Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The wedding makeup story has no doubt equally been given a fantastical twist (i.e. it’s 99% bollocks
Maybe the wedding makeup story was only exaggerated for negativity for the book, and that was when the froideur occurred, not on the actual wedding day?
It's got to be a very big name MUA, because otherwise either there would have been a makeup rehearsal/discussion ahead of time, or Sali would have spoken up as it was being done or quietly corrected it herself afterwards.
It suggests to me that Sali only decided she didn't like the make up when she got the pictures back, notwithstanding that the way she tells it in the book as if she sat there suffering and knowing it was wrong. It's only make up after all, not a tattoo...it would have taken 5 minutes to fix.
LE is so lovely and a great deal of her success as a MUA is down to her calmness in dealing with difficult, fussy people. I imagine what would annoy her was not being told at the time that her client wasn't happy and therefore not having the opportunity to resolve it. Then finding out via industry gossip that a job she'd done as a favour (we know SH doesn't pay for anything) was being complained about as if she was a crap MUA...
That's the only way I can read the story so it makes sense to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Maybe the wedding makeup story was only exaggerated for negativity for the book, and that was when the froideur occurred, not on the actual wedding day?
It's got to be a very big name MUA, because otherwise either there would have been a makeup rehearsal/discussion ahead of time, or Sali would have spoken up as it was being done or quietly corrected it herself afterwards.
It suggests to me that Sali only decided she didn't like the make up when she got the pictures back, notwithstanding that the way she tells it in the book as if she sat there suffering and knowing it was wrong. It's only make up after all, not a tattoo...it would have taken 5 minutes to fix.
LE is so lovely and a great deal of her success as a MUA is down to her calmness in dealing with difficult, fussy people. I imagine what would annoy her was not being told at the time that her client wasn't happy and therefore not having the opportunity to resolve it. Then finding out via industry gossip that a job she'd done as a favour (we know SH doesn't pay for anything) was being complained about as if she was a crap MUA...
That's the only way I can read the story so it makes sense to me.
Although I’d love to know the truth, I think we’re barking up the wrong tree. If Lisa had been the MUA at her wedding then Sali would have been bragging left right and centre, even if she didn’t like the makeup (although I’m sure it would have been great). For that reason I think it’s something else.

I think she would have been paying for any MUA back then. It was her first wedding - she wasn’t an influencer, didn’t even have the Guardian column.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know what happened to Sali’s melasma? She used to mention she had a large patch of it but now seems to often just wear tinted moisturiser and it’s gone.

You're right that SH wasn't an influencer then, but she was working on magazines, both as assistant MUA on editorial shoots and also trying to get writing jobs (it was all about who you knew, as SH admits, so there was overlap).

But also back then LE didn't have the profile she does now. She was an established MUA, and it was clear she was massively talented. They would have been acquainted, working in beauty. SH wouldn't have been able to afford LE's rates and she never worked as a wedding MUA - it would have been done as a favour. Hence no trial run.

• Heart
I've never heard of SH assisting on editorial shoots. She started at Loaded when she was 22, I've read somewhere so that's 97.
I think everyone wants it to be LE because it would show what a witch SH is. Not because there is any evidence for it or logic behind it.
We've probably never heard of whoever was the in demand makeup artist was at the time SH first got married. And the only evidence any of it happened at all is SH's account and I think it's fair to say she is an unreliable narrator.

Reactions: 9
I've never heard of SH assisting on editorial shoots. She started at Loaded when she was 22, I've read somewhere so that's 97.
I think everyone wants it to be LE because it would show what a witch SH is. Not because there is any evidence for it or logic behind it.
We've probably never heard of whoever was the in demand makeup artist was at the time SH first got married. And the only evidence any of it happened at all is SH's account and I think it's fair to say she is an unreliable narrator.
Regardless of whether it was LE or not, it's still a bitchy thing to do. If it was something else other than LE, it doesn't make it any less bitchy. Most of the other major celebrity makeup artists she is either pally with or has done collaborations/ in the bathroom with. Whereas LE, she remains tight lipped when asked about her, e.g all the comments asking if she can do an in the bathroom with Lisa going ignored. No mention of her lipsticks or book despite Lisa being a major player in the industry. The derogatory "she's a makeup artist, I'm a writer" comment. We can all speculate until the cows come home and none of us will ever know but if it's not a BS made up story I'm convinced it's LE

I may be mistaken but I'm fairly certain LE wasn't included in the list of makeup artists and youtubers SH recommended at the end of Pretty Honest. It seemed like a glaring omission.

Last edited:
  • Wow
They don't show up as following eachother on Instagram to me. That seems odd as they are in the same industry, but possibly reading too much into it.

Ignore me, Sali does follow Lisa. False alarm :ROFLMAO:

Oh dear - we are all so apathetic towards her now we can just about muster 'petty' 😂
OK, I only managed to get to 2.43 mins. It’s about Beauty Banks but so much intro waffling. I’m sure a skidder on here will be able to analyse WTF it’s all about.

My petty-watch turned into Botox-watch...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I couldn’t get past “I’ve been wanting to make this video for ages”.

She’s even more bland without products.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just haven’t got the stomach for it this morning. Maybe later unless one of you kind beefy skidsters takes one for the team and gives a synopsis.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
OK, I only managed to get to 2.43 mins. It’s about Beauty Banks but so much intro waffling. I’m sure a skidder on here will be able to analyse WTF it’s all about.

My petty-watch turned into Botox-watch...
I find her IGTVs hard going due to waffle. Haven't watched this one.
I think it was the EL foundation or something, but omg it was about a minute of info stretched over nearly 10 minutes.
'It's glowy. If you like that then this is for you. If you don't like glowy maybe go for something else. Now I like glowy foundation but I know it isn't for everyone. I'm all about the glow so I love it. If you prefer a more matte foundation - then this might not be for you etc etc et bloody cetera'.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OK, I went back in... it’s what she’s already told us about Beauty Banks and the current crisis but stretched over 12 mins. Feels like 30. Only new thing: BB are possibly withdrawing from their NHS work over next couple of weeks and targeting care homes and schools. That’s in addition to their core work with food banks etc. Important work but wtf that video was about I don’t know. Surely you have to get a clear snappy message over before your average non-petty non-skidder switches off?

She says she doesn’t put much BB stuff on her personal Insta as if she does then her “engagement falls off a cliff”. Lovely followers!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.