Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are there class undertones to men's fuckedupness in general?
Upper-middle class - he's creative, misunderstood, philosopher, adventurous
Working class - 'wrong'un' 'just look at him'.

Different amounts of mud are required before it starts to stick
This x1000

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My brother-in-law works in a prison for sex offenders. I’ll get him to ask around and see if anyone wants their name stitched on a t-shirt. We could make our fortune!

(I’ll put the money towards paying the lawyer when Jack Monroe sues us, might as well make this cross-thread!)

(Edited to say - I realise that looks really flippant and I don’t want to upset anyone! It’s just so ridiculous and disappointing. Anyone who has survived any kind of abuse is amazing & you have my love 😘)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My brother-in-law works in a prison for sex offenders. I’ll get him to ask around and see if anyone wants their name stitched on a t-shirt. We could make our fortune!

(I’ll put the money towards paying the lawyer when Jack Monroe sues us, might as well make this cross-thread!)

(Edited to say - I realise that looks really flippant and I don’t want to upset anyone! It’s just so ridiculous and disappointing. Anyone who has survived any kind of abuse is amazing & you have my love 😘)
Don't worry - I don't think anybody thought it was flippant - just illustrating a point :m

Reactions: 1
Don't worry - I don't think anybody thought it was flippant - just illustrating a point :m
Thanks! It just makes me so angry. It’s so stupid! I can’t believe just a year ago, I didn’t even know she’d had a “weak dilute” of Botox. My eyes are open now!

Reactions: 6
New thread name ideas - I think we should get in the candle - and I agree with a non rhyming one too. I just can't think of anything at all yet apart from:

Sali Hughes #16 Seller of Ginsberg Creepy Candles. It's just a name.

(I don't think really explicit thread titles are permitted eg p@edo).
How long can a title be ? Can I add to yours ? It's just a name. But you feel how you feel

Reactions: 2
We should keep a list. It’s fine when it’s Allen Ginsberg (because; cool)
Just to clarify, this should read: (because; Bella and Kate think it’s cool and I want to be part of the cool girl gang 😎)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s just a name 😏
DAF67717-16BA-4A0F-8DB2-A23534AD1CC6.jpeg

Just good skincare, guys! Nothing to do with the regular Botox, fillers, facials and obscene ring light 😡

45D44298-F926-45E8-A109-248108F6E68E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She has so many opportunities to casually mention tweakments and smidges but almost wilfully avoids it. I imagine we are going to have a big push on retinols before long.
The ring light also makes such a huge difference for 'glow' - we can see that when there are pictures of her away from it.

Reactions: 9
She has so many opportunities to casually mention tweakments and smidges but almost wilfully avoids it. I imagine we are going to have a big push on retinols before long.
The ring light also makes such a huge difference for 'glow' - we can see that when there are pictures of her away from it.

Watched the Wayne Goss video after ring lighting was mentioned here a few times recently. Just WOW, if not too expensive I might get one and carry it in front of me (my beefy face rather) at all times. This makes such a huge difference!
Also, I prefer her more ‚unglowy‘ pictures. The shine is too much for my taste. I find that a Real youthful glow eg. In kids or people in their 20s is much more about a luminosity in colour and it always has a velvety finish. The shine only starts once puberty hits - and not in a good way. KJ Hughes once showed how she applies an awful lot of Weleda face oil to achieve a glow but I think it looks just like what it actually is: a slick of a rather thick face oil.
I meant the shine comes in an unattractive way in puberty.

Reactions: 7
It’s just a name 😏View attachment 134576

Just good skincare, guys! Nothing to do with the regular Botox, fillers, facials and obscene ring light 😡

View attachment 134579

Good example of SH not lying but not disclosing the whole story and the most important parts of the reason behind her amazing skin. Probably resulting in the poster spending £52 on 30ml for the Skin Insurance product and hence contributing to her ‘Delia effect on sales’ industry reputation.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Sorry to bring this back to the candle again. But I’ve found it unpleasant even reading this thread lately despite the lovely, funny and warm people here.

This has crossed a line from an irritating part of the media which I feel personally affected by and worry about my children and other women and so on... to being unequivocally wrong and nasty, part of the big blanket which covers abuse and lets it go on.

Much as I dislike Sali Hughes’ professional ethics (ie transparency, rudeness to commenters who I assume must be vulnerable if they’re constantly trying to talk to minor slebs, ruthless bullying of some women and nasty comments about others). I did not ever think a solid member of the Guardian team would sell an object which celebrates padophilia.

I don’t know what to do. Critique on public platforms has been laughed at or silenced or even reality denied. I don’t know which is worse. Maybe it isn’t such a big deal. But I think about all the people who have been through this and we’ve made so much progress but here up pops a big old jolly about it all. And it should have been a safe space. Ie in our ‘progressive’ broadsheet (because that is the platform that has given SH legitimacy).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry to bring this back to the candle again. But I’ve found it unpleasant even reading this thread lately despite the lovely, funny and warm people here.

This has crossed a line from an irritating part of the media which I feel personally affected by and worry about my children and other women and so on... to being unequivocally wrong and nasty, part of the big blanket which covers abuse and lets it go on.

Much as I dislike Sali Hughes’ professional ethics (ie transparency, rudeness to commenters who I assume must be vulnerable if they’re constantly trying to talk to minor slebs, ruthless bullying of some women and nasty comments about others). I did not ever think a solid member of the Guardian team would sell an object which celebrates padophilia.

I don’t know what to do. Critique on public platforms has been laughed at or silenced or even reality denied. I don’t know which is worse. Maybe it isn’t such a big deal. But I think about all the people who have been through this and we’ve made so much progress but here up pops a big old jolly about it all. And it should have been a safe space. Ie in our ‘progressive’ broadsheet (because that is the platform that has given SH legitimacy).

Agree with you 100% and so well said!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Watched the Wayne Goss video after ring lighting was mentioned here a few times recently. Just WOW, if not too expensive I might get one and carry it in front of me (my beefy face rather) at all times. This makes such a huge difference!
Also, I prefer her more ‚unglowy‘ pictures. The shine is too much for my taste. I find that a Real youthful glow eg. In kids or people in their 20s is much more about a luminosity in colour and it always has a velvety finish. The shine only starts once puberty hits - and not in a good way. KJ Hughes once showed how she applies an awful lot of Weleda face oil to achieve a glow but I think it looks just like what it actually is: a slick of a rather thick face oil.
I meant the shine comes in an unattractive way in puberty.
For some reason KJH can pull this level of shine off and look fantastic in my eyes. Sali & the rest of us plebs, not so much.

For some reason KJH can pull this level of shine off and look fantastic in my eyes. Sali & the rest of us plebs, not so much.
That’s true. On KJH it‘s somehow in line with her overall look. Possibly because of the Kind of eye make up look she usually wears. But definitely not a look for everyone and everyday, I would always be nervous of somebody having a go at me with a powder puff or blotting paper.

Reactions: 3

Totally agree. I’ve stopped commenting on other aspects as it all pales beside this. I also think some action should be taken over this. Writing to Guardian, Cult and other retailers would be the first step, I guess?

I’m just feeling really inarticulate.

Reactions: 4

I had stopped reading about SH (got caught up in JM thread), but I saw this candle and I’m horrified. @BostonFernGreen you have said it so much better than I could but I agree with you 100%

Totally agree. I’ve stopped commenting on other aspects as it all pales beside this. I also think some action should be taken over this. Writing to Guardian, Cult and other retailers would be the first step, I guess?
Thing is that is were it could tip over into harassment- contacting employers, those with a professional relationship with Sali. SH didn't design, produce or - apart from on this one occasion - profit from the candle. I think championing the candle and it's inclusion in the box was a misstep rather than a deliberate decision to champion an odious individual.
On this occasion I'd suggest that SH was too concerned with surface and consequently her research lacked the necessary depth.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Agreed @Mselvista , but her sniping at those who questioned it was just completely the wrong tone to take. If it was an I’m too co misstep then she had plenty of time to own it or remove it

Thing is that is were it could tip over into harassment- contacting employers, those with a professional relationship with Sali. SH didn't design, produce or - apart from on this one occasion - profit from the candle. I think championing the candle and it's inclusion in the box was a misstep rather than a deliberate decision to champion an odious individual.
On this occasion I'd suggest that SH was too concerned with surface and consequently her research lacked the necessary depth.
Contacting retailers pointing out the association of Ginsberg with paedophilia needn’t even mention Sali, let alone even approach harassment. Asking The Guardian if they are aware that one of their columnists is still promoting a slogan referring to a paedophile is not harassment.

She’s been championing this candle and slogan since 2013. I’ve posted up thread about the strong likelihood that she must have known the association before putting together this box.

See: http://tattle.life/threads/sali-hug...ard-dont-let-standards-slip.5807/post-1364403

And: http://tattle.life/threads/sali-hug...ard-dont-let-standards-slip.5807/post-1364458

Reactions: 7
She suggested contacting our employers first...
Depends if she 'harassed' to get her graun job from lauren like in the first place...

But important to raise it in a professional manner, that the graun is linked to Ginsberg via a columnist, and that considering how sharp the graun is about editing online columns to correct mistakes and stating this at the bottom with reasons, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to do the same.

*article edited to acknowledge the serious allegations against the poet whose name was the design feature of the jumper worn by Kate Moss etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.