Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And there very well could be a plausible explanation. But I also know narcissists operate from a place of shame so the shame of buying followers could very well have contributed to maelstrom that caused Rage Friday. It’s a step certainly but not a huge leap.

Reactions: 2
@PineappleQueen19 is the shame to do with feeling exposed? I always assumed narcissists find themselves to be almost unshakeable because they’re so grandiose. Is that just a stereotype?

Reactions: 1
@BostonFernGreen Fundamentally they are ashamed of themselves - deep down they know they’re not ‘whole’ - that’s why they are so grandiose (to overcompensate) and also why they play the shame game with others, because they know what buttons to press so well. If you view a narcissist’s actions through the lens of shame it often clicks into place. And yes fear of being exposed also plays a role, it’s why they hate being questioned, even if it comes from a decent place. Because who knows where it could end up.

Reactions: 6
Completely wouldn’t put it past her to buy followers. Her bar has fallen so low you can just step over it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
All seems very smoke and mirrors to me because essentially the aim is to sell product.
Totally! Nappheadedjojoba on youtube mentioned how insta are moving into payments because they've realised they are already providing a free billboard to flog product and want a cut. If that's the case, it will become even clearer that influencers are sellers, rather than your honest friend next door who stops for a chat and happens to mention the amazing cream that she's been using for years...

Reactions: 5
Is v. Interesting as I suspect a lot of number manipulation goes on and influencers just have to get on and do it or be left behind. Raises ethical questions though because more followers probably confers legitimacy which then leads to organic growth and more income. All seems very smoke and mirrors to me because essentially the aim is to sell product. And if posts in the grid are ‘not an ad’ or the influencer paid for it then it’s still advertising in a way as it’s still broadcasting a product to buy. My head is going to explode if I keep thinking about the mental gymnastics required to maintain that an influencer account is not simply a billboard. So what if sometimes they rent out the billboard for free? I mean that’s just like a deal to entice new customers basically. It’s advertising the advertising. And then people (myself included) click like! They add their little heart vote which tells Chanel or Estée Lauder or whoever: here’s a legitimate space to use to manipulate women. Here’s a space with a big reach, we may be able to influence quite a few women to put money from their pay check into our retirement funds!
And then, on top of all that, you have the gall to behave as though you are doing women a favour. That you are their friend, but also perversely a friend to be idolised and praised. It's indeed a bizarro world

Reactions: 10
Quiet here these days isn't it? Tbh I've lost interest in her too. She doesn't really do anything comment worthy.
Anyway I'll make the effort - I wonder what the column will be on tomorrow. No really I do. Oh who am I kidding :sleep: :sleep::sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Quiet here these days isn't it? Tbh I've lost interest in her too. She doesn't really do anything comment worthy.
Anyway I'll make the effort - I wonder what the column will be on tomorrow. No really I do. Oh who am I kidding :sleep: :sleep::sleep:
It’s like she has nothing left to say worth discussing , she’s dull and repetitive.

Reactions: 3
At this point anything goes, q-tips she's obsessed with, mascaras for menopausal women... The intro will be long and autobiographical, the products will be followed by failed attempts at poetic language and so on. And on. And on.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think for me, she so incredibly disingenuous and dishonest. Everything she posts is falsely dressed in "honest" bluster. Her outrage at being questioned initially made me irate, now she feels like the bitchy chief member of a one-hit wonder 1980s band now desperately trying to relive her summer of glory.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I wish something would happen cause I love reading the posts on here.

I'd been uhming and ahing about getting one of the BB eye shadow sticks so tried one in store (prepped and applied by a BB make up artist). As I left the shop I could feel it drying out my eye lids and by the time I got home my eyes were so dry the product flaked off! I get that for probably most other people this won't happen but Sali promised that once on it does not budge.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

I'd been uhming and ahing about getting one of the BB eye shadow sticks so tried one in store (prepped and applied by a BB make up artist). As I left the shop I could feel it drying out my eye lids and by the time I got home my eyes were so dry the product flaked off! I get that for probably most other people this won't happen but Sali promised that once on it does not budge.
20% off BB. They’re all on it what I’ve seen today. Must admit, I’m tempted by the eye cream

Reactions: 1
I’m not sure who posted about the Elf eye shadow stick but thank you for the heads up 👍 It’s only a fiver and is longlasting, easy to apply.....! Thank you 😊

I’m not sure who posted about the Elf eye shadow stick but thank you for the heads up 👍 It’s only a fiver and is longlasting, easy to apply.....! Thank you 😊
It might have been me, I love ‘em and they’re better than the BB ones imo, just need more colours .

Kiko ones are quite good too. Think they are £4 or £5 and there are sometimes decent offers on too

https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-gb/make-up/eyes/eyeshadows/p-KM100406017004A

It’s perfume Sali, perfume!

What the duck is olfactory without me having to look it up?

Utter bilge cometh out of her mouth this Saturday morn.

Reactions: 4
The column!!!! It’s so hard to read with the flowery effin’ language ... and yes it’s definitely quieter here these days because there’s nothing to discuss due to the fact she doesn’t do anything new. Absolutely nothing to see here... move along, move along.

That’s fine in itself, I think a lot of her writing work must have dried up since the Pool’s demise - there were a number of good writers on there that have taken the space she may have inhabited.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.