Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here - ever since Freaky Friday. I’ve wondered all this time whether I’ll ever have something to contribute. Now I have, a confession of sorts: I was one of those who liked Sam Chapman’s creepy candle comment. When I read it I was so happy that finally somebody had spoken out against the horrifying candle business and In a Place where Sali was sure to read. I never usually like things on Instagram but this called for an exception. Or so I thought. Now after reading @Spanner‘s comment on the whole business I feel so stupid, naive, gullible. How could I believe Sam Chapman was publicly speaking out against the inclusion and subsequent proud display of the horrible candle? Maybe it was because I wanted somebody to do it so much. ..I‘ve since unliked the ghastly comment and will now go back to lurking and never doing anything on SM ever again. At least I now know why: it’s better for somebody as naive as myself. 🙈🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here - ever since Freaky Friday. I’ve wondered all this time whether I’ll ever have something to contribute. Now I have, a confession of sorts: I was one of those who liked Sam Chapman’s creepy candle comment. When I read it I was so happy that finally somebody had spoken out against the horrifying candle business and In a Place where Sali was sure to read. I never usually like things on Instagram but this called for an exception. Or so I thought. Now after reading @Spanner‘s comment on the whole business I feel so stupid, naive, gullible. How could I believe Sam Chapman was publicly speaking out against the inclusion and subsequent proud display of the horrible candle? Maybe it was because I wanted somebody to do it so much. ..I‘ve since unliked the ghastly comment and will now go back to lurking and never doing anything on SM ever again. At least I now know why: it’s better for somebody as naive as myself. 🙈🙈
Welcome! And seriously don't be hard on yourself - a lot of us were/are in two minds about her comment. The only reason I think she was joking was Sali liking it and Lauren's 😂 . But they might be gaslighting her. It is possible. I wish if so SC would be a bit more forcible about her opinion.

Reactions: 4
Don’t beat yourself up. You’re not stupid at all. It shows you’re a good person & supported what you thought was someone calling it out. Imagine being them & laughing about a self-declared p a e d o just because Kate Moss once made a jumper look cool

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Shilling that candle is/was a massive clanger for her. It’s 2020, Operation Yewtree happened. To celebrate someone championing a cause to legalise the abuse of young boys just isn’t acceptable on any level, by anyone, anywhere. She has two young boys FFS. Would love to know what she considers a dealbreaker for £.

much as I love @Aude ’s title suggestion, I think keeping her candle schill alive gets my vote @Jelly Bean

Sali Hughes #16 Seller of Ginsberg Creepy Candles. It's just a name.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Don't feel silly! I initially thought the same, that Sam was being genuine. I think (and hope!) the people other than Sali and Lauren that liked her comment probably did so for the same reason you did.

Shilling that candle is/was a massive clanger for her. It’s 2020, Operation Yewtree happened. To celebrate someone championing a cause to legalise abuse of young boys just isn’t acceptable on any level, by anyone, anywhere. She has two young boys FFS. Would love to know what she considers a dealbreaker for £.
I'm surprised she hasn't been called out by a journalist or someone with a large following on Twitter.

• Heart
Thank you so much for making me feel better @Jelly Bean & @Spanner.

Don't feel silly! I initially thought the same, that Sam was being genuine. I think (and hope!) the people other than Sali and Lauren that liked her comment probably did so for the same reason you did.

I'm surprised she hasn't been called out by a journalist or someone with a large following on Twitter.

Yes definitely makes you wonder what’s behind those likes. And shows how easily misunderstandings occur.

I was actually thinking about the possibility of a journalist taking up the the topic of the candle.

Hey, this posting business is actually fun 😂!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank you so much for making me feel better @Jelly Bean & @Spanner.

Yes definitely makes you wonder what’s behind those likes. And shows how easily misunderstandings occur.

I was actually thinking about the possibility of a journalist taking up the the topic of the candle.

Hey, this posting business is actually fun 😂!
Carry on but just get your cat flap reinforced just in case...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Slightly off at a tangent. Dawn O'Porter has put a post on her Insta wishing Louis Theroux a happy 50th birthday, and she hasn't featured a shot of herself in the montage. 👏👏
It can be done then. Love DOP btw.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Omg do you think the whole mention of S and TC was simply to shoehorn in a Grensons mention? The S and TC recommendation did seem odd.
I'm wondering what other programmes an advert can be inserted into subtly - 'Dynasty - we can all marvel at the amazing bouffant hair - thank goodness things have changed since the arrival of stylists like Hersheson'.
After a crappy day, this comment has made me smile so much! I can't believe she'd shoehorn something as culturally passe as SATC. The hyper consumerism and being obsessed with men is not "evergreen". It makes me cringe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
After a crappy day, this comment has made me smile so much! I can't believe she'd shoehorn something as culturally passe as SATC. The hyper consumerism and being obsessed with men is not "evergreen". It makes me cringe
Its because she can identify with Carrie

(She's not cool enough to be Miranda or Samantha)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just reading that Sam Chapman comment, I honestly would have thought she meant it as it was intended. Unless it's some kind of "hilarious" in joke? Strange if it is.

Reactions: 2
I genuinely don't understand why Red have got Sali churning out advertorials - surely you could get an intern/entry-level copywriter to do this for significantly less money? I really don't get it?
It's got to be a favour to her. Writing advertorials on magazines is usually something a staffer does for extra cash

I remembered another thing that “boils my piss” - the way they all write “Cor!” after anything that vaguely excites them
Sali's moved on to *unzips* now. So frightfully clever

Omg do you think the whole mention of S and TC was simply to shoehorn in a Grensons mention? The S and TC recommendation did seem odd.
I'm wondering what other programmes an advert can be inserted into subtly - 'Dynasty - we can all marvel at the amazing bouffant hair - thank goodness things have changed since the arrival of stylists like Hersheson'.
No, the company would have told her exactly which box sets to write about. It's an advertorial. They have sign-off approval too. It's really a horrible gig creatively but pays better than editorial so ...

Just reading that Sam Chapman comment, I honestly would have thought she meant it as it was intended. Unless it's some kind of "hilarious" in joke? Strange if it is.
Hard to tell whether it was serious, or a result of them all bitching about it privately. Either way, Lauren and Sali's reactions are both vile and entirely predictable

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Sali's recent behaviour may irritate me, but I once really admired and supported her and it's really disappointing and sad that these are her true colours. This is the kind of thing she and her journo mates would usually pipe up to criticise, and now she's acting this way.
I have sometimes thought that if she wasn't herself an influencer she would be here - or somewhere - being just as critical of influencer culture and practice as we are.

Can't believe Sali and Sam Chapman's behaviour re: candle - mothers of children both!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sadly, I think SC's comment was a joke...the emoji at the end gives it away, and worse, I'd say it's just the public tip of the private iceberg of their discussion about those who are objecting. Good for them that they all have such a casual attitude to sexual abuse and are happy to endorse abusers, but that's a privileged attitude which comes from never having suffered.
Also SH is happy to call out some abusers:
Screenshot_20200520-182602_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200520-182615_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200520-182622_Chrome.jpg

• Angry
  • Sad
I can't believe she'd shoehorn something as culturally passe as SATC. The hyper consumerism and being obsessed with men is not "evergreen". It makes me cringe

as discussed in a previous thread, the only person still watching worshipping SATC is everybody’s fave one note hasbeen Liz Jones. Surely she’s not the target demographic for thus advertorial?

• Haha
Love this! Is there something to add on about the candle at the end. I'm crap at thinking them up!
Modified suggestion:

Sali Hughes #16: The sell-out who couldn't sell out. Blame the candle scandal!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Sadly, I think SC's comment was a joke...the emoji at the end gives it away, and worse, I'd say it's just the public tip of the private iceberg of their discussion about those who are objecting. Good for them that they all have such a casual attitude to sexual abuse and are happy to endorse abusers, but that's a privileged attitude which comes from never having suffered.
Also SH is happy to call out some abusers:
View attachment 134438View attachment 134439View attachment 134440
We should keep a list. It’s fine when it’s Allen Ginsberg (because; cool) and fine when Woody Allen is accused (because; funny)

It’s not fine when it’s the average Joe sex offender.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
We should keep a list. It’s fine when it’s Allen Ginsberg (because; cool) and fine when Woody Allen is accused (because; funny)

It’s not fine when it’s the average Joe sex offender.
Are there class undertones to men's fuckedupness in general?
Upper-middle class - he's creative, misunderstood, philosopher, adventurous
Working class - 'wrong'un' 'just look at him'.

Different amounts of mud are required before it starts to stick

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.