Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking back at what was written here in February when she wrote that tweet. It was pretty mild, the early musings on sali and her dishonesty. Her Instagram outburst brought so many here. What a fool. Is she secretly an investor in tattle?! 😆 she'd certainly be getting high advertising revenue. Unlike at SHB 🕸🕸🕸🕸🍂🐌

Snap! @Jade Mitzi 😉 beef-faced incels have one mind!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As to her husband being non-bigoted, his twitter history indicates otherwise. From memory he can be just as nasty as his wife when it comes to the need to “win” twitter.
He’s a bleeping Tory! You only need to look at the racist tit coming out of that party (never mind their associations with the far right - Victor Orban and Steve Bannon anyone?!) to see that he is perfectly happy to condone this vile hideousness if it means his income and taxes are unaffected. To say nothing of the fact that he’s married to Sali who has been an atrocious bully to people like Lauren Luke and Dawn Porter. Take a look in a g-d damn mirror, woman!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is there another thread or site that she could be referring to?

ETA - I am perplexed !!!

The main ingredient in a Dove bar is sodium lauroyl isethionate which is a detergent, not a soap. Further down the ingredients list are sodium palmitate/kernelate, which are actual soaps. Overall, a Dove bar is very far from a proper gentle soap such as: https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-glycerine-pure-soap/081684-41547-41548
Thanks for the info! I’ve always used Dove because I like the smell, but will check out more gentle ones x

Reactions: 3
So she knew about this place in February when there was one thread, not a particularly busy one at that. Makes her Friday Fakeout even more worthy of an Oscar.

good to see a noteworthy, informative column this week though......oh wait, no, as you were. She really is getting paid for nothing over at the Guardian.
You'd think someone with insider knowledge might have done a "what high st finds you can replace your fave Bourjois products with" for the day after the announcement, wouldn't you?

What did she say "the nicest man I've ever met" or something?
Screenshot_20191208-175003_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I could understand a lazy column every so often, but I cant remember the last time she wrote one with anything to offer. They are now just dull shopping lists.

Reactions: 5
Her throwaway comments related to mental health are so toxic and lacking of any understanding or sympathy for people with mental health.

Surely if she were a thoughtful person who is trying to avoid stigmatising further people with MH, there are other adjectives she can use to describe people who she considers to be awful on SM. I mean, she’s meant to be a writer, someone with elaborate vocabulary and able to express complex ideas in a succinct way. No? My bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Don’t bother with the granactive retinols, they’re weak to the point of functionally useless IMO. Try one of the retinols in squalane. I started with 0.5% and it didn’t irritate at all, but if you’re cautious you could go lower (is it 0.2%?)
I don't like the one in squalane. It just sits like a slick on my skin. The granactive retinoid 2% feels better and absorbs nicely (but is a tad sticky like many TO products tend to be). That said, I only use it on my nights off from tretinoin ...

The main ingredient in a Dove bar is sodium lauroyl isethionate which is a detergent, not a soap. Further down the ingredients list are sodium palmitate/kernelate, which are actual soaps. Overall, a Dove bar is very far from a proper gentle soap such as: https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-glycerine-pure-soap/081684-41547-41548
I periodically buy up all the delicious Italian and French soaps in my local TJ Maxx for just a few dollars each

Last edited:
He’s a bleeping Tory! You only need to look at the racist tit coming out of that party (never mind their associations with the far right - Victor Orban and Steve Bannon anyone?!) to see that he is perfectly happy to condone this vile hideousness if it means his income and taxes are unaffected. To say nothing of the fact that he’s married to Sali who has been an atrocious bully to people like Lauren Luke and Dawn Porter. Take a look in a g-d damn mirror, woman!!
To be fair there it’s the Labour Party who is under investigation for racism by the Equality and Human Rights Commission and who is frightening the Jewish community to the point where people feel the need to speak out. So he may be obnoxious but no political party has some sort of moral high ground regarding race.

Reactions: 9
I mean, she’s meant to be a writer, someone with elaborate vocabulary and able to express complex ideas in a succinct way. No? My bad.
She mistook a writing style for repeating herself all the time. See: nan scent, satisfying click, curated, mentals etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Her handling of everything makes zero sense unless... (apologies for the long post but it’s all so spot on)

Why do people with narcissism react so vehemently when threatened by a seemingly minor offense? The answer is complicated:

• Their grandiose views of themselves are threatened by perceived attacks. These grandiose views of themselves are necessary for their self-preservation. When threatened, they are not merely offended, but their entire sense of self is at stake. Their grandiosity was developed as an over-compensatory, albeit protective, means to defend the person from feeling any sense of vulnerability.
  • People with narcissism do not operate within the realms of “normal” human interaction, but rather in a relational “barter system” that generates “narcissistic supply”—also known as narcissistic food—which includes admiration, attention, praise, accolades, being perceived as superior, being seen as special, or any other means of being viewed as “top dog.” When others feed them these types of “food,” people with narcissism may have a false sense of satisfaction, but they are generally never fully content because they are still lacking in true connection and intimacy with another.

Whenever suppliers of narcissistic food fail to maintain their end of the barter system—which, by the way, is ultimately one-sided—people with narcissism experience a “wound” because their fragile and dysfunctional ego is left unfulfilled. Their feelings of dependence may get triggered as a result, and they may be incapable of facing any sense of need for another (perhaps because of early childhood attachment injuries).
  • Since people with narcissism have distorted views of themselves, they tend to perceive any positive interactions as expected and any negative interactions as personal attacks. They are particularly sensitive to perceived negative attacks because they live in a pseudo-reality or delusional state about themselves in relation to others. They may genuinely believe they are superior to others, so when positive reactions come their way they may take them for granted.

People with narcissism generally feel an inner emptiness and thus need positive input from others in order to maintain their delusional sense of reality. When anyone contradicts their fantasy views of themselves, they get close to those unbearable empty feelings and react strongly in order to stop their impending sense of inadequacy.
  • People with narcissism tend to have a chronic inner rage. Most people experience anger, usually a response to a perceived threat of some kind. Anger helps us realize when we need to take action, and quickly. Usually when people are angry, they temporarily suspend their cognitive functioning and empathy to a large degree and tend to operate in immediate terms.

Since they are continually full of rage (the flip side of their internal shame), people with narcissism may use any slight as an “excuse” to release some of the pressure of this inner rage/shame struggle. Since narcissistic wounds seem to be triggered by rather innocuous events, it is helpful to understand the true root of the problem is neither caused by the target nor solved by the reaction of the person with narcissism. The true root of the anger of a person with narcissism has to do with a deep-seated inner rage that is in place as a countermeasure to their deep-seated inner shame.

• Heart
Well I feel quite pleased to have found all this. I saw the Oscar type performance when she was SO upset with you all. Upset to have people dare to call her out. I was on gtl for a long time and mostly just stayed because I simply couldn’t believe the embarrassing and awful tit that she got away with ALL the time. I hardly know where to start........

but if you dare to disagree you just get her favourite line “to be honest I cannot see what is so hard to understand about that” as people are all thick and not just, god forbid, disagreeing with her. Sometimes she was just ridiculous but sometimes very very offensive

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So do we think she does fancy Giles? She keeps going on about it enough :LOL:.
Her outburst as others have said was so wierd - or 'mental' in SHspeak. The thread ticked along quite slowly with the occasional spike of comments after her Guardian effort on Saturdays. Nothing particularly awful - just speculation about her honesty re recommending things which we kindly kept here rather than flood TG or IG. No mention of her children other than saying she had them, and only comment about husband was that he was a Tory. Both things she had talked about. So the lies about people here commenting on her children were bizarre, and the constant mental health slurs frankly disgusting. Plus the faux outrage at people commenting on strangers - which must make them lunatics - all the while knowing she had slagged off many many strangers mainly about their looks/weight/mental health problems (Tara PT)/botox use was almost laughable only it wasn't funny.
The mental health disgusting language is the thing that I find particularly unforgivable. And the lying about saying her children were targetted.

Reactions: 10
What does she day about Giles? I started following him and Esther after the showdown - they both have good Instagram content.

I think I'm probably repeating myself but it struck me that posting her ex husband's LinkedIn profile allowed her to be self righteous about Tattleres.

Imagine if every time we mentioned SH we called her “mental”... watch for the back-pedalling & squeezing that into her victim mentality narrative. What about us poor mentals? Some of us truly are #povfaces! Smash the #povface monopoly!

Reactions: 7
It was SO over the top. But she’s just not important enough to actually be trolled so she quickly had to make that happen. The attention seeking is second to none.
Once there was a recording which went viral of somebody having an argument on a train - some sort of moral issue or something. Well a few weeks later (I can still hardly believe it) she actually deliberately did it herself. Started her phone recording and then had a go at somebody who had their bag on a seat. It was JUST embarrassing - the other woman clearly wasn’t going to bother arguing with her back so she got more and more mouthy trying desperately to provoke her into arguing. I almost felt sorry for her - it really was embarrassing.

• Haha
  • Wow
The tweet about ‘******* rutting under the table’ haunts me. There is no reading of that to suggest the author is a nice guy.
Choosing ‘non-bigoted’ to describe her husband is a reach. If I were a lesser person, I might describe her as a ‘deluded turd’ as she has described my friends here. But I like to think highly of myself so I’ll just say that everyone says mean things.

The rule is not that they are only mean if they disagree with you. The rule is not that you Tweet your thumbs off giddily and PUBLICLY insulting people who are just having a go at life and doing what they think they need to, to an audience of 100k+, whilst if a group of women on niche forum critique you then they simply must be ‘lunatics’.

This is bad, bad behaviour. It is categorically wrong to gleefully insult people for cheap kicks and laughs and a stake in the mean girls crowd but then turn sour if people dare to have their own smaller version of the same thing (albeit more constructive).

It’s also not in keeping with what is generally understood about having a public persona. People will talk about you. If you don’t like that then the answer is that you’re not cut out for said public persona. The answer is not to go after dissenters as if you’re a dictator. It is so wrong. And to spin it like what people are saying is so wrong, and to lie about it? It is literally what unsavoury politicians do and it does not lead to good places.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And many posters just wanted clarity on the Botox useage. I don't know who the deluded turds in that specific scenario are.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.