Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can she go into detail about her colour matching talents? Shes always told everyone white to go for yellow toned foundation, but now at a certain age we need rose toned?

Reactions: 6
What was she like on the flight @DCICassieStuart ? I’ve seen her speak live and she was nice but unfollowed her because the Strictly Come Dancing ‘agins’ and ‘afors’ and ‘fabalisses’ got on my nerves for no good reason.
She was very demanding towards her husband (making him get up every few minutes because she 'needed' something from her luggage) and very loud in general. She was really making sure that everybody knew she was there and really wanted the whole flight to know that there was a 'famous author' in their midst. Very much a drama queen. Most people weren't reacting to her (I think a lot of people generally didn't have a clue who she was to be honest) and at one stage she reached over to the lady across the aisle and screeched at her "Oh your shoes! They.are.fabliss. FABLISS!" The poor lady in question just smiled nervously and put her headphones in.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I remember SH wrote an article for the pool about how most people aren't just good or bad and are somewhere in between. The line at the end said something like "except Marian Keyes, who is all goodness". If MK was a nobody and not a millionaire author, SH wouldn't give her the time of day

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Wasn't MK absolutely foul about the young dancer AJ on Strictly ITT when it was his first season? I'll need to look up details but she said something like he was creepy and made her feel ill. Not sure she has been invited back since. Her 'old vumman' for her mother in tweets is cringe. Having said that I did like her books, especially Rachel's Holiday.
Re the column I think only someone mid forties or younger can cheerily say older skin is not different. It just is. I don't personally think a perky rosy glow is the answer - a lot of us produced our own rosy bloody glow effortlessly. And all stupidly expensive anyway. Always the assumption because you are older you have more money for moisturisers etc. As lots of us know that is 'hogwash'.
I've never though CT was much good as a MUA. I watched a few of her videos and was always completely underwhelmed. Too heavy handed. The SH Liz Taylor one case in point - far too much like a caricature LT without actually looking anything like her. Now THAT is a skill.

Wasn't MK absolutely foul about the young dancer AJ on Strictly ITT when it was his first season? I'll need to look up details but she said something like he was creepy and made her feel ill. Not sure she has been invited back since. Her 'old vumman' for her mother in tweets is cringe. Having said that I did like her books, especially Rachel's Holiday.
Yes, you're right. She was. I remember that. I think a lot of people realised just how false she really is after that. I always thought she was just too 'sickly sweet' to be true. Agree on the 'old vumman' thing too, that and constantly referring to her nephews as 'The Redsers' (because of their hair colour :rolleyes:)

• Sick
Reactions: 3
The old vumman thing is cringe and disrespectful. I remember watching one of her YouTube updates and she was mimicking her mothers accent. So disrespectful, I never watched any updates after that. And doesn't she call her neighbour Posh Kate or something like that. Cringe. Loved her earlier books but the recent ones are garbage, unsure if that's because they're actually bad or I've just outgrown her

The comments disclaimer must be an error- there doesn't seem to be anywhere to leave a comment

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think it’s also probably worth noting that this is the second time in three months that the column is 100% recommendations for products from L’Oreal owned companies.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Is all of this about here?
Can't be as I can't recall when anyone on a daily basis says she doesn't pay for her clothes or holidays. On a daily basis we say she doesn't declare #ads #sponsorship transparently but she doesn't mention that so no, it can't be here.
Is she really moaning about having to actually do what she should and declare #ads #gifts etc?

Reactions: 5
Is she actually admitting if it wasn't for here she wouldn't be transparent as nobody else seems to bother? If we are all so deranged and mental here why does she even care what we think?

• Heart
  • Wow
Long time lurker (well since I came here after watching her Instagram melt down), first time poster here. I just can’t take her any more. Has she always been this bad? I used to quite like her (or I was just not tuned into her ways back then), I hate to admit it I’ve even got her books 🙈. Her guardian column now drives me insane. It is complete and utter shite. First cream mentioned today £39 for 60ml, which is apparently twice the normal amount. And yet the next two are both 50ml. Even if maths is not your strong point you know 2x50 is not 60.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought face creams were for cosseting only, I didn’t know I could get a rosy glow too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.