Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember years and years ago someone posted on the forum about red lipstick. She said it didn't suit her and her husband also agreed it didn't suit her but she wanted to persist because of SH's insistence that there's a red lipstick for everyone. How many people of the years have probably persisted and bought stuff that didn't suit them or they didn't feel comfortable in because of the crap SH peddled?

It's a bit like those makeover shows where all individuality is stamped out of people and they emerge looking uncomfortable or nothing like themselves. Instead of being "sad" that some women couldn't be bothered with lipstick, just realise that most people know what suits them and what they like, and more importantly, what they are comfortable with

Reactions: 9
To be fair, most husbands would say red lipstick didn’t suit their wives, which is why we pay them no heed and only ask other women.

(It looks tit on me though.)

Reactions: 7
How many people of the years have probably persisted and bought stuff that didn't suit them or they didn't feel comfortable in because of the crap SH peddled?
Yes!

Twenty-odd years experience with make up and skincare gives her a wealth of experience, but for you, non-blue ticker, the same twenty-odd years of experience means you've been doing it wrong, with the wrong products - bless your pitiful efforts - but let me tell you about what I call Fisher Price make up...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Red lipstick looks good on me if I stand 15 feet from a mirror and squint

• Haha
Reactions: 5
See, I think it’s ok to have strong views that others don’t agree on and write about them, if only to start a conversation or play devil’s advocate. But that’s exactly why I thought the pile-on to Esther Coren for her article was so uncalled for.

Reactions: 6
It's just not that practical
I agree, it’s the practicality of it all. I think there probably is something across the broader red spectrum to suit everyone (if we include reddy-browns and coral-ey reds and what not), but it’s so bloody high maintenance. Check your teeth, reapply all the time, forget eating or slurping at a cup of coffee. Don’t kiss anyone, don’t rub your mouth. Because if you even think about any of those things, it smudges. And it’s a bold colour. Despite being obnoxiously loud, I hate drawing attention to myself. And red does that, on me.

Reactions: 6
Red lipstick suits me but my lips always get dry and it looks tit
You need the PS range from Primark. £1-1.50 and bloody brilliant, though I'm sure Her Highness, oops I mean Sali, is reading this and thinking "Peasant" 😂
Seriously though, I used MAC's 'Ruby Woo' and just couldn't understand the hype. It dried my lips out so badly. On another note entirely 'Russian Red' looks much better on me. Ruby Woo is definitely more of a pinky red and pink lipstick does me no favours.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the tip @DCICassieStuart ... will get to Primark pronto. I’m also a fan of Lady Danger over Ruby Woo

Also love Nicola whatsername from Spooks, The Split and Last Tango in Halifax

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I do like red lipstick and wear it at every opportunity 😁.

It's not compulsory though - if it doesn't suit you, you don't want to wear it or simply aren't bothered either way that is also fine!

According to some gurus red lippy is only appropriate at certain ages but such beauty "rules" are daft, imo. Wear what you want.

I would say Brick from the Primark range is probably the closest shade to Lady Danger.
Lady Danger is possibly my favourite red. I love an orangey red, not so keen on the blue/pinky ones though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I do like red lipstick and wear it at every opportunity 😁.

It's not compulsory though - if it doesn't suit you, you don't want to wear it or simply aren't bothered either way that is also fine!

According to some gurus red lippy is only appropriate at certain ages but such beauty "rules" are daft, imo. Wear what you want.
This. I don't care if it's age-appropriate to wear lipgloss or whether I look "less polished" without red lipstick. Ffs do as you please.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.