Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Flawless yet generic is right. They’re all developing the same cheeks, lips and eyes now. Sam Chapman posted this the other day and it’s a similar look to Sali’s but further down that road. To my eyes she looks a bit... different now, having always been very pretty.

(I can take this down if it seems that I’m face-shaming her. I saw the picture a few days ago and found it quite shocking, and it made me realise how if you keep making very small changes here and there over a period of time, things can get a bit surreal. It’s becoming quite a specific look in this crowd.)
I'm finding Sam Chapman's face pretty shocking, too. It's sad that all these people begin to look the same...and really quite odd.

Reactions: 7
Thank you to everyone for the kind wishes, it’s very much appreciated. The medical team have been ace, I know I’m in good hands. Also can I confess.. having a tiny crush on the dermatologist doesn’t hurt ;)

In a way I’m pleased it was somewhere obvious like my forehead, might have ignored or missed it somewhere else.

It’a so clever how they will do the surgery. They take the smallest possible piece of skin out, you wait about an hour while it goes to the lab for checking and then you go back in to surgery there and then if they didn’t get all the cancerous cells. Rinse and repeat. And all covered by the NHS, bless them ❤

On the perfume chat I can’t vouch for perfume parlour (yet!) but I love the Soleil Blanc from Eden Perfumes. Like expensive sunscreen on hot sandy skin... in the best possible way. But have switched to Aura by Mugler for winter. I know it’s weird but I love it.
Do you know when you are having the surgery? So good you get the results there and then without a worrying wait at home for days/weeks. My dad had skin cancer on his head (having a bald head and being a farmer out harvesting in sun for years didn't help) and went through the same with excellent results. To knit the wound afterwards they used seaweed patches which have amazing healing properties. All NHS too. Good luck!

I too love Eden Perfumes - I tried a Tom Ford one which I loved - sort of leather and bitter chocolate which was marvellous for winter. I will give Perfume Parlour a go definitely.

Reactions: 2
Pat McGrath lipsticks are down to a tenner today. I’ve bought a few to stick in with Christmas presents.

@PineappleQueen19 I used to have a crush on my dentist. Was far more thorough with my check ups when he was at the the surgery. It makes an unpleasant experience a little better.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
On the perfume chat I can’t vouch for perfume parlour (yet!) but I love the Soleil Blanc from Eden Perfumes. Like expensive sunscreen on hot sandy skin... in the best possible way. But have switched to Aura by Mugler for winter. I know it’s weird but I love it.
The shipping is 20 pounds to the US, more than the fragrance itself :(
ETA: I guess I need to CHANGE THE RATIO by buying more fragrance :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Exactly. On it's own the column is just a rather dry little piece to be skimmed briefly. It was definitely the comments that made it seem a bit more interesting and important than it was.
Agree I enjoyed kizbot and the knowledgeable La b!

Reactions: 1
Do you know when you are having the surgery? So good you get the results there and then without a worrying wait at home for days/weeks. My dad had skin cancer on his head (having a bald head and being a farmer out harvesting in sun for years didn't help) and went through the same with excellent results. To knit the wound afterwards they used seaweed patches which have amazing healing properties. All NHS too. Good luck!

I too love Eden Perfumes - I tried a Tom Ford one which I loved - sort of leather and bitter chocolate which was marvellous for winter. I will give Perfume Parlour a go definitely.
Thanks Jelly. I’m on the surgery wait list so no appointment date yet. But I don’t mind, it was the not knowing that was worrying me.

That is great news about your dad and so interesting about the seaweed patches. I will ask them.

I find the copycat perfume concept so interesting. On one hand I see the enormous amount of R&D brands put into developing fragrance, let alone marketing, and master perfumers are craftspeople who deserve to be recognised. On the other hand the markup on perfume is so huge it does feel like highway robbery sometimes when you learn the margins. There will always be a market for luxury offerings, of course, but on the whole if perfumes were priced at a fair/reasonable price there wouldn’t be such an appetite for good quality, fairly priced alternatives like perfume parlour. I imagine it’s another thing SH looks down her nose on.

The shipping is 20 pounds to the US, more than the fragrance itself :(
ETA: I guess I need to CHANGE THE RATIO by buying more fragrance :ROFLMAO:
Ask Eric to bring you one when he comes aknockin’ on your catflap

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm finding Sam Chapman's face pretty shocking, too. It's sad that all these people begin to look the same...and really quite odd.
All the influencers will soon have to wear a name tag, first the same sweaters, then getting their hair done at the same place, now the same facial features (I suppose they go the same doctor)...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hard to believe that's with thickening extensions. I have terribly fine, thin hair, but that is not selling me as a potential solution

It looks hacked into

Reactions: 4
It's wierd isn't it? They don't look awful or anything, just so boring,generic and strangely unsexy. Like Stepford Wives. Only they have actually elected to look like that, not had it forced on them by men. Yet I bet if they were asked to name their own icons (like SH did in Pretty Honest) the women they chose will have interesting individual looks with possibly (oh the horror) a line or wrinkle. They just don't seem to trust their own faces. They need some random doctor to tell them what is normal.

Last edited:
Yep, they don't look better, they just look "done". I don't get it personally

I don't like that heavily made up, flawless look though. I think it's boring

Yes and that flawless brittle look I don't think is at all youthful. So hard looking. I was watching a programme the other day with Helena Bonham Carter (a documentary - not acting) who obviously has not had her teeth done or I think has had work done (could be wrong but it doesn't look like it) and she is so beautiful. Her face is vivacious and mobile and utterly unique. I'm sure she must have had so much pressure to have a tweakment here and there. I'm so cross sometimes with bloody surgeons who see a woman's lovely face and instead of saying 'why the duck are you here?' actively encourage them to see something entirely normal as a surgical problem.

Kathy Burke did a programme a few months ago and visited a plastic surgeon. She asked him if he would want his wife to have it done - he said after her having children he offered to 'refresh' her face. Wtaf. Needless to say he was no oil painting. So bleeping Stepford Wives.

• Wow
Hi guys,

Ok, so for those of you who are familiar with Gothamista: for Christmas 2017 and 2018 she did a collaboration with a Korean skin care company to offer selected products at a discounted price.

She did the same thing this year but I didn’t find out in time so her box for this year has sold out. 😞However, if you click on the links below her video (you’ll need to open it up in YouTube for that) Wishtrend are offering the deals on her boxes from the previous two years. As I was gutted to have missed out on 2018’s box, I am chuffed that I have managed to snaffle it this year.

They’re doing free international shipping and if you subscribe to the newsletter, you can use WELCOME15 for 15% off.

I cannot wait to try the I’m from Rice toner water. It’s because I wasn’t able to get my hands on that last year that I bought the Body Shop one (which admittedly is very good).

I don’t get anything out of this (except beauty chat). I just thought you might like to know.

I FREAKING LOVE WISHTREND!

they carry a number of products that I keep repurchasing every BF, like the I’m from Honey mask. It really is a great shop.

I'm not generally a fan of Caitlin Moran at all but the other day I dug out my 'How to be a Woman' and I think she writes astonishingly well about tweakments/botox. How there really is no difference between botox done well or badly - in fact done well is even more insidious and depressing for the average woman taking influencers on trust.
From HTBAW:
'There is no such thing as 'subtly' looking dramatically and illogically much, much better than everyone else...women living in fear of aging, and pulling painful and expensive tricks to hide it from the world, does not say something amazing about us as human beings'.

And also to be fair to her she has not gone down the tweakments route - which would have been so incredibly easy and almost expected from her. And wierdly, she is about the same age as SH but I assumed she was much younger. So really tweakments (in my opinion) really don't automatically don't make you youthful. You can just start to look well-preserved, which is different. In danger of going down the 'Death becomes Her' route. And we thought that was a parody at the time 😂 .
As usual I am catching up late, as I seem to more actively avoid work than family time, but I completely agree with this. I think the preserved look is wrinkle free yet so ageing. I can totally empathise with the pressure not to age and the anxiety around it (who but the strongest of us is immune to that?), but tweakments don't result to my eye in a younger look. It's on a continuum with the preserved in vinegar look scientific specimens get when they've been in a jar since the 1850s. A lined, mobile face looks so much younger (and personal opinion of course but also nicer)

preserved in vinegar look scientific specimens get when they've been in a jar since the 1850s
:ROFLMAO:
It's like those perfectly round tits from the 90s and early 00s that were just bolted on.
It's interesting to see tweakments in real life, I mean those you can't "see" and those that don't translate well from Instagram to reality (which is a look on its own). How old we feel and how old we look often doesn't correspond, I'd love to get rid of my forehead lines, but I'm too afraid and not sure I could (at this time) afford the upkeep. Maybe that will change. And I suppose I couldn't do my telenovela antagonist eyebrow raise anymore which saves me a lot of time and words.

what is wishtrend?
Not @La Vida Es Un Tango , but it's a site that sells Korean beauty brands and now they have their own products. Haven't ordered from them, but have tried some brands they carry like COSRX and Klaris (which were pretty good). I always have a pack of COSRX pimple patches (the red label) on standby.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.