Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh okay - I think the make up looked ok until the lipgloss went on - it was too harsh.. also it looked better with her hair up.

Thanks @melfish for the link

Reactions: 1
Not sure in what way it's like Taylor's makeup either. I don't blame SH for being disappointed (if she was). Compare with LE's version - you don't need to read the caption to know who inspired it unlike Tilbury's.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Have a look at Marian Keyes Instagram grid from about a week ago. She can't praise Hershesons enough for her hair extensions. Her and Sali were matey at one stage if I remember correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sali do an 'In the bathroom' with her?
Now maybe I'm being a bit of a witch here because I'll be honest and admit that she's someone I really don't like. I always thought she came across as incredibly false and her stupid 'Oirish' isms really annoyed me (I have Irish family and friends and none of them speak like leprechauns!)
Then my suspicions were confirmed. In another life. I used to be cabin crew, had her on a flight and she was a complete bloody Primadonna. I felt really sorry for her poor husband (aka 'Himself' :rolleyes:) because it was very obvious who wears the trousers there.

• Haha
  • Wow
What was she like on the flight @DCICassieStuart ? I’ve seen her speak live and she was nice but unfollowed her because the Strictly Come Dancing ‘agins’ and ‘afors’ and ‘fabalisses’ got on my nerves for no good reason.

Have a look at Marian Keyes Instagram grid from about a week ago. She can't praise Hershesons enough for her hair extensions. Her and Sali were matey at one stage if I remember correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sali do an 'In the bathroom' with her?
Sali invited Marian to one of her beauty get togethers (MK was previously a beauty editor for a magazine) I think about the time that MK was recovering from her bad depression so MK was swooning about how wonderful SH was. MK sent SH a pair of expensive shoes after one of her books was published but not sure how 'close' they would be now. She definitely overplays the stupid 'Oirish' isms, I used to receive her newsletter but had to unsubscribe as she couldn't write a paragraph without putting a few in.

They're still close, MK was at her wedding
I also can't stand MK, she's just so false. She seems likes the type of person that would be as nice as pie to someone and then be horrible about them the moment they left the room.

The twee Oirishisms also drive me crazy

Last edited:
A blue tick seems to be main criteria for friendship, never mind if the person is unpleasant. It's social-climbing, 21st century style

Reactions: 4
In that video, it looks like she’s had 3 areas of Botox: eyes, forehead and glabella. Nothing moves.

If someone were to do my makeup, I’d respond to seeing the results of their work in the mirror by raising my eyebrows to look at the eye makeup, and smiling which would crinkle my eyes. She doesn’t do that. It doesn’t look as if she’s able to.

The CT Liz Taylor makeup seems more 80s than anything. Wondering if she got Liz Taylor circa 1960 mixed up with Joan Collins 1980, like in Friends when Phoebe thinks Monica wants a Dudley vs Demi Moore haircut 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm sure SH was delighted to cosy up to an author as successful as MK. Hint..hint..book deal

Disagree with Sali’s contention that effective skincare isn’t linked to age (todays Guardian column). Hormones do weird things to skin that are linked to age/stage & all over 50s are keen to understand how to minimise wrinkles. Though obvs Sali won’t mention Botox. Glad comments are back (though pre-modded to stay ‘on topic’ aka no criticism or alternative points of view allowed 🙄).

Reactions: 7
I found it confusing as well. And the cheapest product is still £31 for 50ml, but contains mineral oil?! Someone is making bank.

Surely there is a rose-tinted highlighter or liquid blush you can add a few drops of to your face cream of choice. I have the Sleek bronzer version of this, it’s great. That’s a much better way to spend your money and the sort of trick/workaround I expect to see from beauty columnists, not overpriced creams.

On comments - I can see the disclaimer but not any comments. Maybe the disclaimer has been included in error? Or maybe there’s no comments because everyone’s bored to tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.