Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Mary Greenwell did her wedding day make up and Sam McKnight did her hair? I remember photos etc on her insta at the time. LE is an ‘internationally acclaimed make up artist’ and then some - definitely a different league 🤣! That must really grate 😎...
That was her second wedding. There was a celebrity makeup artist who did her makeup for her first wedding who is referenced in Pretty Honest

Reactions: 1
That was her second wedding. There was a celebrity makeup artist who did her makeup for her first wedding who is referenced in Pretty Honest
Aah, I see. Out of all the photos on her insta, I think the Chanel one is the nicest - I really hated the Liz Taylor stylee that Charlotte Tilbury (I think) did for her - made her look really old and hard I thought, not glam at all 😳.

Reactions: 3
Aah, I see. Out of all the photos on her insta, I think the Chanel one is the nicest - I really hated the Liz Taylor stylee that Charlotte Tilbury (I think) did for her - made her look really old and hard I thought, not glam at all 😳.
That was awful! She really hated it too, you could tell

If you listen to Dawn O’Porters So Lucky podcast with Matt Haig, about 22 mins in she talks about the twitter bullying without mentioning names, but clearly it’s Sali and the coven.

21.45 mins in

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
If you listen to Dawn O’Porters So Lucky podcast with Matt Haig, about 22 mins in she talks about the twitter bullying without mentioning names, but clearly it’s Sali and the coven.

21.45 mins in
Particularly Julia Raeside one of SH's bezzies
Google her Guardian tv review of Dawn's show and her comments in comments section 🙄

Particularly Julia Raeside one of SH's bezzies
Google her Guardian tv review of Dawn's show and her comments in comments section 🙄
ugh, she just adopted a Katie Hopkins style approach to her ‘reviews’. Be as vile as possible, no publicity is bad publicity. The comments sections aren’t kind to her though (Raeside I mean).

No idea if she is adopting a different style these days, I just avoid her.

• Angry
ugh, she just adopted a Katie Hopkins style approach to her ‘reviews’. Be as vile as possible, no publicity is bad publicity. The comments sections aren’t kind to her though (Raeside I mean).

No idea if she is adopting a different style these days, I just avoid her.
I think she gave up on trying to Victor Lewis Smith!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Anyone notice that Erica Davies has done some stories on skincare, and recommended the best people to follow - but didn't mention SH? I like Erica, I think she lives in another world when it comes to money, but I do like her content.

Reactions: 6
SH is being very quiet about Madonna. I guess the backstage invite didn't materialise 😞

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The thing about Erica Davies content is it’s clear she works hard on it and it’s actually targeted and relevant to her readers. Not just ‘here’s a gifted lipstick on me again’ but ‘here’s what I’m liking, here’s how you could style it with things you already have and here’s some ideas of where to buy it if not’. It’s magazine style content that I no longer can get from magazines! She makes it about the reader rather than about her.

On LE - maybe Sali wasn’t sent samples?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I'd never heard of Erica Davies but just looked her up and like her IG. SH is so dull - close up of face. Er that's it. I know she would say she is beauty not lifestyle but a decent influencer has to be a bit inspirational don't they?

Reactions: 2
I'd never heard of Erica Davies but just looked her up and like her IG. SH is so dull - close up of face. Er that's it. I know she would say she is beauty not lifestyle but a decent influencer has to be a bit inspirational don't they?
I just started following her too. I am always on the lookout for women closer to my age and relatable. Suggestions, anyone?

I really rate ED too. Like you say, it's like a magazine, a living magazine hosted by a woman who is beautiful and stylish and also relatable.

Reactions: 8
The thing about Erica Davies content is it’s clear she works hard on it and it’s actually targeted and relevant to her readers. Not just ‘here’s a gifted lipstick on me again’ but ‘here’s what I’m liking, here’s how you could style it with things you already have and here’s some ideas of where to buy it if not’. It’s magazine style content that I no longer can get from magazines! She makes it about the reader rather than about her.

On LE - maybe Sali wasn’t sent samples?
That’s it re Erica!! She does think about it and There’s always a reason for it and context.

Also that might be true for the LE lipsticks but she could have coughed up for them ...

• Haha
Also that might be true for the LE lipsticks but she could have coughed up for them ..
LE didn't pay influencers to plug her lipsticks - she has a zillion followers and they were produced in limited editions so that LE could keep total control.
The silence on social media was deafening for a while, and that was when the penny dropped for me that ALL of the stuff influencers show is being paid for, whether directly or indirectly or even just free product.
Since then, a few influencers have reviewed them but it seems to be in response to follower requests where the influencer has managed to buy them.
I'm sure LE would snort with laughter, if she ever had the time to look at SH's attempts, but I imagine she's busier being a real make up artist.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.