Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re all friends. They’ve been in each other’s videos etc. I don’t know if she plugged the box but she’s definitely taking the piss out of people upset at the n o n c e candle
I don't either, but I can't see how her comment could be read that way unfortunately and v much doubt it was the "real thing" especially considering L's response?
internet in a nutshell. We all read different things into posts. Am not SC’s biggest fan, but was giving her the benefit the doubt regarding laughing about a p.aedo

Reactions: 2
Lauren is Sali's little lackey. She does what she's told. She could be quite nasty on GTL/SHB if anyone even mildly expressed a different opinion from that of Sali. Sad really.

Reactions: 6
I wonder as well as ‘Nervo’ bingo, Sali has a list of sponsors she has to shoehorn into everything she writes tacked above her desk? The fact that she shoves Grensons into advertorial about box sets is nuts. Guess it pays the bills - she can prob charge a few £100 for that ‘subtle’ plug alone. It’s so pathetically transparent.

I remembered another thing that “boils my piss” - the way they all write “Cor!” after anything that vaguely excites them

• Haha
I wonder as well as ‘Nervo’ bingo, Sali has a list of sponsors she has to shoehorn into everything she writes tacked above her desk? The fact that she shoves Grensons into advertorial about box sets is nuts. Guess it pays the bills - she can prob charge a few £100 for that ‘subtle’ plug alone. It’s so pathetically transparent.
Omg do you think the whole mention of S and TC was simply to shoehorn in a Grensons mention? The S and TC recommendation did seem odd.
I'm wondering what other programmes an advert can be inserted into subtly - 'Dynasty - we can all marvel at the amazing bouffant hair - thank goodness things have changed since the arrival of stylists like Hersheson'.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am actually confused by this - what are they all thinking? What does SC mean? Are they actually laughing at people who found the whole thing bleeping awful?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I am actually confused by this - what are they all thinking? What does SC mean? Are they actually laughing at people who found the whole thing bleeping awful?
Yeah, they’re laughing about the fact anyone had a problem with it.

The reason I knew it was that straight away (other than that I’m spectacularly cynical & you’re all probably nicer people than me!) is that these Instagram/low-level media types never ever call each other out in public, even if they disagree with them. It would be too awkward when they all go to the same lunches and work with the same brands.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I don't think they're thinking. Just closing ranks.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I don't think they're thinking. Just closing ranks.
Yes and as they think everyone here is the lowest of the low it's probably hilarious that the candle disgusted a lot of us.

Speaking of which - I saw on Facebook that the candle doesn't even smell nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
New thread name ideas - I think we should get in the candle - and I agree with a non rhyming one too. I just can't think of anything at all yet apart from:

Sali Hughes #16 Seller of Ginsberg Creepy Candles. It's just a name.

(I don't think really explicit thread titles are permitted eg p@edo).

Reactions: 8
Based on a comment upthread by @Disillusioned, suggested thread title:

Sali Hughes #16: The sell-out who couldn't sell out.

I'd initially thought it would be a bit mean to suggest that, but I'm feeling a bit mean now.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

I'd initially thought it would be a bit mean to suggest that, but I'm feeling a bit mean now.
Ha ha, I just came to ask if it was still available — if it hasn’t in over a week surely it’s a disaster, compared to other Box Floggers who sell out in hours?

Attention Daily Mail Journos - I’ve written it for you:

Imbecilic box flogger Sali Hughes was left reeling yesterday when her carefully curated beauty box offering didn’t sell out immediately. Industry insiders blamed the very pedestrian contents, the perplexing small /large /mini sizing confusion, the literal lighting a candle at the shrine of a known paedophile candle, and the non-inclusive greasy CC cream included in the box.

Middlemen Cult Beauty blamed Tattle for shining a light on the whole sorry affair and admitted that trying to clear the unsold tit in their warehouse via an unwanted medium for a ludicrous £130 nine weeks into lockdown was a ridiculous idea.

Sali blamed her fans for being far too stupid and uncool to get the candle thing, not understanding legal definitions of volume, and not appreciating the year of planning that had gone into it. She would not concede any form of humiliation over the whole affair, although that might have been the Botox preventing emotion showing in her face, but did petulantly stamp her Grensons on the ground. She has absolutely no previous form for accepting any kind of blame for anything.

Dawn O’Porter could not be reached for comment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That's a lovely photo of her, and as others have said reminded me why I started following her. That early series of videos she did for the Guardian was ace! What a shame she started up with all the fillers etc.
Yes she really was awfully pretty back then - like someone from an Indie girl band. It actually infuriates me that a medical practitioner looked at that wee face and agreed to procedures instead of saying 'oh FFS you are lovely'.

Ha ha, I just came to ask if it was still available — if it hasn’t in over a week surely it’s a disaster, compared to other Box Floggers who sell out in hours?
I think it was declared to have been sold out by the end of the day or the second day - but all the contents still seemed to be available separately and I think one of the items was being bundled up with something else. Who knows what really goes on, but it seemed clear that it wasn't the instant sell out that these things are expected to be.

Reactions: 2
That's a lovely photo of her, and as others have said reminded me why I started following her. That early series of videos she did for the Guardian was ace! What a shame she started up with all the fillers etc.
It was a screen shot from a 2011 Guardian video. When I used to watch those videos I don't think I gave much thought to what she looked like. I vaguely thought her make-up was a bit heavy (for my taste) and her hair a bit too dark (oddly, in retrospect, as she's often said she isn't able to dye her hair) - but it didn't detract from what I took to be honest advice and recommendations.

I'm actually really sad that they would have that reaction to people being upset about a candle celebrating a known paedophile.

Sali's recent behaviour may irritate me, but I once really admired and supported her and it's really disappointing and sad that these are her true colours. This is the kind of thing she and her journo mates would usually pipe up to criticise, and now she's acting this way.

Love this! Is there something to add on about the candle at the end. I'm crap at thinking them up!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.