Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wish I could be minimalist. I try... I really try! Then I'm all smokey eyes, mega mascara and lips 💋 Maybe not quite that bad, but fairly too much oftentimes. I think my ageing eyes cause it. I start off trying for a subtle eyeliner flick, but the crepey eyelids cause ructions and wobbles in my line, so it turns into full on Amy Winehouse as I try to correct the line 😆

Edited to say... NuFace hidden from me in the house somewhere, courtesy of Husband-Santa 🎅 ♥ ♥ (says he plans in using it, 🤔)

@PineappleQueen19 I was really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope treatment happens swiftly for you. Lots of great tips here regarding healing. I will absolutely heed your warning about spf ♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I remember Barbara Daly for The Body Shop, it was called Colourings I think. White packaging with rainbow bits on.

Reactions: 2
Jenny Agutter @ Woman & Home- how refreshing:
Has anyone seen the new Red? Ruth Jones on the front, definitely not retouched (I wonder if she stipulated that?). We're so unused to women in the public eye looking like this. And SH and her mates' tweakments are partly why. Be interesting to see what happens to their faces over the coming years.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
One person I would like to see get Botox: Caitlin bleeping Moran. It would stop her from pulling those ridiculous faces all the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
ARGHHHH. I have NuFace ads right below where I am typing this, which I have resisted on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I told myself I didn't need it, that it couldn't possibly help the sag. I do need it, don't I?
I love mine - and I love sitting watching tv doing a sesh.

I have succumbed 😞
Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Didn’t someone on here recommend a face gym pro?
Me!!!! I bleeping loved it - but £400!!!!

I got the facial in London and it was great. However I've heard the home version isn't as powerful
Really??? That’s a bit naughty!!

In the days of old - 1970s - there was a single make-up artist of any note - Barbara Daly - and a single beauty writer - Leslie Kenton. Both were really groundbreaking and taught me a lot. I think the Barbara Daly collaboration with Tesco might have been the first of its kind. It had some great products. I think it's only recently been discontinued.

Famously, Barbara Daly did Lady Diana Spencer's wedding make-up. Although I generally loved Barbara's work, i didn't think the wedding make-up was a great success.

As the boomer here I can answer any/all questions on the history of beauty...
Ok boomer! ... runs ...

@PineappleQueen19 i just saw my GP yesterday & what I’d hoped was dermatitis they suspect is squamous cell carcinoma (obvs not that serious) and got urgent dermatology referral to their skin cancer clinic for 16th. So - SPF SPF SPF! When are you back seeing them? 😘

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Expensive does not always = nice. The sooner people realise that, the better the world would be. (I have plenty of TF lippies but plenty of Revlon classics too. It’s all good)

Completely off topic, but do anything of you use anything from Hada Labo?

I use a few products by them. My advice would be to bypass the ones sold on Amazon, in the red packaging, as these are made in the US and I’m not confident they’re as good as the proper Japanese stuff you can get from EBay. The oil cleanser is the best I’ve used and the Premium hyaluronic essence is beautiful.

Reactions: 4
@PineappleQueen19 i just saw my GP yesterday & what I’d hoped was dermatitis they suspect is squamous cell carcinoma (obvs not that serious) and got urgent dermatology referral to their skin cancer clinic for 16th. So - SPF SPF SPF! When are you back seeing them? 😘
Oh no - but it’s good you caught it and it’s being checked out. BCC is on the lower side for seriousness but they can still grow large and cause disfigurement if left.

I have no date for surgery, just on the wait list. Probably in the new year now. Not knowing when is not ideal (it makes my anxiety spiral) but I appreciate they have to prioritise and have learnt to give over to the process.

There are a lot of horror stories out there (don’t google) - but this is a sensible, reassuring piece by Jo Elvin, magazine editor https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../The-mole-tummy-not-cancer-spot-nose-was.html

• Heart
Reactions: 1
After many rave reviews of the NYX Born to Glow foundation, I decided to get it. It's one of the worst foundations I've ever had :( Nothing remotely glowing, I look like a powdered wig. I don't have dry skin, but with this on, you'd think I have SH's skin condition.
Another disappointment was Becca's Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer, also a bit drying, I much prefer YSL All Hours Concealer which is a bit thicker, but didn't emphasise any dry patches.
😣

• Haha
After many rave reviews of the NYX Born to Glow foundation, I decided to get it. It's one of the worst foundations I've ever had :( Nothing remotely glowing, I look like a powdered wig. I don't have dry skin, but with this on, you'd think I have SH's skin condition.
Another disappointment was Becca's Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer, also a bit drying, I much prefer YSL All Hours Concealer which is a bit thicker, but didn't emphasise any dry patches.
😣
It’s so frustrating when you’ve spent hard-earned, good money on sub-par products. But thanks for sharing because can I say I love a tit review - I think now all the influencers are at such pains to not upset any potential future income, we never hear what might be worth avoiding (and why) in a calm, measured sort of way.

I know she’s not without issue but it’s one of the reasons I occasionally watch Tati on YouTube. She doesn’t do paid/sponsored content as a general rule and will say if she found something to be disappointing. And when brands send her stuff they know she’ll be upfront if she didn’t like it and explains why.

But thanks for sharing because can I say I love a tit review - I think now all the influencers are at such pains to not upset any potential future income, we never hear what might be worth avoiding (and why) in a calm, measured sort of way.
Same here! I know these two products will be great for a lot of people, but my face was in a WTF expression the entire time. Also, the coverage is lacking and I don't usually go for full coverage foundations. I need to cover redness on my nose and cheeks and this did f all, while some tinted sunscreens did a better job. The plus side is that you don't need to set with powder, even though their names say otherwise :D

Reactions: 1
The lashes look like she's in one of those "I went to the worst make up artist..." videos.

• Haha
The malignant hypocrisy of this woman! How is it perfectly OK for her to behave like this publicly, attacking women based on their looks or intellect, yet we are the skidmarks for discussing her online conduct here? My blood pressure just rose, which is actually great, as I am hypotensive. Yet more proof TL is therapeutic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
That tweet re someone called Tara and prescription medication :rolleyes: Know what, I'd say that sometimes people take meds because some who ought to, won't.
And if I post here about her tits in those hideous wool jumpers looking like the tobacco store owner's from "Amarcord", I'd be crossing the line.
I won't even comment on Malala.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.