SacconeJolys #3 Cold shower punishments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Louise Pentland won’t say anything as she’s part of Gleam. Probably why she deleted comments about it on her grid.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
So not one bigger insta star’ has said anything about this! People like Zoella, Louise pentland, joe Sugg, etc should be ashamed of themselves, even if they don’t directly condone them as parents they could say they don’t agree with it and it’s not something they would do!! They have a large audience who hopefully would take that on board, that’s the scary thing, people now thinking it’s a good form of discipline.
So are we to believe companies such as Gleam now have control of freedom of speech? With Papers not running stories because they are in bed together?
It shows how little intelligence or integrity these social media people have . Instead of thinking ‘this is terrible and I cannot be friends with these people’ they don’t think beyond how it effects them personally.

I know no one wants other people’s drama but when would these fellow content creators make a stand?

• Angry
Reactions: 12
British Psychological Society’s Media Ethics Advisory Group (BPS) have already done studies on effect of vlogging on kids involved but didn't find any valid reason to pressure for law change....
They might when the kids are older and we can see the psychological problems it has caused them with their whole lives being on the internet.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Has anyone contacted the Guardian yet? They’ve done pretty good articles on this industry before.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It shows how little intelligence or integrity these social media people have . Instead of thinking ‘this is terrible and I cannot be friends with these people’ they don’t think beyond how it effects them personally.

I know no one wants other people’s drama but when would these fellow content creators make a stand?
They wont dare say anything go to gleams website every single one of them all work for this company. It wouldnt be worth their while to speak out . Its a crazy business. It all just needs to stop in my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t like the fact we were led to believe C&D’s had been sent because of miscommunication 🤷‍♀️
Ditto, I don't like all these small accounts putting their noses into the drama and misleading. They often end up looking as bad as the account they were critical of.
I messaged Kelly and she confirmed she had messages from Gleam.
That sounds very suspect, because I know for a fact gleam don't get involved when trying to get stuff taken down it's done through another company.

It sounds like all people had is automatic notifications from Instagram as some people had reported it as bullying then it's been whipped up into something it never was.

Reactions: 9
British Psychological Society’s Media Ethics Advisory Group (BPS) have already done studies on effect of vlogging on kids involved but didn't find any valid reason to pressure for law change....
I seem to remember Prof Oates saying that nothing would change until there's some sort of crisis or accident involving children in vlogs.

I think the cold showers issue is enough of a crisis and can be used to leverage change in the industry.

Parliament is in recess at the moment but I will be bringing this to the attention of my MP.

I would also like to see some sort of credible campaign set up to counter the stranglehold that firms like Gleam have over the media. Without a credible public face we continue to have limited power.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Louise Pentland won’t say anything as she’s part of Gleam. Probably why she deleted comments about it on her grid.
No I know she won't. I said the girl who makes videos about her. I can't remember her name.

Just checked. It's a lady called Hadassah. She would be outraged I assume.

Reactions: 4
I know of a few Gleamers I follow, the Chapman women , Ruth Crilly , Mother Pukka.

They all have young (ish) children and I’m sure ( not 100%) they would not approve of this method of behaviour management.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Has anyone got a list of problematic things they have previously done? I am wondering if we should be contacting Angelika from YouTube and that other girl who does the videos on Tanya Burr, Louise and Zoe etc, she's a mum too so I imagine she'd be furious. They both have contact emails
You mean problem regarding children or generally speaking (i.e the threat card, the rape joke etc) ?

Reactions: 2
Ditto, I don't like all these small accounts putting their noses into the drama and misleading. They often end up looking as bad as the account they were critical of.

That sounds very suspect, because I know for a fact gleam don't get involved when trying to get stuff taken down it's done through another company.
Apologies. After double checking I asked if she had blocked the people sending her nasty messages and she said only the super fans and SJ gang and gleam.

She did say in her stories she tagged Gleam in the stories about the disciplining so maybe they messaged her?

Reactions: 2
NSPCC ambassador so clearly fighting child abuse is important to her....well, until it interferes with her earnings obviously. Pathetic.

Reactions: 23
[/QUOTE]
Do you think I can send NCSPP an email even if I don’t live in the UK?
i would assume so! It’s something THEY posted to the WORLD wide web. So wherever you’re based you have a right to be concerned!
Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

Reactions: 7
No I know she won't. I said the girl who makes videos about her. I can't remember her name.

Just checked. It's a lady called Hadassah. She would be outraged I assume.
You mean Hadassah studio? I’ve seen a few of her videos they’re very good. She shows evidence rather than just speculating.

Reactions: 5
I saw organised motherhoods story and understand what she said and why she will say no more, however I don’t get why she sees removal of that clip a success. She claims YouTube took it off or made the SJ’s take it off - I assumed they had done it to delete any evidence. Hard now for people to find the truth of what happened.
It’s a success as it now can’t be viewed by young impressionable people who may think that behaviour is ok. The majority of the people who watch their videos I would assume are young people who are our next generation of parents which scares me a lot!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.