Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All that Old Vumman and Redzers stuff is so, so clearly meant with such enormous love and affection. C’mon *does teacher clap hands* focus. Botox, yes?
Maybe but it's still cringey and I stand by what I said about her being the type of person who would stab you in the back as soon as you left the room

I like the part about getting extensions and not giving an eff

Reactions: 1
Looking at Sali's grid and she looks the prettiest - and the youngest - in that almost bare-faced BB promotion. Sometimes I just don't understand makeup 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
So two night time routines in about a week with entirely different products. Fair enough but so much bloody STUFF. I use the same products for months until I use them up. Surely even influencers have to start to show a bit of restraint?

Reactions: 3
I thought so too, but I still have memories of ITB with Caroline Hirons and her stash. I'm amazed these influencers don't break out more or have other skin problems with the frequency they're chopping and changing products, if we're to believe they're actually using them :sneaky:

Reactions: 5
Looking at Sali's grid and she looks the prettiest - and the youngest - in that almost bare-faced BB promotion. Sometimes I just don't understand makeup 🤷‍♀️
I agree. Occasionally - I'm thinking Lisa Eldridge - makeup can be transformative, but most of the time I think it just looks like, well, make-up.

It really does
I was looking at Marian Keyes's IG the other day (because of the discussion here) and there's a picture of her without make-up - with a caption apologising for looking awful because she's ill in bed. I had no idea she had such a lovely face.

I was looking at Marian Keyes's IG the other day (because of the discussion here) and there's a picture of her without make-up - with a caption apologising for looking awful because she's ill in bed. I had no idea she had such a lovely face.
Yes! I saw this too. Exactly what I am talking about. I thought it must have been an older photo until I read the caption

I'm amazed these influencers don't break out more or have other skin problems
CH does - if you watch her videos she's always mentioning her skin problems (itching, peeling, redness, sensitivity), although she always blames it on something else (weather, allergies, menopause). It always amuses me because she's describing an allergic irritation but not calling it that, then burbling on about how she's been using X brand all week, it's amazing, blah blah.

Reactions: 4
CH does - if you watch her videos she's always mentioning her skin problems (itching, peeling, redness, sensitivity), although she always blames it on something else (weather, allergies, menopause). It always amuses me because she's describing an allergic irritation but not calling it that, then burbling on about how she's been using X brand all week, it's amazing, blah blah.
I've seen CH attacking her face with a flannel and omg it is brutal. My face would be red raw after an assault like that.

Reactions: 6
So two night time routines in about a week with entirely different products. Fair enough but so much bloody STUFF. I use the same products for months until I use them up. Surely even influencers have to start to show a bit of restraint?
I do vary my night time products a bit, but my cleanser etc doesn’t change. I’ve noticed Biossance (which I’ve never used) moving heavily into the influencer space lately. The first time I heard of that brand was on the Full Coverage podcast (which I really enjoy actually, but they do NOT declare freebies properly).

She seems to wang on about it purely so that she can get the nice man from Zelens to send her more of those vitamin D drops. I assume she is paid for every mention.

She seems to wang on about it purely so that she can get the nice man from Zelens to send her more of those vitamin D drops. I assume she is paid for every mention.
I tried Zelens after seeing CH praise it to the skies, even though it was more than I could afford, and it upset my skin even more. I stopped following her a while ago after her content and focus seemed to have really changed (as others here have noted in detail) in a way I found supremely irritating.

Reactions: 7
I know, right? Maybe it's your skin telling you PLEASE BE GENTLE. I've definetely been guilty of trying and using too many products in the past - usually ending up with a flare-up of perioral dermatitis.

Over on Instastories, Sali attempts to answer what science has been grappling with for years: the link between not eating for several hours and hunger.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A poor soul from Glamour Magazine reviewed the place recently.

My daily menu consists of two boiled potatoes and a boiled egg for breakfast, a minute piece of trout and more potatoes for lunch and, as predicted by my much-bemused brother, who visited the clinic last year, I’m only allowed bone broth for dinner. The broth, which I grow to dread throughout the day, is essentially a really watered down mug of Bisto gravy.

Before all that you are treated to a first-class ticket of Epsom salts to drink... to Shitsville

• Sick
  • Heart
I went a bit mad the other day and did quite a lot of research into how much it costs to stay there (in case I could somehow afford to spend thousands on shifting a few pounds 😂- I can’t). It’s really weird, they don’t tell you what it costs until you leave. Imagine the stress of it. “Is this boiled potato included in the price? Is THIS one?”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Found this on TripAdvisor (bearing in mind that some of their reviews are to be taken with a pinch of Epsom salt)

The website does not state that you have to visit a doctor every day for 165 euros and buy additional treatments which for me where more than 1500 euros. They threatened to kick me out of the hotel without reimbursement for unused nights , if I don't buy the unnecessary abdominal massages, daily and final consultation with doctors

I'm guessing the top-tier guests and celebrities don't have to worry about this

• Sad
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.