Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so frustrating when you’ve spent hard-earned, good money on sub-par products. But thanks for sharing because can I say I love a tit review - I think now all the influencers are at such pains to not upset any potential future income, we never hear what might be worth avoiding (and why) in a calm, measured sort of way.
I think you'll enjoy this video, I certainly have. "Worst" products videos are a rarity these days, but when the whole you tube thing was starting, they were a staple. Glad to see Michele was honest and entertaining (as she's been thus far) and I want her gorgeous rings!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Annoyed but not surprised about Bourjois. Coty never invested in the brand properly after buying it from the Chanel family. Not expanding the foundation shades range quick enough (or well enough when they finally did) was the writing on wall. Keep up with the times or get left behind.

What a shame. I don’t think there was ever a single “best high street foundations” or “budget dupes for high end foundations” video by a uk beauty youtuber that did not feature them.

I will try to buy a java rice powder for old times sake... :cry:

Soap. Not a bad column but once again would be a million times enriched by the hive-mind in the comments. But the greatest disservice is to SH herself as the Guardian suffers from the lack of traffic and, I much prefer the hive-mind here.

The worst thing is none of you skidmarks is going to tell me you wash your hands with some chip shop lard and a scoop of quarry sand.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That's a real pity about Bourjois. I've used healthy mix foundation most days for about five years. Extremely decent, glowy foundation for the price - so long as you have paler skin :( Liquid lipsticks and blushers were also v good.

Reactions: 2
Excellent column topic. It’s odd she didn’t cover soap years ago, given her eco-credentials (🙄) and nan-love. But the writing is like a parody of herself...

F3CCE067-48A4-4AC3-993B-65E6759CF3E9.jpeg

That’s what you think @PineappleQueen19 !! I was just about to tell you that used coffee grounds are all you need for a nourishing hand scrub.

Anyway, you ladies are beautiful as you are! My wife is 70 and has never worn make up and she’s still a head turner. She would never waste her time reading these make up message boards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh man, I’m surprised about Bourjois. It’s just one of those brands that’s always been around. When I was young and just getting into make up, those lovely little blush or shadow pots (with, yes, a satisfying click) seemed really posh to me. A step up from Rimmel and Seventeen anyway 😄

I suppose they just can’t compete with the cheaper brands like MUA and Revolution.

Reactions: 3
She managed to shoehorn in that brand she works for by the back door by recommending their cheaper range and then linking to them. Nice one, brand ambassador. I'm confident she did declare her interest in the brand somewhere in that article and I simply missed it.

• Heart
That soap column wasn’t very informative. Are the soaps just for post loo hands? Can they be used in the shower?
No matter how nice it smells, I’d not be paying over £10 for a soap to clean my hands post 💩
If it was a lovely soap for the shower, that fragranced and moisturised the skin, I’d pay for that.
I don’t feel informed after reading it and I certainly don’t feel inclined to buy any of the soap.

Reactions: 5
Dr Bronner is the only liquid soap she uses!

Eww Dove Cream Bar?! Just the thought of it makes my hands itch.
Looks like Dove was the token povface option.

I was waiting for her to mention soap brows. The himble bar of soap - environmentally friendly and can be used to achieve this season's on trend brow. Missed a trick, there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.