SacconeJolys #3 Cold shower punishments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it is terrifying that in this day and age people are still not allowed to speak out and raise concerns about child abuse.
It was thought that lessons had been learned by all the scandals with famous people abusing children e.g. Jimmy Saville. These were swept under the carpet for so long because people had money and fame and could get away with it.
Yet even now, especially with YouTubers, it seems they are able to get away with some awful things and escape any real consequences. I am sickened by all the brands and other YouTubers who still work with and follow this family despite the recent situation.
They CANNOT backtrack on what they told the world they do to their children. We all saw it.
People talking about it should not be silenced. A culture that allows this sort of discussion to be silenced is a culture where children are still being abused and people with money can pay to make it go away.
I am very worried about this family and stopped watching them years ago as I just had a bad feeling about them and the cold shower punishments confirm my thoughts. I am also worried about the Ingham's and the dad especially who sent sexual messages to 16 year old girls and has a young teenage step daughter. It's horrible to think what might be going on behind the scenes.
Well done Tattlers for continuing to speak out👏👏

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I wonder if Stacey Dooley is aware of this as she was making a documentary featuring them.
Stacey Dooley is as hard hitting as Ross Kemp; 🙄it’s looks like they’re being tough and intrepid but they’re being looked after by a well ‘ard team with toast and coffee for afters.

Louis Theroux would be more inquisitive.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Louise Pentland deleted comments about the abuse despite being an 'NSPCC Ambassador'. Why? Because she has the same PR Company as them. Along with Zoella, Mrs Hinch and the likes. Gleam, the PR Company are very pally with the Daily Mail. This is why they haven't picked it up.
I imagine louise is in quite a dilemma over this one.. She cannot say anything against saccone joly or risk upsetting gleam who she has been with since day one but also she is a mother and an NSPCC embassordor and herself a victim of abuse in her childhood. If I was her I know which side of the fence I would be on and it wouldn't be gleam/saccone this is far to big an issue to remain silent on and I really wish someone big in the YouTube/Instagram world would stand up and be counted and condemn this.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I imagine louise is in quite a dilemma over this one.. She cannot say anything against saccone joly or risk upsetting gleam who she has been with since day one but also she is a mother and an NSPCC embassordor and herself a victim of abuse in her childhood. If I was her I know which side of the fence I would be on and it wouldn't be gleam/saccone this is far to big an issue to remain silent on and I really wish someone big in the YouTube/Instagram world would stand up and be counted and condemn this.
Louise ignoring it because she is a fellow Gleamer and such just says everything about Louise for me. She has gone on about being abused as a child so often, how it’s affected relationships with family, and has clearly affected her throughout life.

Her failing to even acknowledge the issue properly and question whether it is an appropriate method of parenting, and calling it out as abusive just makes her look even worse. She should be shouting loudest because she knows what it is like to be abused. Any scrap of respect I had left for Louise, and there wasn’t a lot left in the first place, has well and truly gone.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
Louise ignoring it because she is a fellow Gleamer and such just says everything about Louise for me. She has gone on about being abused as a child so often, how it’s affected relationships with family, and has clearly affected her throughout life.

Her failing to even acknowledge the issue properly and question whether it is an appropriate method of parenting, and calling it out as abusive just makes her look even worse. She should be shouting loudest because she knows what it is like to be abused. Any scrap of respect I had left for Louise, and there wasn’t a lot left in the first place, has well and truly gone.
^ this

I’ve just unfollowed her. These people would sell their souls

• Heart
Reactions: 20
After jimmy saville et al, if I was gleam I’d be slighting pooing myself ... if any social services / nspcc get involved and decree it was a form of child abuse, where does that leave them for supporting the SJs and allegedly trying to cover it up with mass delete fest

This is actually making me think this could be a catalyst moment for the industry

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I have managed to get in contact with one youtuber about this - so someone is aware. I don't know if they will do or say anything. I will keep you updated

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
These disgusting excuses for human beings weren't even on my radar before this site. What can I say? An utterly barbaric way to treat a child, and there are people out there not seeing a single thing wrong with it! Scary as duck

Reactions: 8
I think it is terrifying that in this day and age people are still not allowed to speak out and raise concerns about child abuse.
It was thought that lessons had been learned by all the scandals with famous people abusing children e.g. Jimmy Saville. These were swept under the carpet for so long because people had money and fame and could get away with it.
Yet even now, especially with YouTubers, it seems they are able to get away with some awful things and escape any real consequences. I am sickened by all the brands and other YouTubers who still work with and follow this family despite the recent situation.
They CANNOT backtrack on what they told the world they do to their children. We all saw it.
People talking about it should not be silenced. A culture that allows this sort of discussion to be silenced is a culture where children are still being abused and people with money can pay to make it go away.
I am very worried about this family and stopped watching them years ago as I just had a bad feeling about them and the cold shower punishments confirm my thoughts. I am also worried about the Ingham's and the dad especially who sent sexual messages to 16 year old girls and has a young teenage step daughter. It's horrible to think what might be going on behind the scenes.
Well done Tattlers for continuing to speak out👏👏
It’s disturbing the way people are being silenced like this

Reactions: 8
So not one bigger insta star’ has said anything about this! People like Zoella, Louise pentland, joe Sugg, etc should be ashamed of themselves, even if they don’t directly condone them as parents they could say they don’t agree with it and it’s not something they would do!! They have a large audience who hopefully would take that on board, that’s the scary thing, people now thinking it’s a good form of discipline.
So are we to believe companies such as Gleam now have control of freedom of speech? With Papers not running stories because they are in bed together?

It's scary to think that there are people who work for these companies who are not staying 'no, this is something that we cannot represent'.

Reactions: 4
There is a petition on change.org. I'm not sure if people view a petition as good or bad but the more people that speak up the better.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.