Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh I remember all that. The snidey catchphrases they all invented. And how handy for SH Whistles gave her that 40% discount for, what was it, just wearing Whistles clothes :unsure:. The soft selling and influencing was in full swing back then.

Reactions: 6
Oh god yes, the sali army legions in matching boots 👢
Betsy appears to be a chief-sub-under-lieutenant, the way she set up Sali's recent twitter tattle discussion.

Reactions: 3
Ha ha me too... always been a soap girl
we tend to use both; but more so as time goes on we both get very itchy from shower gel; no matter which we try. Have gone down the no added chemicals route, but still - clawing arms etc after shower. Currently using a Korres milk soap I got in TKs for 50p. A colleague has started making her own cold-press soaps, so I have nettle stuff lined up once this Korres bar is finished.

Reactions: 2
I love soap and have for ages! Finally managed to get the other half away from shower gel too.

Does anyone here know much about retinol? I'm thinking of trying the lowest percentage one from the ordinary. I'm 35 with just the small beginnings of lines around the eyes and forehead. My skin is irritable but right now it's fairly stable.

Btw Colin is my cat's name. I'm reclaiming Colin!

Reactions: 3
Does anyone here know much about retinol? I'm thinking of trying the lowest percentage one from the ordinary. I'm 35 with just the small beginnings of lines around the eyes and forehead. My skin is irritable but right now it's fairly stable.
Don’t bother with the granactive retinols, they’re weak to the point of functionally useless IMO. Try one of the retinols in squalane. I started with 0.5% and it didn’t irritate at all, but if you’re cautious you could go lower (is it 0.2%?)

we tend to use both; but more so as time goes on we both get very itchy from shower gel; no matter which we try. Have gone down the no added chemicals route, but still - clawing arms etc after shower.
Actual shower GEL makes me dry and itchy too. That's one of the reasons I like Dove: it's more of a cream and is somewhat moisturising.

I like the idea of using soap - might give it a go once my current stuff has run out.

Btw re: the & Other Stories boots I was talking about a while ago, I think I have decided to keep them. I went back to work this week and so have more of a pay packet coming soon if I can just make it until the end of the month!

Someone sent her a screenshot of a Bourjois Instagram post confirming it is being removed from the UK, they asked if she had any Intel. She said yep its going, difficult time for high street brands

So... you know literally the same as everyone else..?
She has a lovely epitaph on IG now. And how she dedicated a page in her book about their blushes. The #ripbourojis is especially amusing.

She has a lovely epitaph on IG now. And how she dedicated a page in her book about their blushes. The #ripbourojis is especially amusing.
Isn't it just being withdrawn from the UK? Of course she has to make it all about herself and shoehorn in a #PrettyIconic reference

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Out of interest, did everyone from the SHB forum go to GTL or is it a whole different group of people? I logged into SHB for the first time in years a few months ago and it was dead. I stopped posting there just before the incident with the weird bloke.

I just looked at the comments on that. Someone actually said "I pick up Pretty Honest in Waterstones every weekend and pursue the pages"........

• Haha
I just looked at the comments on that. Someone actually said "I pick up Pretty Honest in Waterstones every weekend and pursue the pages"........
The comments are gold. "Should I stock up?" Sali replies "if you want stuff, yes"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
This is my first time reading anything from the book, FFS does the nan scent get mentioned on every page?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@GTL Old-Timer a while ago you mentioned you use an Olaplex product and found it effective. Which one is it?
Not @GTL Old-Timer but as I type I have Olpalex 3 on my head and it is brilliant. I haven’t tried the others but this has made a huge difference to my curly hair that got truly messed up through over-dyeing (going from deep red back to blonde - do not recommend). It’s made my curl pattern come out of hiding.

I got it from allbeauty for a fair bit less than Space NK etc.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone understand hair brushes?

I have a specific request for a "ceramic and ionic tourmaline x5 #949" which I can't find online in the UK so looking for something similar. Any help much appreciated!

Isn't it just being withdrawn from the UK? Of course she has to make it all about herself and shoehorn in a #PrettyIconic reference
I asked my Irish SIL about it and she said that the Bourjois stand in her local Boots was pretty empty looking so it may be leaving Ireland too. Not 100% sure though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.