Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Modified suggestion:

Sali Hughes #16: The sell-out who couldn't sell out. Blame the candle scandal!
I wouldn't want my title suggestion to be seen as trivialising feelings about the BF slogan and I'd be very happy to withdraw it. @Jelly Bean had a suggestion upthread for a more directly negative reference to the candle that may better reflect the feeling here.

Reactions: 3
Contacting retailers pointing out the association of Ginsberg with paedophilia needn’t even mention Sali, let alone even approach harassment. Asking The Guardian if they are aware that one of their columnists is still promoting a slogan referring to a paedophile is not harassment.

She’s been championing this candle and slogan since 2013. I’ve posted up thread about the strong likelihood that she must have known the association before putting together this box.

See: http://tattle.life/threads/sali-hug...ard-dont-let-standards-slip.5807/post-1364403

And: http://tattle.life/threads/sali-hug...ard-dont-let-standards-slip.5807/post-1364458
Agree. It's a tricky situation.

I do want to clarify that I have previously said I felt like I wanted to contact the Guardian as I think all of the undisclosed links with Hersheons are shady. I never actually did, it was more ranting and I didn't contact them. But even if I had I don't think it's out of line. If there are valid concerns and evidence then why should they not be contacted about her behaviour? Doesn't it come with the territory if you want to work for a major newspaper like the Guardian, that you may be held accountable for your very public actions?
(I know this isn't directly relevant to the comments about contacting the Guardian, just wanted to clarify that although I said I would write to them, I never did, but don't think it would be wrong to do so.)

However regarding the candle, she didn't mention it in her Guardian beauty column did she? So not sure if contacting them would be out of line as it isn't related to them. But on the other hand, as an example - it's part of my work contract that anything I say on social media can reflect the company I work for so someone could report anything I say to my company, which I guess relates to Sali, the candle and her job at the Guardian. Though I do want to add I can hand on heart say my work wouldn't give a crap about anything I have said on here. Everything we talk about has so much evidence to back up our criticism.

Also it definitely depends how its done. Valid concerns about something where there is evidence, expressed professionally and politely is obviously very different to just sending hate about someone.

I have NO idea if I am making sense I hope I am haha. Quickly writing this on my lunch break.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The ‘in-joke’ between Sam Chapman and Lauren regarding the candle and Sali’s “it’s just a name” shows up the kind of shallow ‘so what’ attitude their ilk is made up of.

Happy to get stuck into any relevant Twitter row regarding odious politicians , dodgy Hollywood producers or journalists they despise but a deceased trendy pweirdo loved by Bella of the Freud clan , it’s not so bad.

I wouldn’t bother complaining to anyone personally , the slogan’s been around for a few years and I doubt little would be achieved.

My tit list has been updated though; Cult Beauty and Real Technique brushes won’t be getting any of my money anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The ‘in-joke’ between Sam Chapman and Lauren regarding the candle and Sali’s “it’s just a name” shows up the kind of shallow ‘so what’ attitude their ilk is made up of.

Happy to get stuck into any relevant Twitter row regarding odious politicians , dodgy Hollywood producers or journalists they despise but a deceased trendy weirdo loved by Bella of the Freud clan , it’s not so bad.

I wouldn’t bother complaining to anyone personally , the slogan’s been around for a few years and I doubt little would be achieved.

My tit list has been updated though; Cult Beauty and Real Technique brushes won’t be getting any of my money anymore.
I personally agree about not complaining - I think the message has filtered through enough, not just from here, but Caroline Hiron's group, British Beauty Blogger plus Sali's own IG amongst others. (Also one of the golden rules of Tattle is 'keep it on Tattle' - so it can't be construed as harassment). Though I like everyone here am disgusted with the inclusion of the wretched candle and Sali's quite flippant comments after it was pointed out.

(Btw @AmberSpyglass I keep meaning to ask how your Dad is? Hope things are getting better for him and you all).

• Heart
I personally agree about not complaining - I think the message has filtered through enough, not just from here, but Caroline Hiron's group, British Beauty Blogger plus Sali's own IG amongst others. (Also one of the golden rules of Tattle is 'keep it on Tattle' - so it can't be construed as harassment). Though I like everyone here am disgusted with the inclusion of the wretched candle and Sali's quite flippant comments after it was pointed out.

(Btw @AmberSpyglass I keep meaning to ask how your Dad is? Hope things are getting better for him and you all).
Hi Jelly, thanks for asking😊. He’s doing really really well , it’s taken a good month or so but he’s up , walking and feels very well .

There was an article I read yesterday that elderly people with Diabetes have a much higher chance of succumbing to the virus, that he beat it is fairly astounding , again thanks for asking , you’re all such a lovely lot here 🥰🥰.

Back to Sali, found this little gem, come on Jane, Sali has already written about it , duh!!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Whatever the new thread title is can it include the amazing phrase "that's just a legal fact"?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Aude came up with the brilliant 'the sell-out who couldn't sell out' which has received the most votes by a mile. But there is still space for a sentence after that - just need to know which one to go with. There have been too many brilliant quotes this time 😂 . We're spoilt for choice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.