Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JH1980

Hello,
I find her content unedifying. Whenever I watch/read her content on Instagram it left me with either a shopping list of some product I need to buy or thinking I must do more to stay looking young. The fact is in 5 years she will be 50 and yet will still look the same no doubt. Also the products she mentions are constantly shifting - this is the foundation you #cantlivewithout, no not that one this Estee Lauder one and then no not that one, this iT Cosmetics one. It's endless and ongoing but the real kicker is you will never actually achieve that look anyway despite the money you throw at the endless stream of shifting products because that which is doing the REAL heavy lifting to achieve the ageless look is not really discussed - the Botox at the Mayfair Clinic and the various other injectable/laser/IPL treatments. Without these structural interventions which would probably cost upwards of £5k ++ a year minimum to maintain, not to mentioned the hair extensions and the lip/face filler, you can and will never be able to keep up or achieve the same results. Never. You will age, you are ageing but keep throwing money at this and that product to look like me. That is the core of what I find irritating about her content. The lack of full transparency.

Yet she dismisses opinions like mine as trolling and exaggerates the content in this forum. The word that springs to mind is Cognitive Dissonance. Until she shifts from that position and addresses the fact she is an Influencer and major part of that is enabling people to spend money which they may or may not have to dispose of, she will remain entrenched.

This aspect of the industry boils down to FEAR and MONEY- the marketing machine (of which she is a cog) generates money, a lot of it. You the reader FEAR fine lines and wrinkles and from this fear the industry and people like Sali Hughes make money. There is much more to beauty and makeup of course (much of which is creative, empowering etc.,) but I am specifically talking about anti-aging products and her lack of full disclosure on this front. I thought I would leave a list of online content I find edifying -

The High Low Show
How to Fail with Elizabeth Day
Grounded with Louis Theroux
The Adam Buxton Show
Desert Island Discs

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I don't get the lack of research at all - the most cursory two minute Google search reveals Allen Ginsberg was a paedophile, and a defiantly proud one too by the sound of it. He might be the best tousle haired poet out there, but I'm afraid being a child molester sort of eclipses that. It is as appropriate as a 'Weinstein is a Winner' decorative vase. Because he was such a good film producer.

(Reminds me horribly of the Coco Chanel being so marvellous statement - 'dodgy politics aside' 🤦‍♀️)

And seriously re the FB group - why should anyone say please when asking a simple question? How rude to be admonished like that. The OP response was far more polite than mine would have been. And I wish the term 'curated' to dignify choosing a few items would be dropped. Makes me cringe. Last night at Asda I curated my shopping in the frozen veg aisle.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I am so tired of Sali implying that Tattlers are broken, damaged people. I'm a fully functioning member of society and judging by the witty, intelligent and hilarious posters here, everyone else is too. We're not drooling keyboard warriors living in our Mom's basement spewing out bile. We can think critically and are disillusioned by Sali and other influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Aude

VIP Member
you’ve got to give it to her- she does like a slogan.
Prompted by Sali's slogan jumper, I looked up one of my favourite essays by Fran Lebowitz. It's titled 'Clothes with Pictures and/or Writing on Them: Yes - Another Complaint'.

'Be realistic', she writes, 'If people don't want to listen to you, what makes you think they want to hear from your sweater'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Raker

VIP Member
Based on a comment upthread by @Disillusioned, suggested thread title:

Sali Hughes #16: The sell-out who couldn't sell out.

I'd initially thought it would be a bit mean to suggest that, but I'm feeling a bit mean now.
Ha ha, I just came to ask if it was still available — if it hasn’t in over a week surely it’s a disaster, compared to other Box Floggers who sell out in hours?

Attention Daily Mail Journos - I’ve written it for you:

Imbecilic box flogger Sali Hughes was left reeling yesterday when her carefully curated beauty box offering didn’t sell out immediately. Industry insiders blamed the very pedestrian contents, the perplexing small /large /mini sizing confusion, the literal lighting a candle at the shrine of a known paedophile candle, and the non-inclusive greasy CC cream included in the box.

Middlemen Cult Beauty blamed Tattle for shining a light on the whole sorry affair and admitted that trying to clear the unsold shit in their warehouse via an unwanted medium for a ludicrous £130 nine weeks into lockdown was a ridiculous idea.

Sali blamed her fans for being far too stupid and uncool to get the candle thing, not understanding legal definitions of volume, and not appreciating the year of planning that had gone into it. She would not concede any form of humiliation over the whole affair, although that might have been the Botox preventing emotion showing in her face, but did petulantly stamp her Grensons on the ground. She has absolutely no previous form for accepting any kind of blame for anything.

Dawn O’Porter could not be reached for comment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
We really should be honouring her for her service, never mind all the keyworkers. Let's clap for Sali!

Also, I hate her use of 'product' as singular.
EVERYTHING is singular with Sali. "A red lip, a leopard boot, a pink tight, an Ugg slipper" etc.
I remember asking on a previous thread if perhaps we should call her Sali Hugh. Singular.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Curio

Chatty Member
These days I don’t know if my house is meant to smell like a paedophile or Gwyneth’s vagina, it’s all so confusing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

J4n0Z

Chatty Member
I've probably said this brief, but I object very strongly to the way that SH portrays people with mental health issues. We are not "broken people" - get away with that absurd, patronising, stigmatising reductive shite!

People with MHI are not some borg/hive mind. There are plenty of us who are intelligent, functioning and haven't lost their ability to think critically. I expect that is what's bothering her the most.

• Heart
Hi, long time lurker here, not posted before as most of my thoughts have already been expressed in a more articulate fashion than I could type. But I am genuinely shocked by that exchange between Sam Chapman a Lauren. They're joking about a child abuser, whose actions will have ruined people's lives. It's not a fucking joke. Would they joke about Jimmy Savile on Instagram? No, cos he's not a cool beat poet.

There's lots of reasons survivors of child sexual abuse don't come forward or talk about it - they'll be shamed, laughed at, told to get over it, or their abuser has a position in society and is still respected. What are these women doing? Supposedly smart, empathetic women reinforcing all that shit. To sell a fucking candle.

• Heart
  • Sad

Aude

VIP Member
I feel a bit mean saying this, but there's a person - another beauty influencer I think - enthusiatically unboxing the box on SH's Stories who seems to think the candle is in praise of ginseng.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Oh look what some deep research* turns up... Sali and her chums mocking Biossance. Just last October:

30D46219-49DE-4F6A-9B41-549C7A24299B.jpeg
939BE162-813B-4954-86B5-FD56F60603B4.jpeg

Sali next mentions Biossance on 29 February this year in her Guardian column, praising their eye gel as the “main object of my affections” despite the fact that it “inevitably, costs more than a half tank of petrol”.

The very next day, she mentions Biossance again, on Instagram: “Squalane + vitamin C rose oil (adore it)”

Now what could have happened between October 2019 and February 2020 for SH to go from mocking the brand to promoting them?

* deep research = googling Sali + Biossance

• Wow
  • Angry

Aude

VIP Member
Based on a comment upthread by @Disillusioned, suggested thread title:

Sali Hughes #16: The sell-out who couldn't sell out.

I'd initially thought it would be a bit mean to suggest that, but I'm feeling a bit mean now.

• Heart
  • Haha

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Am i living in the Twilight Zone? Hasn’t SH been going on about all the extra time everyone has for weeks?

CC6AC3E3-5D32-4953-972E-836AE855E7CB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Yes silly - stop focussing on the paedophilia part and let's be girly and think about GIN.

After all it is just a name 🤷‍♀️
I don’t know the BBB person or what she is like. I do know if I was her I would quietly remove the box promotional post. Regardless. If CB or SH commented to me about it I would tell them exactly why. Perhaps she had been paid to post, I would still return those funds. My conscience would win that one easily.

I suppose the pulling power of this box might have repercussions sponsorship wise? The new uncertain future for brands means they must be having a half eye on who can reliably shift stock.
good point. In other words Sali’s Box No 2 will be full of the old jaded stock again, a couple of travel sizes and a Rolf Harris annual.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Paulinefowler

Long time lurker, first time poster, Ex SH fan - I do not believe a single endorsement these days.

Isn’t Sali’s article just an ad for Now TV? But sure, she’s a *journalist*.

‘Hey, Sali. Will you pretend to have an opinion on something for money?’ 🤑

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
The candle situation reeks of pseudo intellectual, fake sophistication. Knowing enough to think it sounds cool, French & edgy (plus St Kate’s blessing), without actually knowing what the f*ck she’s promoting or doing her homework. Lazy, careless & pretentious.

• Heart
Reactions: 26