SacconeJolys #81 A new chapter added to Jono’s thriller, something’s got to pay for mommy’s filler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Public transport in Dublin is appalling.

It's one of the things that most Irish residents, foreign nationals and tourists complain about.

EDIT: To say Dublin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Ireland is part of the uk? Lol

So here for those that want to understand we have buses, underground (only few places), trains, taxis etc. it’s very easy to access any area within reasonable amount of time. For example in my home town there are 20 different bus routes to local towns and city’s, including to the shops, hospitals, schools and work places. If you work in the next town you can get trains within 15 minutes. I can even travel from here down south to up north within a few hours on the train. That’s probably why it’s not seen as such a big deal over here to drive in the US as I believe in the US you have driving as a subject in school to help those pass? We have nothing like that over here. Hope I’ve explained that well :)
No. Only Northern Ireland is included in the UK. She did not live in Northern Ireland, therefore she did not live in the UK.
3FC708F5-2827-4745-AC25-4ECAAB082C6B.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Anna used to have her mum pick her and Emilia up to go to the park. She'd probably have a good whinge if there wasn't someone there to pick her up whenever she needed to go somewhere, which is why people kept doing it

Reactions: 17
No. Only Northern Ireland is included in the UK. She did not live in Northern Ireland, therefore she did not live in the UK. View attachment 1655834
Thank you, I was just about to comment that Ireland is not part of the UK!

Also, I live Northern Ireland and public transport is rubbish here compared England, I'm not sure what the rest of Ireland is like but I would definitely find it hard to get around without a car.

Reactions: 12
In the republic of Ireland it’s very different to the USA.

We don’t take driving lessons in school
It’s very expensive to learn to drive here and alot of insurance company’s don’t like to insure young/news drivers also insurance policy’s are not affordable for new drivers and can be in the thousands for the year. Which puts many off as they can’t afford , Plus the additional road tax which can range from a couple of hundred to over a thousand a year depending on the vehicle engine size/year you drive. Fuel is also very expensive so unless you have a good stable income having a car is not affordable in Ireland )

. If your car is over 4 years you will have nct checks too.
You also cannot drive alone either on a learner permit.

And then there’s the day to day wear and tear of the car and maintenance upkeep (services are not cheap) most lenders won’t allow you take out a car loan to buy a car that’s more then a few years old.

If you live in the city, outskirts or commuter towns we have great public transport which is more affordable then driving a car and it’s quicker due to bus dedicated driving lanes.
Most towns in Dublin are serviced by many different bus routes that go all over Dublin. Plus you have the luis tram line (depending on the side of the city you live) and dart lines too.

I do drive but when I have to go into the city to work I take the bus I can get there in less then 40 mins on the bus which would cost me approx €7 return
There are good deals for weekly/ monthly tickets/tax saver etc but I don’t be in the office all the time.
If I drove it could take me 90 mins and then the extortionate parking fees for the day in the city plus price of fuel and toll fees if using a tolled road I just couldn’t afford it.

I know I’m lucky to live in an area that has excellent public transport and some people have no choice but to drive.
I’m just trying to show the costs and reasons as to why a lot of people now don’t drive.

I assume Jonathan drove in Ireland, I think this isn't really a discussion about peoples' driving preferences, which ALL are valid. I think the heart of the issue is Anna has mega anxiety anytime she leaves the little 1-street radius of her home. In fact, they choose to isolate 99.9% of their lives Covid or not. Her children do not go for trips out of the home, for playdates or to museums. It's a stretch now that they are doing some activities like rugby and gym and now acting. Their family is incredibly sheltered. I think Anna has probably had an anxiety disorder manifesting in many ways for a long, long time. She makes a big deal about a Homesense run, she has issues.

Their new vlog has them getting haircuts out of their home, again. They don't even go into a grocery store. It's truly incredible.

• Heart

It’s very expensive to learn to drive here and alot of insurance company’s don’t like to insure young/news drivers also insurance policy’s are not affordable for new drivers and can be in the thousands for the year. Which puts many off as they can’t afford , Plus the additional road tax which can range from a couple of hundred to over a thousand a year depending on the vehicle engine size/year you drive. Fuel is also very expensive so unless you have a good stable income having a car is not affordable in Ireland )

And then there’s the day to day wear and tear of the car and maintenance upkeep (services are not cheap) most lenders won’t allow you take out a car loan to buy a car that’s more then a few years old.

If you live in the city, outskirts or commuter towns we have great public transport which is more affordable then driving a car and it’s quicker due to bus dedicated driving lanes.
Most towns in Dublin are serviced by many different bus routes that go all over Dublin. Plus you have the luis tram line (depending on the side of the city you live) and dart lines too.

I do drive but when I have to go into the city to work I take the bus I can get there in less then 40 mins on the bus which would cost me approx €7 return
There are good deals for weekly/ monthly tickets/tax saver etc but I don’t be in the office all the time.
If I drove it could take me 90 mins and then the extortionate parking fees for the day in the city plus price of fuel and toll fees if using a tolled road I just couldn’t afford it.

I know I’m lucky to live in an area that has excellent public transport and some people have no choice but to drive.
I’m just trying to show the costs and reasons as to why a lot of people now don’t drive.
I'm pretty sure the US doesn't have an NCT type test on their cars either. You can drive any cheap tit heap over there. Generally over here you will see good quality cars and they are not cheap.

Reactions: 4
It's really interesting to learn about other countries and how things work. It sucks that our country won't make an effort to try and implement different modes of transportation. Anal would hate it here because you drive everywhere and the only place to deliver groceries is Walmart. It's constant complaining from her with just about everything she does.

Stop shaving Andy's head, that woman made him practically bald on the sides. He'd be adorable with some length, like how E2's hair used to be. He looks like a giant toddler. Also, they need to take him back to the Dr. he still doesn't seem well and his nose is red around the edges. Allergy test your child Anal! He has an almost constant running of the nose.

I'm pretty sure the US doesn't have an NCT type test on their cars either. You can drive any cheap tit heap over there. Generally over here you will see good quality cars and they are not cheap.
In a lot of states, you have to pass a test for your car. In my state, you can drive a Walmart buggy.

Reactions: 11
If it helps to explain, I passed my test 10 years ago so figures will have changed since then.

I had around 35 driving lessons (over a year with 2 different instructors, the first wasn't very good) - which were £23 an hour, I had some 2 hour lessons also, and it was a bit cheaper if I bought them in 10's. So that's around £800 ish. Then I bought a 10 year old car that was another £2000. As I was 19, my insurance was expensive and so that was another £2000. Then I had my road tax which was £150, the theory test which was about £23 and the and then the practical test which was £60. My provisional licence was £30.

I spent around £5000 on that first year, purely to drive. That's excluding petrol. And where I live, I have 1 bus an hour to my local town, if it actually arrives.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
My post was in reference to Anna, nobody on here. Please stop taking things so personally, it’s not about you, your own situations are a completely different matter.

I would never ever judge someone for not driving if they have a disability. This is Anna we are talking about.
I think most people were just trying to explain the cultural difference and use experience of disability as an example of how it’s pretty easy to get around without a car in lots of the uk.

I’ll add that I’m a third person on this page of the thread alone who can’t drive due to seizures (clearly quite common, hey guys), and while it’s clear you aren’t criticising that directly it’s still odd to hear a blanket statement implying driving is universally necessary. When it’s just not for many people in the U.K. and internationally.

Reactions: 11
I think most people were just trying to explain the cultural difference and use experience of disability as an example of how it’s pretty easy to get around without a car in lots of the uk.

I’ll add that I’m a third person on this page of the thread alone who can’t drive due to seizures (clearly quite common, hey guys), and while it’s clear you aren’t criticising that directly it’s still odd to hear a blanket statement implying driving is universally necessary. When it’s just not for many people in the U.K. and internationally.
Hey to all my fellow epileptics!😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Completely agree! My youngest was 17 this year. She didn’t want driving lessons as she couldn’t afford to buy, insure and run a car if she passed her test. We only have one car which my husband needs for work. I walk to my job, or get the bus. Plus, driving lessons are so expensive, plus they’re still back logged due to covid! Interestingly, barely any of my daughters friends are having lessons, for the same reason

Reactions: 5
If it helps to explain, I passed my test 10 years ago so figures will have changed since then.

I had around 35 driving lessons (over a year with 2 different instructors, the first wasn't very good) - which were £23 an hour, I had some 2 hour lessons also, and it was a bit cheaper if I bought them in 10's. So that's around £800 ish. Then I bought a 10 year old car that was another £2000. As I was 19, my insurance was expensive and so that was another £2000. Then I had my road tax which was £150, the theory test which was about £23 and the and then the practical test which was £60. My provisional licence was £30.

I spent around £5000 on that first year, purely to drive. That's excluding petrol. And where I live, I have 1 bus an hour to my local town, if it actually arrives.
I've had driving lessons on and off for five years because I learned to drive a manual, but kept failing my theory test and all the knockbacks combined with the hustle and bustle of going to the city and into the building alone to take it were too much for me. Didn't drive for so long that I had to recap a lot, chose to go with automatic, got driving to test standard again, then Covid hit.

Post covid, lessons were suddenly £50 each. Post fuel/cost of living crisis, they're now nearing £60. Pricing an entire generation out of autonomy....people don't realise how many areas have public transport that's not worth having at all.....there's no bus to the large town with the nearest supermarket from my village!

Reactions: 7
So she only started driving when she was around 27???? A whole decade went by where she didn’t learn to drive? I can’t even fathom that? Like how has she gotten this far in life? So many deep rooted issues…..
I’m not really adding anything new to the discussion here but it’s really not a big deal depending on where you live, I’m 28 and don’t, have never needed to and haven’t gotten around to it but I do plan to start soon. Public transport is quicker to work, driving is soooo expensive with tax and insurance and everything for something it might be impractical to actually use. I don’t know a lot about Anna but I don’t think she’s ever lived in the countryside or anything has she?

I’m obviously not saying people who live in cities and towns don’t ever drive, just that it’s a necessity sometimes if you live somewhere spread out with no public transport and optional if it’s easy to get around where you live

My post was in reference to Anna, nobody on here. Please stop taking things so personally, it’s not about you, your own situations are a completely different matter.

I would never ever judge someone for not driving if they have a disability. This is Anna we are talking about.
It’s not just about disabilities though and you were speaking in general, Anna is a twit but her not driving until she was 27 isn’t a flaw, people aren’t biting back at you they’re just explaining why it’s normal in some places not to

It's like people who get upset here when we laugh at Joan's height because they have a short husband. People need to stop finding things to get offended about.
Politely explaining that things are different in different parts of the world isn’t getting offended 😂 the two of them have enough for us to criticise without sweeping statements about things that aren’t actually character flaws

Public transport in Dublin is appalling.

It's one of the things that most Irish residents, foreign nationals and tourists complain about.

EDIT: To say Dublin.
And still always quicker for me to get to work using transport than sit in traffic in a car, it’s shite but the bus lanes help in the morning haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Wow, their viewing figures are reallllyy bad now. They struggle to even make it to 20k. Last time they hit 100k was 2 months ago, when Emilia got tested. And then you'd have to go back another 2 months for the 'epic water balloon fight' (wonder who was watching that....) and then the day before that, '8 year old changes her name and gender'. I mean.. wow...

Wonder when their subs will drop again, can't be far off for them to lose another 10k.

Looks like E2 has an open sore on their top lip. Hope the impetigo didn’t spread!
Couldn’t tell if it was food or the lighting but A1 also seems to have a rash 😔

A2’s poor nose looks incredibly sore still, why can’t they blow or gently wipe the poor kids nose?

Also that tooth of E2’s looks to have gotten worse.

Cannot fathom how neglected the kids are 😔

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Ah yes, looks like they did not take this serious at all and now it's spread. I hope Anna and Jonathan get it worse than all four kids combined.

Ah yes, looks like they did not take this serious at all and now it's spread. I hope Anna and Jonathan get it worse than all four kids combined.
I think we all know the dramatics we’ll hear from Anna if she gets it. She’ll take to the bed for 10 days.

Reactions: 19

Road tax in Ireland is cheaper now as they base it on engine emissions. But on older cars it used to be on engine size. A few years ago I was paying €600 a year on bloody road tax and not a cent of it being spent on the actual roads.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.