Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who knew that fingertips could be inept?
Ours are, of course...her readers. This is how she works: SHE is the professional and SHE knows everything, and even if you are older than SH and have been applying make up longer than her, you are still inept.

It's the queen bee school bully...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
My god that tweet. Would it kill her just to say something like "Thanks, already seen it though :)"

If a blue ticker said it she'd be all over them like a bad case of shingles.

Reactions: 10
Her sniping nature is strong in this one!
Wow. Accompanied by a massive eyeroll, I am sure. She really despises the comments of regular people when they even hint at offering advice

This Guardian beauty column is a scandal, someone needs to really do something about it.
:ROFLMAO: ⚰

There were three reasons to type a friendly "thanks" if you were replying to that tweet. But instead she took it as an affront. Unreal

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think something like ‘ooh yes, love that one’ is friendlier but I guess I’m wearing my female social expectations goggles and so maybe should be thinking good for her vs #bekind.

Reactions: 2
I think something like ‘ooh yes, love that one’ is friendlier but I guess I’m wearing my female social expectations goggles and so maybe should be thinking good for her vs #bekind.
No, it's just common courtesy. Remember, SH is the one constantly declaring "Manners are everything" ...

Reactions: 6
Ahaha and imagine if anyone but Nigella (I do love her) suggested The Man with Two Brains might not be *all* that.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ahaha and imagine if anyone but Nigella (I do love her) suggested The Man with Two Brains might not be *all* that.
Sali will be beside herself at Nigella tweeting her, she has tried so desperately to get N to notice her in the past, embarrassingly so.

• Haha
There is something about Nigella that is effortlessly elegant and stylish. She never gets involved in internet spats or nonsense or nastiness. Such a classy woman. And Helena Bonham Carter.

Ours are, of course...her readers. This is how she works: SHE is the professional and SHE knows everything, and even if you are older than SH and have been applying make up longer than her, you are still inept.

It's the queen bee school bully...
I'd love to type a longer reply but its hard with my inept fingertips

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There is something about Nigella that is effortlessly elegant and stylish. She never gets involved in internet spats or nonsense or nastiness. Such a classy woman. And Helena Bonham Carter.
completely. Nigella and Lisa Eldridge both have that vibe. It just comes naturally to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The inept fingertips reminded me of when she wrote a column on "Fisher Price starter makeup
Dear god...I'd never seen this column before. She gets paid for writing this patronising tit?

I mean, is there actually a grown woman out there who can read and has never heard of make up? Who struggles with knowing what a lipstick is for? Who thinks eye shadow is there to be eaten?

And would there be any other part of a newspaper where such a patronising tone would be acceptable? 'One of the pleasures of writing this car column is when readers come up and tell me how they would never have recognised a car without my help, so here is a list of my favourite cars that shouldn't be intimidating, and you don't even need a licence - I call it my fisher price car list...' WTF. Why is this acceptable for women?

Aiming for the Pulitzer with your journalism there, SH...

It reminds me of the entire tone of Pretty Honest. Yep, read it when it came out, but its sheer stupidity and infantilism infuriated me.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I’ve been out today with my son and not checked in all day and I am spitting my tea out at the last couple of pages worth of comments.

Maybe we could all practice doing our make up with our Girl’s World creepy decapitated heads...? Inept fingers need the practice.

I’ve got to say that the Fisher Price Colin wasn’t as word salady as recent ones. I had to re-read the first paragraph* so many times to understand what she was saying.

*First paragraph of this weeks column

Last edited:
  • Haha
The inept fingertips reminded me of when she wrote a column on "Fisher Price starter makeup":
"An idiot-proof blusher"

And would there be any other part of a newspaper where such a patronising tone would be acceptable? 'One of the pleasures of writing this car column is when readers come up and tell me how they would never have recognised a car without my help, so here is a list of my favourite cars that shouldn't be intimidating, and you don't even need a licence - I call it my fisher price car list...' WTF. Why is this acceptable for women?
Good point. Imagine a cooking column written this condescendingly

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.