Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A bit lost as to why soap is a column . I genuinely thought everyone used a bar of soap?
also what’s wrong with dove? Genuine question... I’ve been using dove for eleventy billion years.
am i doing something wrong? 🙄
The main ingredient in a Dove bar is sodium lauroyl isethionate which is a detergent, not a soap. Further down the ingredients list are sodium palmitate/kernelate, which are actual soaps. Overall, a Dove bar is very far from a proper gentle soap such as: https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-glycerine-pure-soap/081684-41547-41548

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I asked my Irish SIL about it and she said that the Bourjois stand in her local Boots was pretty empty looking so it may be leaving Ireland too. Not 100% sure though.
UK and Ireland are very similar markets so that would make sense but it'll still be available in France and other parts of Europe, not gone completely.

Reactions: 1
Out of interest, did everyone from the SHB forum go to GTL or is it a whole different group of people? I logged into SHB for the first time in years a few months ago and it was dead. I stopped posting there just before the incident with the weird bloke.
I'm not on Facebook so in my case: no.

Out of interest, did everyone from the SHB forum go to GTL or is it a whole different group of people? I logged into SHB for the first time in years a few months ago and it was dead. I stopped posting there just before the incident with the weird bloke.
I was booted out on That Friday but apart from Feebee, I only recognised one poster from gtl of old (I wasn't on SHB).
Are you able to say what happened on the forum with the odd bloke and the admins?

I was booted out on That Friday but apart from Feebee, I only recognised one poster from gtl of old (I wasn't on SHB).
Are you able to say what happened on the forum with the odd bloke and the admins?
I’d stopped posting by then so I was only on the very outskirts, but my understanding is that a man joined the forum under the guise of getting skincare and makeup advice and at first he seemed ok. He then started messaging individual members in an increasingly creepy way; some affected members reported it but the admins took a very hands-off approach. It was only when it became entirely obvious he was a full-blown creep that they took any action, and that obviously eroded the trust in the forum and (I assume) started the death of it.

Anyone on here who was more active at that time could probably tell the story better, but that’s how I saw it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Pretty much what Gtc3931 said. He was messaging people to ask about their kids, and had been there with a couple of different names. It happened shortly after a big hoo-hah about being childless or child free happened, which was similarly badly handled.

• Wow
What made the troll incident worse was that all discussion about what had happened and how it had been handled was shut down by the moderators. Which backfired as lots of people left to discuss freely on WhatsApp groups and never returned to the forum. Been quiet on there ever since.

Well, whaddaya know, here's SH appearing to call us all lunatics despite her trying to appear politically correct when she wanted sympathy on That Friday. Unless there was another forum joking about her preferring GC to DM. Just fancy that.
Screenshot_20191208-162050_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
We might be lunatics but we’re on the money when it comes to uncovering lots of truths about the kind of person Sali Hughes is.

Reactions: 9
Curiouser and curiouser.
Screenshot_20191208-164238_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20191208-164259_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20191208-164306_Twitter.jpg

So she knew about this place since Feb at least. If I search another mental health slur, I might find an earlier tweet. To be so bleeping pious, she even thanked Bethany Black for her comment.
Screenshot_20191208-165056_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
Well, whaddaya know, here's SH appearing to call us all lunatics despite her trying to appear politically correct when she wanted sympathy ilon That Friday. Unless there was another forum joking about her preferring GC to DM. Just fancy that. View attachment 62815
The date is months before that Friday. I wasn't on Tattle until a few weeks before it all kicked off. Most of what was written here in the early threads was how uninspiring the column was and how dodgy the declarations of interest were? The tweets about what is written here and what is actually written here never tallies.

Reactions: 8
The date is months before that Friday. I wasn't on Tattle until a few weeks before it all kicked off. Most of what was written here in the early threads was how uninspiring the column was and how dodgy the declarations of interest were? The tweets about what is written here and what is actually written here never tallies.
It’s almost like she’s not entirely honest 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I listened to the start of her stupid Friday video and she says she was alerted "several months" ago to the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yes, Sali, there is a SM platform called Twitter and you made fun of women's appearance, from their tits to botox, and they are also human beings with loved ones. Did you forget about that? Didn't cross your mind when you got <3? Why so perplexed?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She's happy to call us and others mentally ill as an insult but if there's any hint of sympathy or suggestion a mental health condition is a mitigating factor she pleads sanity on our (and others') behalf.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
My take (for anyone new) is that this site was a minor but niggling thorn in her side until the Victoria Beckham makeup launch (I think) and being asked questions about the Charlotte Tilbury / Estee Laundry claims. That led to her LinkedIn, Facebook etc stalking spree. Which resulted in bullying claims, shared by Estee Laundry. And that’s what tipped her over into a full blown narcissistic injury episode, the result of which was the ill-judged, impulsive rage video.

As to her husband being non-bigoted, his twitter history indicates otherwise. From memory he can be just as nasty as his wife when it comes to the need to “win” twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So she knew about this place in February when there was one thread, not a particularly busy one at that. Makes her Friday Fakeout even more worthy of an Oscar.

good to see a noteworthy, informative column this week though......oh wait, no, as you were. She really is getting paid for nothing over at the Guardian.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.