RVK Loves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry “We turned a work day into a date afternoon/evening”

Was the “work” going to see M&S new season event???

I’d love to see the face of an NHS nurse when you told them that was work 🤷🏻‍♀️
And that work day isn’t marked as #ad!

Has anyone read her latest blog post?
I actually defended her on her Instagram early pregnancy and now I feel agitated I’ve just had a baby And her latest blog frustrates me she’s wrote a shoppingn list of newborn essentials but has been gifted -
- snuzpod
- Breast pump
- car seat
- pushchair
-baby rocker
- High chair
- cot mattress
- muslins
Maybe I’m bitter that me and my husband had to work and save for everything and they can quite clearly afford al of that but just got given it all 😩🙄
Did you notice how some was purchased second hand 🙄🤷🏼‍♀️😱

Yes! Literally just read it and the first thing that came to mind was that all the big ticket items (pram, snuzpod, stokkee trip trap, car seat, medela breast pump to name but a few!) have been gifted, the mid range item (the ergobaby 360) was bought by her mum, and all she’s bought herself are the £10-20 items like Ewan the dream sheep, muslins, and a mattress protector 🙄 Big deal love!! And then she says she bought the bath seat and sleepyhead second hand off a friend. Now, I’m all for a preloved bargain but bloody hell, I thought she loved to brag how “lady, my husband earns more in a year than yours does in ten” - could he not afford to pay full price for a bath seat?! They’re like £20 on Amazon! Or maybe you could use all the thousands you’ve saved from #gift to buy yourself a new sleepyhead? 🤔🤦🏼‍♀️🙄
This 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Yes all the stuff that regular joes have to work and save for were gifted and then the smaller stuff she says she bought second hand but I’m not sure on that one maybe saving face?
Either way normally things don’t bother me marks and spencer gift her Easter eggs I don’t care in the slightest but when she’s just being given these top of the range products yet she’s already been away to California and the Maldives this year..
But she’s bought a second hand bath seat I don’t think so 🙄

So what does today’s work day entail ......

Watching husband build decking ✅

Write blog post so many are asking her for on what she has managed to blag for the baby ✅

She will be shattered later folks that I can tell you and I mean who wouldn’t be after that

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ij
She couldn’t possibly work. Oh no(!) Too much stress for our RVK. She posted that she ‘didn’t want to commute every day’. Jesus wept 🙄 I’d love to know what ‘the girls’ think of their freeloading mate
"commute every day"? Do the people of Hertfordshire not require law advice?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just had a good read through all the past comments....

1) The 15 year old dating a 25 year old thing is just plain ODD. Also, I can’t help but think were her parents okay with it because they knew he had the money to keep her in the lifestyle she was accustomed to? Would they have been so understanding if he was a waiter in a local restaurant, or doing admin in an office for 18k a year? 🤔

and 2) when she comes on here to defend herself she says it isn’t like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth or a trust fund, yet I followed her years back when she’s was in her old house and planning her wedding. She was featured in ideal home magazine, which tells you how much someone has paid for their house, and she said in the magazine that when they bought the house there was issue with getting the mortgage quickly enough, so her parents bought the house for her IN CASH for £311,000 until they could sort the mortgage out. I’m sorry, but how many people do you know whose parents have got a spare 300k sitting about? 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Yes all the stuff that regular joes have to work and save for were gifted and then the smaller stuff she says she bought second hand but I’m not sure on that one maybe saving face?
Either way normally things don’t bother me marks and spencer gift her Easter eggs I don’t care in the slightest but when she’s just being given these top of the range products yet she’s already been away to California and the Maldives this year..
But she’s bought a second hand bath seat I don’t think so 🙄
Anything she received where she has a previous paid relationship with should be an ad. That’s consumer protection around advertising.

It’s a phenomenal amount of expensive stuff and it makes me feel quite sad that new mums may think that some of this stuff is essential - it is not. She’s in for a massive shock if she thinks a sleepyhead is going to magically make her baby sleep on schedule. So much stuff bought weeks and weeks before the baby is due - do people really do this? It’s crazy.

As an aside, every affiliate link is an AD (that’s a slam dunk for ASA) and if you have a mix of affiliate and non affiliate links then you need to identify the AD ones separately. Oh and also, if you feature gifted stuff then of course the post is sponsored - featuring them in a list of newborn must haves is exactly what the brand wants to happen.

Reactions: 3

1) The 15 year old dating a 25 year old thing is just plain ODD. Also, I can’t help but think were her parents okay with it because they knew he had the money to keep her in the lifestyle she was accustomed to? Would they have been so understanding if he was a waiter in a local restaurant, or doing admin in an office for 18k a year? 🤔

and 2) when she comes on here to defend herself she says it isn’t like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth or a trust fund, yet I followed her years back when she’s was in her old house and planning her wedding. She was featured in ideal home magazine, which tells you how much someone has paid for their house, and she said in the magazine that when they bought the house there was issue with getting the mortgage quickly enough, so her parents bought the house for her IN CASH for £311,000 until they could sort the mortgage out. I’m sorry, but how many people do you know whose parents have got a spare 300k sitting about? 😳
Not many people. We were able to put close to $500,000 ($300,000) down on our house. The only reason we could though is that my husband worked his ass off as an expat and saved a lot of his money as we didn't have bills to cover, etc, as expats.

It’s a phenomenal amount of expensive stuff and it makes me feel quite sad that new mums may think that some of this stuff is essential - it is not. She’s in for a massive shock if she thinks a sleepyhead is going to magically make her baby sleep on schedule. So much stuff bought weeks and weeks before the baby is due - do people really do this? It’s crazy.

As an aside, every affiliate link is an AD (that’s a slam dunk for ASA) and if you have a mix of affiliate and non affiliate links then you need to identify the AD ones separately. Oh and also, if you feature gifted stuff then of course the post is sponsored - featuring them in a list of newborn must haves is exactly what the brand wants to happen.

Aha! I’ve found it! If you view her blog post ‘the day ideal home came to visit’ there’s photos of the magazine article you can zoom in to read. So no trust fund, just a 311k cash injection! 🙈

That’s exactly my thoughts on the ads irrespective of the price or size of item. Its dreadful what “influencers/advertisers” are currently doing. And to tar people like us who genuinely care about consumer protections as Jealous is so off the mark

Aha! I’ve found it! If you view her blog post ‘the day ideal home came to visit’ there’s photos of the magazine article you can zoom in to read. So no trust fund, just a 311k cash injection! 🙈
It will no doubt be deleted or edited soon!

Ij

"commute every day"? Do the people of Hertfordshire not require law advice?
Exactly. Maybe even that would’ve been too much stress for her 🙄

They also helped with her current house. Another problem with the mortgage....During a Q&A on Instagram a few years ago she said she was able to buy that house as Ben is a property developer and they’d made money of their flat......hmmmmmmm 🤔 I followed her when she had 2k followers and she gave so much away at the beginning

I'm glad you've said this. I'm fairly new to the whole affiliate links thing so am I correct in thinking the pink links from that post will be aff links? Because in that case it reads like one giant ad. She could at least have had a picture of every item so you didn't have to click a link to see it.

Exactly. Maybe even that would’ve been too much stress for her 🙄

They also helped with her current house. Another problem with the mortgage....During a Q&A on Instagram a few years ago she said she was able to buy that house as Ben is a property developer and they’d made money of their flat......hmmmmmmm 🤔 I followed her when she had 2k followers and she gave so much away at the beginning
Whenever anyone says they had a problem with the mortgage in these circumstances I always wonder if it’s becaude of dodgy tax arrangements. No reason why they’d have a problem if her hubby is earning so much and declaring it

Reactions: 5

This is exactly why I said she should be donating her gifted bugaboo to a family who couldn’t ever afford one, and she didn’t like it.

It puts such an immense pressure on mums to be to have all these things, all of which aren’t cheap! When we were expecting, we saved and budgeted everything for him. It can be so expensive.

It really pisses me off when people who CAN afford it don’t need to buy it. It really, really grates on me.

Whenever anyone says they had a problem with the mortgage in these circumstances I always wonder if it’s becaude of dodgy tax arrangements. No reason why they’d have a problem if her hubby is earning so much and declaring it
I’m not even sure he’d be able to get a mortgage on a house that cost 900k. Maybe she thought her ‘job’ as an influencer would keep the bank happy seeing as they’re so strict with lending these days 😆

so I went to read the Ideal Home Post but fell down the wedding and engagement posts too. The whole 'How he proposed' post is just bafflingly cringe. So the reason she decided to get married was Pinterest? Romantic fool.
Plus they booked everything two years in advance but weren't engaged? WHO DOES THAT?

View attachment 11617 so I went to read the Ideal Home Post but fell down the wedding and engagement posts too. The whole 'How he proposed' post is just bafflingly cringe. So the reason she decided to get married was Pinterest? Romantic fool.
Plus they booked everything two years in advance but weren't engaged? WHO DOES THAT?
People that are control freaks. Writing things down on an envelope and dating it doesn’t work in all sectors 😂

Phew....off again next week to tiptoe through the tulips. Was getting a bit worried for her, she's only had 1 trip away to Soho Farmhouse since coming back from The Maldives 4 weeks ago.

I love how she seems to think no one works on the weekend, "hope you're looking forward to the weekend" etc said every Friday.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.