Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
YES! A friend of mine was the person to question the whistles play suit & #povface SH then searched everyone who was friends with her & started blocking! I survived at first. She was also searching out tweets for mention of her name (not @). It was bleeping pathetic. Think I was blocked when I pointed out his pathetic is was for someone “famous” to gave the time or inclination to do that (not naming any names).

Apologies for spelling - I was tapping so bleeping hard on my iPhone keyboard, the fury bubbling back up! :LOL:
Gobsmacked. This is awful behaviour

Reactions: 2
YES! A friend of mine was the person to question the whistles play suit & #povface SH then searched everyone who was friends with her & started blocking! I survived at first. She was also searching out tweets for mention of her name (not @). It was bleeping pathetic. Think I was blocked when I pointed out his pathetic is was for someone “famous” to gave the time or inclination to do that (not naming any names).

Apologies for spelling - I was tapping so bleeping hard on my iPhone keyboard, the fury bubbling back up! :LOL:
What a bleep-ish thing to do/person to be. Utterly vapid self regarding behaviour.

I read someone speak of sali bingo. It's as if she read a few good words in a Writing 101 book she found in a Gap changing room circa 1992, and still refers to it in a furious manner. So that now, her writing is a parody cubed, of her own "style".

Sali bingo anyone? Use a Charlotte-dahling concealer as a dabber? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A bit lost as to why soap is a column . I genuinely thought everyone used a bar of soap?
also what’s wrong with dove? Genuine question... I’ve been using dove for eleventy billion years.
am i doing something wrong? 🙄

Reactions: 4
I've just been having a nose on GTL. Some of "La Hughes" followers really do live in fantasy land.
Somebody posted asking for suggestions for an 'affordable' red lipstick as at the moment she's on maternity pay.
There were some affordable suggestions for Rimmel and Revlon, but then up pop the posters who are suggesting Mac and Laura Mercier.
The crowning glory though had to be the suggestion that the OP buy Chanel 'as a present to yourself' 🙄

I'm staying incognito over there, but at the moment I'm wearing a shade called 'Brick'. It's Primark's own brand and cost me £1. It goes on lovely and lasts really well.
That is MY version of 'affordable'.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Whats the thoughts over on GTL? I never followed over when it opened again. Are the Sali army ahagst at the mean bullying their heroine is receiving?

A bit lost as to why soap is a column . I genuinely thought everyone used a bar of soap?
also what’s wrong with dove? Genuine question... I’ve been using dove for eleventy billion years.
many people moved on to shower gel/cream/oil and a billion other things. Soap is, I think, making a comeback as people become more aware of plastic usage. At least, that’s why I’ve moved back to soap. I’ve got a long way to go in a quest to be more environment friendly, but every little thing has to help somewhere along the line, at least that’s what I tell myself! Fair play to you if you stuck to soap in the first place, I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference using it again instead of shower gels. I was under some sort of impression soap would dry my skin, but it’s no more or less dry than before.

Reactions: 7
Shower gel has always felt a wasteful bother to me 🤷‍♀️

ETA: DIdn't mean for that to sound like a humblebrag :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've never used a Dove product so I've no view on the quality.

I've always disliked their advertising - specifically, what seemed to me to be hypocrisy: marketing the brand as pro-women ('real' women in the adverts, the appalling 'you're more beautiful than you know' ad) while suggesting to women that their underarm skin may not be fit to be seen (unless cared for by Dove deodorant).

I would say I boycott the brand on that basis but I've never been tempted to buy any of the products anyway.

Reactions: 2

Oh my! So she has previous for this? Unbelievable.

Please explain the Whistles playsuit thing (sounds hilarious) and povface? My first thought was that pov meant “point of view” but now I’m leaning towards “poverty”?

Please explain the Whistles playsuit thing (sounds hilarious) and povface? My first thought was that pov meant “point of view” but now I’m leaning towards “poverty”?
It's poverty, sadly

Reactions: 1
🎻The year was 1888, people were dying of consumption, gin poisoning and hunger... 🎻
(I suppose this is how the story starts 🤭)

Whats the thoughts over on GTL? I never followed over when it opened again. Are the Sali army ahagst at the mean bullying their heroine is receiving?
I expect they did (at least) a pilgrimage to Lourdes after the video.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
🎻The year was 1888, people were dying of consumption, gin poisoning and hunger... 🎻
(I suppose this is how the story starts 🤭)
😂 I just woke both dogs laughing!

It started with SH posting something on GTL about being poor, and coining #povface It waxnt long after she had either done an article / just posted pics of her house. I was bleeping incensed as I wasn’t working & actually V V poor & said something along the lines of there being people in the group who ARE bleeping poor, and that I doubt you should claim #povface if you’ve got a bleeping claw-foot bathtub.

Very soon after she posted about buying some play suits from Whistles & that hot my friend really bleeping riled. She tweeted her linking in #povface. Needless to say SH lost her tit! Then started searching any mention of her name, and having a tit fit & exercising her block button. Nobody even said anything out of order!!!! Not normal behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I think that SH said she'd been asked to tweet about a particular deodorant for x thousand pounds and she'd refused because she'd never do anything dishonest like that even though she was really skint (and possibly used *povface*). I think she then said that she was going to buy a Whistles playsuit with pineapples on it which cost £x. I don't know how close together she posted these two things, as in if it was the same day or week. Also she might have posted one comment on twitter and one on gtl or both on gtl or Twitter. I remember her post about the deodorant but didn't see the playsuit comment at the time which makes me think it might have been a tweet.
Someone pointed out she couldn't be that skint if she was buying clothes fron Whistles. But I missed this and what then ensued.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
PS: I boycotted Dove years ago when after dating a guy whose last name was Dove, he turned into a weirdy stalker when I dumped him.

I think that SH said she'd been asked to tweet about a particular deodorant for x thousand pounds and she'd refused because she'd never do anything dishonest like that even though she was really skint (and possibly used *povface*). I think she then said that she was going to buy a Whistles playsuit with pineapples on it which cost £x. I don't know how close together she posted these two things, as in if it was the same day or week. Also she might have posted one comment on twitter and one on gtl or both on gtl on Twitter. I remember her post about the deodorant but didn't see the playsuit comment at the tone which makes me think it might have been a tweet.
Someone pointed out she couldn't be that skint if she was buying clothes fron Whistles. But I missed this and what then ensued.
That's exactly it!!! Well remembered. It was a friend of mine who then tweeted her linking the two.

I remember 'playsuit gate'.
Wasn't that around the same time she was shilling the Acne pistols and the Sali armi (see what I did there 😉) were losing their tit over them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
And she went on about her press discount too, didn’t she.

I remember 'playsuit gate'.
Wasn't that around the same time she was shilling the Acne pistols and the Sali armi (see what I did there 😉) were losing their tit over them.
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Edited - actually dunno if Ithat person did, so removed her name.

Reactions: 1
PS: I boycotted Dove years ago when after dating a guy whose last name was Dove, he turned into a weirdy stalker when I dumped him.

That's exactly it!!! Well remembered. It was a friend of mine who then tweeted her linking the two.
As I say I didn't see the playsuit thing but I certainly heard about it on gtl where it was referred to as playsuitgate and was roundly ridiculed.
It's a typical bully tactic. SH with her coterie all sniggering about the person who's just been blocked or banned and creating their narrative about what happened and reassuring themselves that the others are idiots and that the others behaviour was out of order. Feebee or Betsey wetting themselves to be in on the joke. Fuckwits.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.