Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't remember what brand it was but there was something that looked like nu face in tkmaxx the other day. Is it one of these things where you need to get the OG or will a dupe do similar things?

Jowl be seeing you later...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
All these years we thought we were being charged more for advertising and the name but now we realise it's to subsidise the freebies to the freeloaders, sorry, to the industry professionals.
.have you seen how much jo Malone/ were laudee spend on influence gifting and events.
Fleur De force has shown many family abroad trips and meals all jo Malone.

On topic of fleur she mentioned all saints perfumes anyone tried.
Avoided the elemis counter at hot othet day as they gifted Mrs meldrum and brummy mummy.

Any views on marks and spencer skincare and makeup as noticed they do loads the other day when present shopping?
I use to love Tesco makeup range think was makeup artist called Daley many years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
.have you seen how much jo Malone/ were laudee spend on influence gifting and events.

Avoided the elemis counter at hot othet day as they gifted Mrs meldrum and brummy mummy.

Any views on marks and spencer skincare and makeup as noticed they do loads the other day when present shopping?
I use to love Tesco makeup range think was makeup artist called Daley many years ago.
Yes! Barbara Daley at Tesco. Whatever happened to her? I got some wonderful stuff from that range. My favourite was a lovely golden highlighter. Another one who missed the whole makeup YT/IG avalanche by inches. Makeup really was not such a big thing at all back in the 80s/90s. Hard to imagine now. From age 15 - to about 30+ my makeup consisted of eyeliner. That was it. No foundation, no mascara, no lipstick, just black kohl. Spots could fend for themselves. Black kohl is still the one thing I will cling to no matter what. No matter how many experts say 'well brown is more flattering'. Not from my cold dead hands.

Reactions: 4
In the days of old - 1970s - there was a single make-up artist of any note - Barbara Daly - and a single beauty writer - Leslie Kenton. Both were really groundbreaking and taught me a lot. I think the Barbara Daly collaboration with Tesco might have been the first of its kind. It had some great products. I think it's only recently been discontinued.

Famously, Barbara Daly did Lady Diana Spencer's wedding make-up. Although I generally loved Barbara's work, i didn't think the wedding make-up was a great success.

As the boomer here I can answer any/all questions on the history of beauty...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes! Barbara Daley at Tesco. Whatever happened to her? I got some wonderful stuff from that range. My favourite was a lovely golden highlighter. Another one who missed the whole makeup YT/IG avalanche by inches. Makeup really was not such a big thing at all back in the 80s/90s.
She could well have retired, but what a career! Makeup on 3 Stanley Kubrick films and Princess Diana’s wedding makeup, she must have been one of the first celebrity MUAs, I remember my mum had some of her Body Shop range. I think you can still find some of her 80s video tutorials (perhaps from daytime tv?) online.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She could well have retired, but what a career! Makeup on 3 Stanley Kubrick films and Princess Diana’s wedding makeup, she must have been one of the first celebrity MUAs, I remember my mum had some of her Body Shop range. I think you can still find some of her 80s video tutorials (perhaps from daytime tv?) online.
Yes, what a career! I'm pretty sure she's retired but she's still around - she comments very occasionally on an IG account I follow.

Reactions: 1

I would avoid Jo Malone on that basis alone. Any brands with huge marketing budgets put me off.

I haven’t tested the All Saints perfumes but Nadine Bagott spoke highly of them in her recent autumn/winter fragrance video. And she has a good nose. Although I did raise my eyebrows when she said £50 for a perfume is affordable for everyone.

So many gems in M&S beauty. I’ve liked a lot of what I’ve tried from the Rosie for Autograph range - I think SH shortchanged it when she said it was a CT dupe range. The loose powder is gorgeous, shadow sticks are great, bronzer lovely. It’s woefully under stocked at my store, I always think it’s about to be pulled.

I’ve heard good things about the new-ish makeup range at Sainsbury’s - I’m sure KJH used their blush on Anna recently and Jo Jones and Nadine B tested their singular eyeshadow pots (I think) and loved it in a recent-ish budget beauty vid.

I didn't wear a lick of makeup in the 90s or noughts, despite working for glossies. Now I wear a tinted moisturiser or BB cream, do my brows, and sometimes add highlighter or a bit of cloud paint. I'm here for the skincare

Reactions: 5
I wore a lot of makeup in high school, I wore a lot of everything in high school when I think about it. I'm still far away from a minimalist aesthetic. More is more! 💃

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.