Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very interesting Woman's Hour podcast here (they discuss the awful Goop) as well as the placebo effect in skincare i.e. you believe the £50 cream works better than the £5. It featured Dr Anjali Mahto (actual dermatologist) and Anne-Marie Lodge aka reallyree - haven't seen any of her content before, but she was pulled up on some of the daft things she was saying, forgetting her audience wasn't a load of instahuns.

Reactions: 5
I do enjoy that she has to segue into mentioning us now. Clearly everyone is bored of her prattling on about her “bullies” at every opportunity, even her minions on twitter won’t take the bait let alone the blue tickers, they were bored after three days.

Is Lauren still keeping spreadsheets of potentially revealing details we say here and cross referencing to other platforms? Is she still printing off all the forum pages? (Think of the poor trees Lauren, tsk tsk). Still hating on FoD despite the fact it’s this website that revealed their unethical practices? So many questions...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Saint Sali of do what I say, not what I do.

It's funny, I know a few high up business types. There is one in particular who reminds me of her. Any whiff of gravitas in a person and he's right in there. Walks about with an air of superiority, which I guess comes from being at the top of your field. He's an annoying twit though!

Reactions: 3
The brains trust that decided to sell menopause to women came to this conclusion based on... something
Quite. Menopause has gone from something shameful and not to be discussed to something that can be marketed. It's cynical bullshit.
Also, SH starts the columns by saying all women from 18 to 80 can use the same skincare, then two pars later is applauding companies for focusing on the mature and menopausal. Huh?

Good. Glad the Guardian is still outsourcing the comments to us.
:ROFLMAO:

Quite. Menopause has gone from something shameful and not to be discussed to something that can be marketed. It's cynical bullshit.
Also, SH starts the columns by saying all women from 18 to 80 can use the same skincare, then two pars later is applauding companies for focusing on the mature and menopausal. Huh?

:ROFLMAO:
And what 18 year old needs to use a retinol!

Reactions: 7
I suspect the "holidays" was our questioning the writer's lodge / diet camp

Reactions: 2
Can't be as I can't recall when anyone on a daily basis says she doesn't pay for her clothes or holidays. On a daily basis we say she doesn't declare #ads #sponsorship transparently but she doesn't mention that so no, it can't be here.
Is she really moaning about having to actually do what she should and declare #ads #gifts etc?
also, she doesn’t read here so can’t be. Her integrity? She checked that in at the cloakroom a LONG time ago and lost the ticket (E.g. #presstreatment hair do, I mean FFS)

and yes, seems the whining is that she has to declare anything. That old entitlement chestnut.

Reactions: 3
Is all of this about here?
I can't think of any other beauty influencers who have written books with 'honest' in the title, but we would critique them at the same high standard that they set themselves by. E.g Jeffee Star acts like a witch, but says he's a witch, and I enjoy listening to his bitching as a guilty pleasure, John Maclean acts like a charming snob and kinda admits it and I adore it. When SH claimed her writing was pretty honest, I respected it until it couldn't keep up with the pace of dermatology knowledge, sly botox and influencer humblebragging...

Good. Glad the Guardian is still outsourcing the comments to us.
Facts are sacred, but comment is freeeeeeeee

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Whatever it is in her life she’s angry about, it seems it’s easier and more convenient to direct the rage our way rather than deal with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
and yes, seems the whining is that she has to declare anything. That old entitlement chestnut.
AND she's trying to spin it to prove her unique integrity, but is actually just shitting on her influencer colleagues

Reactions: 7
Whatever it is in her life she’s angry about, it seems it’s easier and more convenient to direct the rage our way rather than deal with it.
Yes, here seems to be a lightning rod for whatever underlying anger issues she has. Otherwise, why not just ignore it?

Reactions: 4
Otherwise, why not just ignore it?
Thousands of likes, followers gushing over her selfies, thanking her for responding to a question like she gave them bone marrow, but a dozen of jealous loons is what she focuses on?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thousands of likes, followers gushing over her selfies, thanking her for responding to a question like she gave them bone marrow, but a dozen of jealous loons is what she focuses on?
It's bizarre. And she won't let it go

SH is really letting the graun down. Can we get either an actual derm, or someone who can bring some joy into it...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.