder'
She is shameless the way she exploits that Guardian column

Last edited:
  • Angry
I agree. I was thinking about this the other day. People like Hughes, Hirons, et al are so big on woman being empowered and standing up to the patriarchy but in fact they actually seek to conform to what society believes we (women) should look like. Sali has had her ears done, her wonky lip sorted, teeth whitening, tweakments (I hate that word) and Lord knows what else. Since becoming 'insta famous' Caroline has lost weight, had braces, teeth whitening, botox, fillers and surgery on her eye lids (for medical reasons - yeah right!!). If they were so empowered why are they so concerned about what they look like.
So true. Plus I saw her latest IGTV and will admit I have absolutely no knowledge of retinols but was quite appalled at a treatment that makes your skin hurt.
Sali and Caroline Hirons are not empowered. They are the opposite of empowered. Applying every product going and using treatments to pretend they are still 30 or whatever age they think is acceptable to society. They epitomise conformity.

Reactions: 13
Perfect opportunity to be a little self-effacing, fess up to the botox and fillers, but no. Doubles down instead

They'd just dismiss this under the guise of "self-empowerment" or "I do it for myself". Lame-arse donut-twitter feminism

@Jelly Bean, you posted while i was writing

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
They'd just dismiss this under the guise of "self-empowerment" or "I do it for myself". Lame-arse donut-twitter feminism
Isn't it? Keep buying more and more stuff to try to look young. So empowering. It literally is what is expected if not demanded of women these days. People like Sali enable and fuel the fire. They meekly suck up every new product designed to prey on women's insecurities and get paid to pass the message on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So true. Plus I saw her latest IGTV and will admit I have absolutely no knowledge of retinols but was quite appalled at a treatment that makes your skin hurt.
I've been using retinol products for years and years ( ;) ) and I've never ever experienced the wincing/pain/discomfort that Sali has talked about. Sometimes the skin would peel a bit if I was using too much or too often, but it was painless and solved with reducing usage and keeping the skin supple with a moisturiser.

It's a sorry state that the beauty industry comes out with yet more products to deal with that level of sensitivity. I suspect Sali's use of daily acids along with a daily flannel (thus physical exfoliation) have led her skin to scream, "PLEASE NO MORE!". But ya know, there's a gap on the market for a £69 cream than addressing the root of the problem [as much as I disagree with some of Jessica DeFino's methods, she's on the mark about this sort of stuff]

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been using retinol products for years and years ( ;) ) and I've never ever experienced the wincing/pain/discomfort that Sali has talked about. Sometimes the skin would peel a bit if I was using too much or too often, but it was painless and solved with reducing usage and keeping the skin supple with a moisturiser.
Same. I've been using prescription tretinoin for several years and the only issue I've ever had is mild peeling on the chin if I go too heavy, which resolves immediately. It does dehydrate the skin a little but that is easily remedied with regular old moisturiser or oil

@Satisfying Click and @melfish, I too have long been an advocate of retinol :sneaky:, and I’ve also never experienced wincing and burning. The worst thing that’s happened so far is developing a very visible “beard” of flaky skin and not realising until half way through the work day.

I do wonder about that Kate Somerville cream. It does sound nice, but a lot of their products are very highly scented and often quite harsh.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.