RVK_Loves #33 not to worry my husband still earns 10 times more than you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im sorry but his nails and hands are bleeping RANK! What is WRONG with these bleeping people? Her whole family, & his actually, must be skanky as hell to think that’s ok. I would not let those filthy hands cradle MY baby’s head. No way. Yuk. Gross.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Love this post from an IGer I know follows BB.
I think social media has enforced the movement ‘Keeping up with Jones’. It’s constant showing off and trying to out-do one another.
As a mother, I’m feeling this more than ever with the summer holidays. It’s so unhealthy 😞
We can easily forget that when it comes to kids, it’s the simple things that please the most.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
Love this post from an IGer I know follows BB.
I think social media has enforced the movement ‘Keeping up with Jones’. It’s constant showing off and trying to out-do one another.
As a mother, I’m feeling this more than ever with the summer holidays. It’s so unhealthy 😞
We can easily forget that when it comes to kids, it’s the simple things that please the most.
Yep, some of my favourite memories as s child was 'going for a drive' in the evening with mum and dad. They'd always drive down country lanes and pretend we were really lost, 5 year old me found this the most thrilling adventure. They'd make up stories about how they got lost once and had to survive for days in the wilderness and I would always get excited that this might happen to me 😂. Sometimes the drives would end at the drive thru for a mcflurry and sometimes not but either way I loved those 'adventures'. Like you say, the simplest things please small children, as parents you just need a bit of imagination. Clearly Grabby lacks any of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yep, some of my favourite memories as s child was 'going for a drive' in the evening with mum and dad. They'd always drive down country lanes and pretend we were really lost, 5 year old me found this the most thrilling adventure. They'd make up stories about how they got lost once and had to survive for days in the wilderness and I would always get excited that this might happen to me 😂. Sometimes the drives would end at the drive thru for a mcflurry and sometimes not but either way I loved those 'adventures'. Like you say, the simplest things please small children, as parents you just need a bit of imagination. Clearly Grabby lacks any of this.
That's such a lovely post. I remember doing similar with my parents. Sometimes a day out would cost pennies but the memories still bring a smile to my face.

Reactions: 13
That's such a lovely post. I remember doing similar with my parents. Sometimes a day out would cost pennies but the memories still bring a smile to my face.
Your parents sound amazing! I think Grabby lacks the imagination for this. If it’s not on Pinterest it’s not going to happen.

The thing is this would mean nothing to grabby as she is not driving hours or flying anywhere for her children. It’s all for her and her grid. Sad as it sounds I think it is true.

• Heart
One of the best quotes I’ve heard said kids NEED to be bored, it does them good. I agree with this. I put so much pressure on myself when mine were little and it’s not worth it! If they ever said they were bored I’d remind them of what they have! I used to get bored in the 80’s and I’ve turned out (reasonably) ok 😂

I’ve just been sad enough to count through the likes on the latest grid post.. just under 100! How is she classed as an influencer?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
One of the best quotes I’ve heard said kids NEED to be bored, it does them good. I agree with this. I put so much pressure on myself when mine were little and it’s not worth it! If they ever said they were bored I’d remind them of what they have! I used to get bored in the 80’s and I’ve turned out (reasonably) ok 😂
Exactly. Kids need to be left to just 'be' and use their own imagination at times. I'm an ex teacher and I've watched some kids just flounder when the parents aren't around to do all their thinking for them.

Reactions: 7
The thing is this would mean nothing to grabby as she is not driving hours or flying anywhere for her children. It’s all for her and her grid. Sad as it sounds I think it is true.
Absolutely this. I don't think she gives two shits about entertaining the children, all of these trips are to indulge her and and her unhealthy obsession with seasonal grid colour transitions, as well as to show off about how 'well' she is coping as as a mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A friend of mine asked me round her for a cuppa when her eldest was about two. I got round there and she insisted that we both sat at the table with the two year old and played with the play dough with her. She had a repair man coming and wanted me to baby sit whilst she showed him what needed doing. This was in her own house and she refused to leave the toddler on her own for a while to play. I left after half an hour, after making her a cuppa. Children do need to play independently, we won't always be there.

• Wow
Exactly. Kids need to be left to just 'be' and use their own imagination at times. I'm an ex teacher and I've watched some kids just flounder when the parents aren't around to do all their thinking for them.
Christ really?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.