Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 14.28.33.png

This really belongs on the Caroline Hirons thread as this was her response to whether she knows about any beauty businesses owned by POC, but I'm leaving this here as there were some mentions about her IG post.

witch, WHAT?

The reason Caroline (and most likely Sali) doesn't know is because they don't care to look, nor are they being paid by these businesses

But you know, there aren't that many. Foxie Cosmetics. Fashion Fair. Black Opal Beauty. Uoma beauty. Hanahana beauty. Base Butter. Aba Love. Epara Skincare. Unsun cosmetics. The Lip Bar. And many more.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
As if anyone is going to examine their own racist behaviour or attitudes as a result of Hironsā€™ post. For a straight white woman to list racism and homophobia along with SPF and ā€˜veggiesā€™ is belittling and offensive.

One might be tempted to call her Karen...

Reactions: 6
View attachment 140988

This really belongs on the Caroline Hirons thread as this was her response to whether she knows about any beauty businesses owned by POC, but I'm leaving this here as there were some mentions about her IG post.

witch, WHAT?

The reason Caroline (and most likely Sali) doesn't know is because they don't care to look, nor are they being paid by these businesses

But you know, there aren't that many. Foxie Cosmetics. Fashion Fair. Black Opal Beauty. Uoma beauty. Hanahana beauty. Base Butter. Aba Love. Epara Skincare. Unsun cosmetics. The Lip Bar. And many more.
PAT MOTHERFUCKING MCGRATH?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I canā€™t stand Hirons, sheā€™s an absolute gobshite. So aggressive.

And, I donā€™t get why anyone would take advice from her? Her face is as tight as a drum and the fillers!

Sheā€™s a very good saleswoman Iā€™ll give her that.

Reactions: 8
I mean also Fenty is owned by LVMH, so itā€™s only minority-owned if you class millionaires as a minority.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I mean also Fenty is owned by LVMH, so itā€™s only minority-owned if you class millionaires as a minority.
Good point, but I think I still makes a difference spending money with a brand that caters to non-white and especially black people, spearheaded by a black woman, even if she doesn't outright own the business. The more success brands like this have, the bigger difference it will make to the wider industry's attitudes towards black women.

Reactions: 3
As if anyone is going to examine their own racist behaviour or attitudes as a result of Hironsā€™ post. For a straight white woman to list racism and homophobia along with SPF and ā€˜veggiesā€™ is belittling and offensive.

One might be tempted to call her Karen...
sounds like a 14yo doing performative politics.

It's also launched Rihanna into being the richest female musician, so she must be a shareholder too. Raises interesting questions about how you judge minority owned, 50% shares held by poc?

Edit to add my googling. She has 49.99% ownership

Reactions: 2
Good point, but I think I still makes a difference spending money with a brand that caters to non-white and especially black people, spearheaded by a black woman, even if she doesn't outright own the business. The more success brands like this have, the bigger difference it will make to the wider industry's attitudes towards black women.
Absolutely, I was only being facetious because Caroline was winding me up there šŸ˜ƒ.

Reactions: 1
Without the 'please recommend me a...' 'would this suit me...' 'where is it stocked' questions engagement would be lower on insta posts, but noone judges a charity by insta engagement so I think it's a slight martyr narrative. Bit like cringe tagline "everyone's thinking it lucy mangan is saying it" to make them seem like radical progressives
That's a tagline? How utterly embarrassing

Good point. Also she now says that everyone is feeling financial instability and giving less to charity, but wasnā€™t she just shilling a Ā£60 blusher? Her two roles seem to be in conflict.
THIS! Pick one. Of course she would just blow this off using that word she learnt and now repeats ad infinitum: "Stop being so BINARY. It's possible to care about both things." This isn't critical thinking, it's making excuses for your own cognitive dissonance

Why tf does CH think anyone wants to see her lip synching? She is such a vile creature. I lasted 10 seconds. What an ego!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
What temperature is it in Brighton ? She's wearing her BF jumper and she has to be bloody boiling in it. Purely attention seeking looking for a reaction I reckon (if it's as hot there as it is here!)

Reactions: 3
What temperature is it in Brighton ? She's wearing her BF jumper and she has to be bloody boiling in it. Purely attention seeking looking for a reaction I reckon (if it's as hot there as it is here!)
Exactly! Itā€™s 25 degrees in Brighton today. Sheā€™s wearing jeans and a jumper but I bet sheā€™s ā€œjust rightā€ like she was the other day in her black boots.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In a rather feeble attempt to drum up interest in her column - any ideas about tomorrow's?
I know literally no one cares.
It will be 2 - 3 paragraphs of waffle with a couple of recommendations at the bottom.
She is so frustrating as I'm sure I remember her being a good and interesting beauty journalist.

Reactions: 2
In a rather feeble attempt to drum up interest in her column - any ideas about tomorrow's?
I know literally no one cares.
It will be 2 - 3 paragraphs of waffle with a couple of recommendations at the bottom.
She is so frustrating as I'm sure I remember her being a good and interesting beauty journalist.
CT has a new bronzer out so maybe it'll be that for some 'cheering', maybe fenty will get a token mention for some balance.

Or a tory skincare column after being stuck inside with a tory for so long. Eye cream for cummings, batiste for boris, soaper doaper handwash to wash the blood of handcock's hands... soz I'm bitter

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sheā€™s getting a little snippy with the blue-tickers and heavy-hitters now...

2E3271E7-6EFD-4074-B785-E5A94F480C7B.jpeg

Surely just go and watch the video so you can gush your thanks?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.