Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fisher Price is mentioned here also:
Her lipstick > lipgloss hierarchy can duck right off. Have a preference all you like but the “girls wear gloss, women wear lipstick” snobbery can do one. So weirdly judgemental. Is it not enough to profess your love of lipstick? Like having a strong opinion just for the sake of nursing it like an old grudge.

Also I think possibly my favourite Sali bingo phrase is when something is “a doddle”. Item x is such a doddle to apply even YOUR inept fingertips could manage 😑

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
"I feel sad that so many women tell me they can't wear lipstick"

Of course SH interprets that not as they can't be bothered to wear lipstick, but - as a superior and all knowing makeup artist - that they have no idea how to apply it (does it go on my feet, Sali? No?).

Her lipstick > lipgloss hierarchy can duck right off. Have a preference all you like but the “girls wear gloss, women wear lipstick” snobbery can do one. So weirdly judgemental. Is it not enough to profess your love of lipstick? Like having a strong opinion just for the sake of nursing it like an old grudge
It's also stupid because the Clinique Black Honey was a transparent glossy stick. Er, that's why it was called 'Almost Lipstick'...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Good old Sali and her 'women supporting women' vibe she likes to think she has going on.

Unless of course, you don't wear lipstick after the age of 21, you have the audacity to wish her a happy birthday and suggest a film she has (of course) already seen (probably before it was even made), or you have inept fingertips.:rolleyes:

Edited to spell her name correctly (damn inept spellcheck)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her lipstick > lipgloss hierarchy can duck right off. Have a preference all you like but the “girls wear gloss, women wear lipstick” snobbery can do one. So weirdly judgemental. Is it not enough to profess your love of lipstick? Like having a strong opinion just for the sake of nursing it like an old grudge.
Maybe my gloss preference is why I'm still being asked to provide proof of age for booze or lottery tickets? Awful, inverted snob. It's like some kind of 'I'm the best woman, me' nonsense.

Reactions: 6
So "Makeup can be fun, creative blah, blah, blah" unless it's lip gloss vs. lipstick, that is serious tit. Tells you so much about someone as a person, equals to 10 sessions with an experienced analyst.
Any other North Korean beauty tips other than mandatory lipstick?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I fell for that tit, about lipstick. Multiple tubes later I haven't found one that hasn't been drying and felt comfortable. On the other hand, Fenty Beauty gloss bomb is the best lip gloss and can use instead of lipbalm.

Reactions: 5
I fell for that tit, about lipstick. Multiple tubes later I haven't found one that hasn't been drying and felt comfortable. On the other hand, Fenty Beauty gloss bomb is the best lip gloss and can use instead of lipbalm.
I just can't with those foam brushes. it's like fingernails down a blackboard to me

Reactions: 1
I feel sad about many things in the world, but women not wearing lipstick isn't one of them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s a ludicrous dichotomy.

“Lip gloss is for beginners”
“I associate glosses with teenagers who've yet to cut their teeth on proper lipstick”

Imagine that logic applied elsewhere. “Boys ride bicycles. Grown up men ride motorbikes!” It makes zero sense.

• Haha
It’s also completely invalid these days. With the rise of insta makeup, teenager are going right to lipstick. Usually matte ones like the liquid lipsticks from nyx.
The teens I see (this is a sweeeeeping generalisation based on my peers kids) are done up in that full kardashian/drag contour face. That usually comes with a lined lip and lipstick.

Reactions: 10
It’s also completely invalid these days. With the rise of insta makeup, teenager are going right to lipstick. Usually matte ones like the liquid lipsticks from nyx.
The teens I see (this is a sweeeeeping generalisation based on my peers kids) are done up in that full kardashian/drag contour face. That usually comes with a lined lip and lipstick.
This is what I see as well, and know from my own experience.

By and large, when you're a teenager, that is when you have all the time, self-obsession and beautiful plump skin to be faffing about with continual lipstick application and reapplication and touch ups (as well as all sorts of other extreme/alternative/experimental make up looks).

When you're an adult, you're far less likely to choose to devote all that time and energy into maintaining perfect lipstick, so you choose something different.

But really, why mention age at all? Why do women and girls need to be pitted against each other, as if we're on opposing sides? It's the 'mean girls' thing again - create imaginary social divides to then position yourself as superior.

It's also not very inclusive, to assume that only girls and women use makeup.

• Heart
That meme with the sweaty guy trying to decide which red button to press: one says, stop overanalysing, it's just a beauty piece. The other says: serious journalist

• Haha
There is really no point being jealous of younger women or pitting oneself against them. Everyone was young once and everyone gets older

• Heart
I just thought it was about preference, convenience, something banal like that. Actually, that's a lie, because I hadn't thought about it at all.
For the record, I don't own a lip gloss (unlike you, I'm a grown woman ), I prefer lipstick - sheer, balmy, full on, depends on what I'm doing, the state of my lips and so many other things that have nothing to do with teenager/adult rubbish. It's just another one of her repetitive crapola she thinks sounds clever, like Fisher Price make up. Or nan anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.