Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is the queen of overstatement. She hasnā€™t just written for those titles, sheā€™s written extensively for them.

Journalists really do not chuck adverbs around like confetti in that way.

Reactions: 5
Wow that's a lot of words in that bio hiding the fact that all she's done is beauty columns. She really doesn't like that beauty is what she's known for.

I've never seen anything she's written about films, has anyone else?

Reactions: 7
I've never seen anything she's written about films, has anyone else?
No but itā€™s her one true, great passion :rolleyes:

Must be a bit of fake it til you make it? Obviously angling to be commissioned for film writing but no oneā€™s interested. And the best Shakespeare film is Clueless, donā€™t suggest otherwise because that is FACT according to Sali the film journalist :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wonder if she entered her queen book. What tf qualifications has she got to judge a literary prize?

So have you guys heard the news? Sali must have a direct line to the Pope, cos he's just told us all to give up trolling for Lent šŸ˜‚

Good job I'm not Catholic

• Haha

Must be a bit of fake it til you make it? Obviously angling to be commissioned for film writing but no oneā€™s interested. And the best Shakespeare film is Clueless, donā€™t suggest otherwise because that is FACT according to Sali the film journalist :rolleyes:
Sorry that should be Austin not Shakespeare šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

10 Things I Hate About You is obviously the best Shakespeare film šŸ˜‚

• Haha

I have, there was an article in Empire about how she judged one of her friends boyfriends for his favourite film (can't remember what it was). She also said that if men list Apocalpyse Now as their favourite film that means they're damaged

Edit to add: Mrs Doubtfire was the film

Found it!

Attachments

Last edited:
Apocalpyse Now as their favourite film that means they're damaged
:rolleyes: I'm sure they also prefer lip gloss.

If I were to generalise about men who listed Apocalypse Now as their favourite film, I'd say they're not completely honest about their favourite film.
Unless you say that you love snuff films, I don't put that much emphasis on your viewing choices, since I'm no longer in high school (wearing lipstick as proof).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It is mind boggling to me that someone can vomit a few hundred meandering, woolly words on when, in their very personal opinion, itā€™s ok to judge someone for their film preferences... telling a lot of personal anecdotes along the way... and think it even comes close to journalism? Surely not?

Iā€™m not saying you need to go and report on Ebola from the depths of Liberia to claim journalism credentials but there are very basic different types of writing and she is not a journalist by any stretch.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It's not about intellectual snobbery my arse.
I happen to quite like Mrs Doubtfire and I watched it a million times when I was younger.
Nothing to do with my sexual awakenings to Matthew Lawrence.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have, there was an article in Empire about how she judged one of her friends boyfriends for his favourite film (can't remember what it was). She also said that if men list Apocalpyse Now as their favourite film that means they're damaged

Edit to add: Mrs Doubtfire was the film

Found it!
Omfg....so that's the result when a beauty writer tackles films. The judgement and superiority just shine through. The films...not so much. I can see why her contribution was shortlived.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
One of her ā€œbestiesā€ is Terri White , top dog at Empire Mag, did Terri get Sali the film review gig even though sheā€™s not fit to sit next to Mark Kermodeā€™s cinema pass?

Reactions: 6
It's not about intellectual snobbery but here are some film picks to show how well rounded my tastes are... and hilariously referring to Wayne's World and The Jerk as "puerile"- I mean, they're not exactly Rob Schneider films or Sausage Party! And I can't imagine any film buff sneering over Boogie Nights, for example. Paul Thomas Anderson is an acclaimed director. Her "I'm not a film snob, look at my wildcard choices" are still very carefully thought out

Reactions: 2
As it was prophesied, her dullness will be the end of us! šŸ¤­

A gif from Apocalypse Now for the damaged.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Guys, guys, guys...be reasonable, Saliā€™s just signalling that she is now DoPā€™s dearest old friend through the medium of re-tweeting. Remember they BOTH said sorry. So touching.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.