Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Animalic musks šŸ˜‚

And a Glossier rec!!!!

This week is a clear winner for column of the year and itā€™s only feb. Good on ya Sal.

Sorry for double post but

Anyone here big of character? With a valentine deep of pocket? Iā€™ve got just the perfume for you. Roll up, roll up! Ā£88 from the Valentine at the front. Not you! Him! The valentine deep of pocket! šŸ™„

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I think we all knew Glo$$iā‚¬r would $omā‚¬how make an appā‚¬Arancā‚¬.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think we all knew Glo$$iā‚¬r would $omā‚¬how make an appā‚¬Arancā‚¬.
Specifically trying to hook in her older demographic for them, too. This could be your chance to enter in to the youthful world of Glossier....you old hags!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On the topic of perfume, I ordered the perfume parlour version of Mojave Ghost and oh man I love it. Byredo is overpriced and overhyped IMO but yeah Iā€™ve been smelling my own wrists for a week so there you go šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The Glossier perfume is really nice though. I just don't understand the column. Who's it for? Apart from the fact that Valentine's Day is massively overrated anyway - please never buy your partner a scent without asking them first. But then I guess I'm an olfactory onanist (WTF!?!) anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
most ott perfume description ever:

SCENT OF A DREAM Darlings, I have created a one-of-a-kind ā€˜floral chypre' perfume harmony that IGNITES a mind-altering fleurotic frequency. Featuring a blend of JOY top notes including Lemon, Peach and Black Pepper, ā€˜FLEUROTICā€™ heart notes of Jasmine, Frankincense, Tuberose and Violet, plus MAGIC MOLECULE base notes of Fire Tree, Iso E Super, Patchouli and Ambroxan. It attracts LOVE, LIGHT, POWER, POSITIVITY and SEX to the wearer!

• Haha
most ott perfume description ever:

SCENT OF A DREAM Darlings, I have created a one-of-a-kind ā€˜floral chypre' perfume harmony that IGNITES a mind-altering fleurotic frequency. Featuring a blend of JOY top notes including Lemon, Peach and Black Pepper, ā€˜FLEUROTICā€™ heart notes of Jasmine, Frankincense, Tuberose and Violet, plus MAGIC MOLECULE base notes of Fire Tree, Iso E Super, Patchouli and Ambroxan. It attracts LOVE, LIGHT, POWER, POSITIVITY and SEX to the wearer!
I got a sample of this. It smelled like grannies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Remember the episode of 'Friends' where Joey was trying to make Chandler and Monica look good for the adoption agency, so he used an online thesaurus to write a letter that made absolutely no sense whatsoever?

I think Sali's used that same thesaurus for today's column.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Remember the episode of 'Friends' where Joey was trying to make Chandler and Monica look good for the adoption agency, so he used an online thesaurus to write a letter that made absolutely no sense whatsoever?

I think Sali's used that same thesaurus for today's column.
spot on. Suzie Dent she is not.

Actually find it hard to believe anyone is paid for such cack. I reckon the beauty editor in any local newspaper would do a better job at a ā€˜columnā€™

• Haha
I still maintain sheā€™s at Viva Mayr Aultausee having ā€œan absolute nervoā€ from starvation.

Onanists have rosy cheeks and that lit from withing glow without spending a dime on makeup! Why buy the Nars blush Orgasm when you can jerk off and get the look for free and an actual orgasm?!

It attracts LOVE, LIGHT, POWER, POSITIVITY and SEX to the wearer!
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sali, ever the social leveller, gives the unwashed proles a perfume-as-clothing trope to aspire to

[...] a gentle, casual, deceptively mucky modern musk: think cashmere tracksuit in scent form.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have been reading since that day last year and l wanted to point out in a nutshell what bothers me about Sali Hughes.
This type of claim - ā€˜retinol for wrinklesā€™ when actually we know that SH uses more than just retinol for wrinkles such as Botox and other ā€˜tweakmentsā€™

The pursuit of perfection is very lucrative. I listened to a podcast with a women talking about how it got to the stage she was spending the equivalent of a mortgage payment on Botox/ fillers/ hair extensions etc a month and then she realised this and stopped the endless quest for self improvement and perfection and started to accept the way she was a little more. I think itā€™s absolutely fine if you want to spend money on these treatments (l absolutely do not judge people for that, we are all free to spend our money as we please ) but please SH donā€™t pretend itā€™s just ā€˜retinol for wrinklesā€™ to achieve the flawless line free skin that you have. Please start telling the FULL story rather than just pushing endless products.
D9B0D9D2-7194-4BB1-8DEE-9C403A4C5C39.jpeg

Reactions: 15
Well said @notbuyingit.

Makes you think: I wonder how (and how frequently) she would talk about Botox, lasers and similar treatments if she could generate income from it the same way she does from products.

Reactions: 10
Blimey that column is verbose. Followers on IG are always telling her how much they love her perfume descriptions so bloody hell she has taken that and ran with it. 'Musk is a nightcrawler'? And if my OH hates a perfume I wore not sure I'd bother to mention it to tbh. Hardly a ringing endorsement. That is about as critical as she gets - 'my husband doesn't like it'.

I'm absolutely bleeping furious. Last night I was going through a box of precious keep sakes and found a bottle of my gran' s perfume. I love it so much and thought it was an ancient relic that would have been discontinued years ago. I looked it up and it's still available and really cheap. It's Jovan Musk Oil. Recommended by Sali today. I'm so pissed off. I felt like I'd struck sentimental gold.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
She is rubbish at describing scents. Musc Ravageur apparently smells like a vanilla coke float but is also bold and grubby?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.