SacconeJolys #81 A new chapter added to Jono’s thriller, something’s got to pay for mommy’s filler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she only started driving when she was around 27???? A whole decade went by where she didn’t learn to drive? I can’t even fathom that? Like how has she gotten this far in life? So many deep rooted issues…..
i really don’t think it’s that much of an issue? I don’t drive. Here things are easily accessible and some people just don’t need to drive

• Heart
Reactions: 38
i really don’t think it’s that much of an issue? I don’t drive. Here things are easily accessible and some people just don’t need to drive
Agree with this I think the other poster is being quite judgey. I have epilepsy so I can’t drive but I don’t think driving is something that HAS to be done! Especially with the price on bloody petrol, insurance ect on top of all the other rising bills. Atm I’m spending less using public transport than all my friends who drive

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So she only started driving when she was around 27???? A whole decade went by where she didn’t learn to drive? I can’t even fathom that? Like how has she gotten this far in life? So many deep rooted issues…..
Why would she have needed to drive? She did not work, and Jonathan drives.
I don't see an issue with someone not having a license, if you don't have to drive there's no need.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Agree with this I think the other poster is being quite judgey. I have epilepsy so I can’t drive but I don’t think driving is something that HAS to be done! Especially with the price on bloody petrol, insurance ect on top of all the other rising bills. Atm I’m spending less using public transport than all my friends who drive
me too, I’m epileptic so had to stop driving just before I officially passed my test due to having a seizure. By the time I was told I can reapply to DVLA I realised I didn’t need a car. I can get around on foot or bus or train, we walk to my sons school and my work is 15 mins away. If we go away my partner drives and enjoys it. For us there’s no point paying for 2 cars when it’s not needed

• Heart
Reactions: 14
i understand we may not like anna and jonathan but shaming them for not doing something i.e. driving, is also shaming posters on here, both of them are lazy, but her not driving until 27 is completely okay. Most people’s jobs are in walking distance/ or easier to get public transport and they will most likely be with someone (parent or partner) who can drive them places, cars are only really for people who need to travel far, it’s unnecessary and takes up too much space if everyone had to drive the moment they turned 17

• Heart
Reactions: 17
me too, I’m epileptic so had to stop driving just before I officially passed my test due to having a seizure. By the time I was told I can reapply to DVLA I realised I didn’t need a car. I can get around on foot or bus or train, we walk to my sons school and my work is 15 mins away. If we go away my partner drives and enjoys it. For us there’s no point paying for 2 cars when it’s not needed
12 months seizure free is such a long time to be able to drive when epilepsy so I doubt I’ll ever drive! Least you’re getting the exercise walking so it’s a bonus 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
12 months seizure free is such a long time to be able to drive when epilepsy so I doubt I’ll ever drive! Least you’re getting the exercise walking so it’s a bonus 😂
yeah I was 11 months free then had another seizure, bloody typical 😂 takes its time with a condition like this. Even though I’m medicated I do fear every day if today will be a day I have a seizure. Hoping one day you’ll have the option to drive if you wish to do so 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8
US drivers find it hard to wrap their heads around not having a license, so I don't think it's being judgmental. We do not have buses, trains, etc. to get around. I literaly would literally have to walk an hour to go to the store to get groceries and then haul them back to the house and in the summer and spring, it's like 98 degrees outside. If you have a disability that is an entirely different reason not to drive. If that is the case you would need a family member to help you out. Gas is just something you factor into your bills and our prices are not as high as the UK.
As for Anal they don't need two cars, she should just drive the Tesla, but she's an idiot.
uk_usa_central_extract.png

• Heart
Reactions: 15
yeah I was 11 months free then had another seizure, bloody typical 😂 takes its time with a condition like this. Even though I’m medicated I do fear every day if today will be a day I have a seizure. Hoping one day you’ll have the option to drive if you wish to do so 🤞🏻
Omg 11 months that’s actually heartbreaking 😭😭😭 I’ve never even got close so I feel like I’ve never missed out in a way because it’s so far out of reach but to get that close I bet you were devastated!

Reactions: 3
Omg 11 months that’s actually heartbreaking 😭😭😭 I’ve never even got close so I feel like I’ve never missed out in a way because it’s so far out of reach but to get that close I bet you were devastated!
it was gutting! But now I’m ok with it. I’ve accepted it’s a part of me :)

Reactions: 2
And after 24 hours, they have only managed to secure 15k views, will be counting and taking note to see if they get lower!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My post was in reference to Anna, nobody on here. Please stop taking things so personally, it’s not about you, your own situations are a completely different matter.

I would never ever judge someone for not driving if they have a disability. This is Anna we are talking about.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
My post was in reference to Anna, nobody on here. Please stop taking things so personally, it’s not about you, your own situations are a completely different matter.

I would never ever judge someone for not driving if they have a disability. This is Anna we are talking about.
disability or not. It’s very common not to drive in the UK as there are other great alternatives and driving is expensive:)

• Heart
Reactions: 15

It's like people who get upset here when we laugh at Joan's height because they have a short husband. People need to stop finding things to get offended about.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
US drivers find it hard to wrap their heads around not having a license, so I don't think it's being judgmental. We do not have buses, trains, etc. to get around. I literaly would literally have to walk an hour to go to the store to get groceries and then haul them back to the house and in the summer and spring, it's like 98 degrees outside. If you have a disability that is an entirely different reason not to drive. If that is the case you would need a family member to help you out. Gas is just something you factor into your bills and our prices are not as high as the UK.
As for Anal they don't need two cars, she should just drive the Tesla, but she's an idiot. View attachment 1655039
Exactly. And especially if you live in the middle of nowhere it would take days if you didn’t have a car, you’d have to prepare to camp overnight on the journey. 🙄 I’ve never been outside of the US so I don’t know how things are over there or anywhere else but I would assume you would still need a vehicle to get around unless you live directly in a major city? When Anna was able to start driving she still lived in Ireland, how did they get around then? Did she ever live somewhere where she didn’t NEED to get her license? Did Jonathan just drive everywhere? Genuinely trying to understand. Furthermore it’s even more hard for me to wrap my head around it because it’s like a custom at least here anyways that getting your license is a major achievement and step towards adulthood and independence. Every single person I have ever known just couldn’t wait to start driving. It’s like a countdown to the day. It’s always been something to be celebrated here.

disability or not. It’s very common not to drive in the UK as there are other great alternatives and driving is expensive:)
She didn’t live in the UK when she was able to start driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Where they lived in Cork was very close to the city, and good bus links (if she used them).

Reactions: 9
Exactly. And especially if you live in the middle of nowhere it would take days if you didn’t have a car, you’d have to prepare to camp overnight on the journey. 🙄 I’ve never been outside of the US so I don’t know how things are over there or anywhere else but I would assume you would still need a vehicle to get around unless you live directly in a major city? When Anna was able to start driving she still lived in Ireland, how did they get around then? Did she ever live somewhere where she didn’t NEED to get her license? Did Jonathan just drive everywhere? Genuinely trying to understand. Furthermore it’s even more hard for me to wrap my head around it because it’s like a custom at least here anyways that getting your license is a major achievement and step towards adulthood and independence. Every single person I have ever known just couldn’t wait to start driving. It’s like a countdown to the day. It’s always been something to be celebrated here.

Ireland is part of the uk? Lol

So here for those that want to understand we have buses, underground (only few places), trains, taxis etc. it’s very easy to access any area within reasonable amount of time. For example in my home town there are 20 different bus routes to local towns and city’s, including to the shops, hospitals, schools and work places. If you work in the next town you can get trains within 15 minutes. I can even travel from here down south to up north within a few hours on the train. That’s probably why it’s not seen as such a big deal over here to drive in the US as I believe in the US you have driving as a subject in school to help those pass? We have nothing like that over here. Hope I’ve explained that well :)

Reactions: 10

I can't imagine that she needed to drive when she lived in Cork. I live in central Europe in a town with 35,000 people (that's way less than Cork) and never needed a car. Everything I need is in walking distance or I can easily reach it by bus/train. I've traveled a lot through Europe only using publich transportation and I never had a problem. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere or up on a mountain you can go a long way without a license. I know quite a few people who don't have one and no, they don't get driven around by friends and family. It isn't necessary.
And as I mentioned in a previous post. Getting a license is expensive and time consuming. Don't know about the UK or Ireland, but where I live it can cost up to 1,800 euro.
Europeans have a completely different mindset than the US when it comes to driving. I hope this helps you understand it a bit better.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.