RVK_Loves #27 Baby’s mum is styling the seasons, his cot's on the landing for various reasons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In a sense yes, I think she did. The old house captured a trend and did it reasonably well and the holidays at the time must have caught people's attention. Something must have worked as she was able to build a following and let's be honest, it wasn't all bots.
But effort was only put in for a short time and the trends that did well for her soon passed. Her kitchen or very similar is the same as about 70% of the home accounts I once followed. They have wrecked the garden and Freya's room was Orphanage Chic. So yes briefly she had 'something' but has made no effort to keep it up.
I agree, I originally followed for the old house and the holiday photos were definitely something as well. I had my baby at the same time as Freya and although I’d already got annoyed by her ad antics at that point she did post nice pictures of her baby. Now they look rushed with no thought and Freya looks a mess.

The artist formally known as Hunters and Heels would never have posted a scruffy looking child, everything about her feed (although insane and not aspirational to me) looks polished.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes I agree - when I started following her about 4 years ago I thought the house and garden were lovely and her photos were much, much better. I think having Freya has completely overwhelmed her and she’s lost her gloss, I also think money is a problem, for some reason their resources seem strained. Keeping up the facade of a dreamy life is crumbling and baby no 2 is only going to put more strain on her.
You've summed this up perfectly. I don't know how she'll cope with another baby, when she's not coping now. Both her and the house are falling apart. It's Grabby chic and it's getting worse.

Reactions: 11
I'm not sure she had "gloss" as such, but I think she was on Instagram before it really exploded and there were identikit kitchens/bathrooms/bedrooms galore. I was never really that interested in the holidays as they seemed quite boring, but her days out looked pretty, and I did like her previous house as they seemed up upcycle lots of things and had a balance of new/good quality and {as she would say} flea market finds. However, if you follow her for a year, youve kind of seen it all - same photos of the house, same days out, same staged pictures. I do think the size and the speed at which they renovated the new house completely overwhelmed her and she went safe and bland. When you wake up and realise her whole life is planned around capturing moments for instagram, then you can't unsee it. And other accounts have come along and are way more savvy in keeping up to trend and using the tools Instagram has, and she has been left in the dust. It pains me to say, but for instance, TSN, who was a wannabe Grabby clone, has now come into her own with her floristry posts and using stories/lives, and seems to have found her niche {albeit she bought half her followers hence why she has hit her 1000k}. I think one of the reasons is the other people want/need to make a living out of social media, so treat it like an actual job, Grabby doesn't know the meaning of having to work so comes across half arsed and doesn't really seem to have the resilience to deal with a life online. She won't be going anywhere this year as travel overseas seems to be given the kybosh, so her content is going to become increasingly boring. I note she is with this new agency so I foresee more ads from her {I think she is working up to "bigger" campaigns🤔} and what with the plywood monstrosities I wonder whether all is as it once was at Dusty Towers?

Reactions: 17
I think her inability to speak on ads and stories will ultimately hinder any ambitions to do big ad campaigns ... after the M&S fiasco.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She's doing a giveaway with thomling? I don't care enough to name it properly toys with the crappy overpriced plywood structures. She teamed up with at home with rose for it.

I really used to like rose. I started a home account just before the pandemic for me to feel better about my house and she started to follow and speak to me.. Now she's gone down in my estimations. Just someone else wanting to have everything free.

Reactions: 7
I really used to like rose. I started a home account just before the pandemic for me to feel better about my house and she started to follow and speak to me.. Now she's gone down in my estimations. Just someone else wanting to have everything free.
I feel a bit the same -it feels like her entire house is freebies! She’s been gifted an INSANE amount of stuff. Dining tables, outdoor garden furniture, sofas, shutters in 4 rooms now, pikler triangle, loads of Cotswold Co stuff... and that’s just the ‘big ticket’ items!! Not to mention all the little bits and pieces she gets from independent homeware shops. It’s kinda sickening when you think about it.

HOWEVER.... I can’t help but like her as she does seem like a genuinely nice lady, and a great mum. I followed her and she was nice enough to follow back, she’s commented on my photos in the past, I’ve also DMed her to ask her where things are from and she’s always taken the time to reply to me. And she actually posts things that are useful, like mum hacks and her snack stories. In other words, she puts the effort in!! Unlike Grabatha “no DMs please!!” Her home is beautiful in a classic way - you can see it’s a family home first and foremost, but still styled nicely. And she’s made the effort to keep up with Instagram trends like doing talking stories and reels (although her reels are criiiiiinge 🙈😂) She strikes me as just a normal mum, not trying to be something she’s not, who’s struck lucky with the big brands. And let’s face it, if we’re completely honest, how many of us would say no if big brands offered to chuck thousands of pounds of (high quality) free stuff at us? I know I wouldn’t 🙈😂😂😂 But then I CBA to make Instagram my job so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Just caught up... those photos of “Fran Frah” on the grid 🤦🏼‍♀️ Is that food around her mouth? (That beige looking bit to the right of her mouth?) Or is that eczema? Either way, sort it out grabs! Poor Freya constantly looks a scruff!! I feel sorry for her when she starts school and these photos are dragged out with her looking like she’s got a mullet. How hard is it to brush her hair and put a clip in? 🙄

Reactions: 10
I think she’s incapable of hair care as she doesn’t do it for herself. The other day you could see a view of the back of her head when she did a mirror bump selfie and it was obvious she hadn’t brushed her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Freya has had her best morning EVER walking a dog and sniffing snowdrops. So lucky to capture that weren’t you grabs? It’s almost as if you told her to do it(!) 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think for me, it was looking at her travel blogs for inspiration on particular destinations, I think it was Western Australia, and there was absolutely nothing inspirational or aspirational there. Zero culture, just endless beaches and gelato which to be honest I have on my (rather chillier Scottish) doorstep.

Nothing in her travel blogs makes me want to go to any of the places she visits. For someone with the opportunities she has had to travel so widely and not on a budget, at a young age, its very sad she hasn't made the most of that.

I didn’t follow her while she was in her old home but I’ve looked back at her photos after joining here. I must be the only one to think her old house was a bit meh! I think I started to follow her as at the time I quite liked her current home/interiors. And I do still like some of it (though what have they done to that garden from the pic in her stories 😳)
I can remember my turning point was the infamous gender reveal on the beach 🤦🏽‍♀️ Horrendous. And my daughter is a few days older than Fray fray and it actually got my back up after spending our own hard earned £££ on buggy, cot etc to sit and watch #gift after #gift after #gift. I started paying a bit more attention to her (in a ruffled feathered kind of way 😂) and started to see her true personality coming through in posts. A lot of the passive aggression and spoilt little girl that we all know so well! And I am kind of addicted now in a way to see what car crash she comes up with each day!
I think I have read on here she gained a vast amount of her followers from Rock my style. And she appears to have bought some also. But I think her account is so beige and vanilla it actually just fades into the background on many peoples accounts. There is nothing to stand out to actually make people consider unfollowing. Or not enough to make a difference anyway. But surely she knows it’s not going to get any better. Any ad she does has the fewest likes. She makes no effort at all. That Mr Men thing was not even clear what it was about. I am shocked companies actually hand money over for her supposed efforts.

Reactions: 18
I feel a bit the same -it feels like her entire house is freebies! She’s been gifted an INSANE amount of stuff. Dining tables, outdoor garden furniture, sofas, shutters in 4 rooms now, pikler triangle, loads of Cotswold Co stuff... and that’s just the ‘big ticket’ items!! Not to mention all the little bits and pieces she gets from independent homeware shops. It’s kinda sickening when you think about it.

HOWEVER.... I can’t help but like her as she does seem like a genuinely nice lady, and a great mum. I followed her and she was nice enough to follow back, she’s commented on my photos in the past, I’ve also DMed her to ask her where things are from and she’s always taken the time to reply to me. And she actually posts things that are useful, like mum hacks and her snack stories. In other words, she puts the effort in!! Unlike Grabatha “no DMs please!!” Her home is beautiful in a classic way - you can see it’s a family home first and foremost, but still styled nicely. And she’s made the effort to keep up with Instagram trends like doing talking stories and reels (although her reels are criiiiiinge 🙈😂) She strikes me as just a normal mum, not trying to be something she’s not, who’s struck lucky with the big brands. And let’s face it, if we’re completely honest, how many of us would say no if big brands offered to chuck thousands of pounds of (high quality) free stuff at us? I know I wouldn’t 🙈😂😂😂 But then I CBA to make Instagram my job so 🤷🏼‍♀️
I used to follow HWR but I couldn’t cope with the relentless ads and gifted stuff. Accepting so much stuff is surely the antithesis of the sustainable living she mentions in her bio.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know Grabby, have you?! Why not check before posting???? 🤯
That deck come summer house, come pergola looks truly atrocious, some might say chavtastic, all that stark white! Not inspiring at all!
I love the way she says lockdown is a perfect excuse to sort the garden, but she obviously does duck all. She could easily lose a few hours in the garden tidying up while Freya played. She seems so reliant on benpeado. It’s not healthy but there is nothing healthy about their set up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.