Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK, I went back in... it’s what she’s already told us about Beauty Banks and the current crisis but stretched over 12 mins. Feels like 30. Only new thing: BB are possibly withdrawing from their NHS work over next couple of weeks and targeting care homes and schools. That’s in addition to their core work with food banks etc. Important work but wtf that video was about I don’t know. Surely you have to get a clear snappy message over before your average non-petty non-skidder switches off?

She says she doesn’t put much BB stuff on her personal Insta as if she does then her “engagement falls off a cliff”. Lovely followers!!
Without the 'please recommend me a...' 'would this suit me...' 'where is it stocked' questions engagement would be lower on insta posts, but noone judges a charity by insta engagement so I think it's a slight martyr narrative. Bit like cringe tagline "everyone's thinking it lucy mangan is saying it" to make them seem like radical progressives

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Good point. Also she now says that everyone is feeling financial instability and giving less to charity, but wasn’t she just shilling a £60 blusher? Her two roles seem to be in conflict.

Reactions: 8
She says she doesn’t put much BB stuff on her personal Insta as if she does then her “engagement falls off a cliff”. Lovely followers!!
Thing is, why would any follower care about her engagement levels? It's a weird thing to say publicly because it's such a blatant acknowledgement that she's only there to shill.

Reactions: 11
Thing is, why would any follower care about her engagement levels? It's a weird thing to say publicly because it's such a blatant acknowledgement that she's only there to shill.
She was saying that it’s a downward spiral, I think. Less engagement = less publicity for BB. But... yeah.

Reactions: 1
Without the 'please recommend me a...' 'would this suit me...' 'where is it stocked' questions engagement would be lower on insta posts,
I never realised this is why so many product details are omitted...doh. I'm now seeing how influencers do it in a whole new light. It puzzled me why they never give comprehensive product details or give snippy, grudging replies to questions, like SH.
Thank you for the enlightenment, skidders!

She was saying that it’s a downward spiral, I think. Less engagement = less publicity for BB. But... yeah.
You're more charitable than me...to me it's because less engagement = impact on the rates she can charge for her posts!

Reactions: 8
I still don't think she explained properly the massive shift in focus from poverty hygiene to the NHS - or maybe she did and I missed it?

I still don't think she explained properly the massive shift in focus from poverty hygiene to the NHS - or maybe she did and I missed it?
She said that many people from the NHS were contacting her/BB and asking for help. And that it was only donated bulk product.

ETA: Oh Sorry, you said “explained properly”... No.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Now, I’ve been wanting to do a post about this for ages (no, really!). Her repeated claim that she doesn’t dye her hair (due to serious allergy). Is this another case of being #prettyhonest? Despite saying years ago that she was going grey, she’s never shown any greys until lockdown. Is this a fudging of what constitutes a dye? She’s been having salon semi-permanents, perhaps?

C4A02E25-7C66-48AF-8877-C0B36AA51012.jpeg

She could just be using root sprays if she doesn't have many greys? She's not even showing many now, so it can't be a significant amount?

Not that I would be surprised if she was getting salon semi-permanents.

Reactions: 2
She could just be using root sprays if she doesn't have many greys? She's not even showing many now, so it can't be a significant amount?

Not that I would be surprised if she was getting salon semi-permanents.
I thought it looked quite different now - grey growth well-blended with the root sprays/wands that she promotes? Whereas before she didn’t show any greys.

She said that many people from the NHS were contacting her/BB and asking for help. And that it was only donated bulk product.

ETA: Oh Sorry, you said “explained properly”... No.
Mm yes. It was just the massive change in emphasis in all her tweets/posts. I still can't quite get my head round why the NHS has anything to do with hygiene poverty. Getting lots of Charlotte Tilbury products is undoubtedly lovely but I would say non essential. I'm not saying they didn't deserve it 100% - but it is a different thing to hygiene poverty and I don't get from Sali's explanation why they did it.

Reactions: 10
Obligatory retweet of Hadley Freeman's Woody Allen piece. Gotta suckbutt those proper writers.

Reactions: 3
Re Jessica Delfino - make up and skincare are subjective. I feel more put together when I wear make up and more professional when working as I am very client facing in my role. I also like doing my skincare routine as I like how my skin feels afterwards. I don't want to look like a wrinkly old scrote when I get older. I find the process relaxing and I am doing it for myself during lockdown as the cat sure as hell doesn't appreciate the effort!!

Re the Bella Freud apartment, it's not my style at all. I hate the decor and that she has random items with that blinking phrase on it all over the shop. The apartment doesn't seem to 'flow' to me.
I liked the room with cork on the walls, it’s a natural product and I’m going to be using it more extensively in the future. I’ve had two bathrooms with it on the floor. I want to use it in more rooms.

Think i can safely give the vid a miss then. Still don’t get why BB comms aren’t kept entirely separate and she could just retweet.

from the IG still though - if we are to believe Sali is such a great giver of gifts to her friends, you would think one of them would have the decency to remember when birthdays & Christmas rolls around that she needs a lint roller.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does the powerful ring light make things like lint show up more?
And you really aren't missing anything with the video. They are going to stop giving so much to hospitals and will focus more on schools and care homes seemed to be the only real 'news'.

Slightly OT but if anyone wants a glimpse of proper sniping head over to Caroline Hiron's latest Instagram post. Her aggressiveness is astounding imo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.