RVK Loves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never posted here before, but the ridiculous comment about every job having perks has literally made my blood boil! What a silly spoilt little brat she is. Utterly out of touch with the real world. Found her latest post embarrassing to read. Sadly she is surrounded by sycophants when she needs someone to tell her how it really is!

Reactions: 6
"How would I find or choose a disadvantaged family to give a Bugaboo to? That would be incredibly patronising and unrealistic."... so we just kept it all for ourselves.

You have enough money to take a once in a life time trip every other month and fanny around all day with expensive bed sheets and flowers and call it work. But god forbid you actually had to try and do something for someone else.

In what capacity could offering your free pram to a needy charity or woman's shelter or donating some of the money you were happy to spend on one be considered patronising when a) you were offered several prams and b) you were literally sat there with the money waiting to buy it anyway.

And no, "huge perk to my job but there are perks to all jobs" is just not true at all and just highlights how incredibly detached you really are from reality.

There are thousands stuck on zero hours contracts or working 60 hour weeks on minimum wage to try and scrape enough together to support their family with absolutely no perks at all.

I find incredibly 'patronising and unrealistic' that she expects those people to happily sit and watch her fill her house with freebies she can afford when she gloates on twitter about how much her husband earns compared to others.

And most importantly, the main reason people have an issue with this kind of thing is, as she describes in the post, her job is an 'influencer'.

A girl in an incredibly privileged position who does not live in the real world and isn't afraid to gloat about it, is majorly cashing in and living off freebies with the sole intention of making others feel like their life won't be 'goals' unless they have all of these things.

That's how the whole marketing and influencer industry works. Influencing people less fortunate into thinking their life should look like RVK and they should have all these expensive things, flash car, big house, crazy amount of holidays when that just isn't real life at all.

It's just dirty advertising that can have such a serious impact on people's mental health and self esteem when they don't realise these people are living off hand outs just to make you feel like you should spend your hard earned money on the things that they wouldn't.

Reactions: 7
And most importantly, the main reason people have an issue with this kind of thing is, as she describes in the post, her job is an 'influencer'.

A girl in an incredibly privileged position who does not live in the real world who isn't afraid to gloat about it, is majorly cashing in and living off freebies with the sole intention of making others feel like their life won't be 'goals' unless they have all of these things.

That's how the whole marketing and influencer industry works. Influencing people less fortunate into thinking their life should look like RVK and they should have all these expensive things, flash car, big house, crazy amount of holidays when that just isn't real life at all.

It's just dirty advertising that can have such a serious impact on people's mental health and self esteem when they don't realise these people are living off hand outs just to make you feel like you should spend your hard earned money on the things that they wouldn't.
Exactly this.

I said this in my comment on her blog. She is portraying the type of motherhood where you easily have accessibility to all the top products. A medala Breast pump. If she doesn’t use it no loss to her - for the first time mum then that’s £160+ wasted. She’s so out of touch and her upper class wannabe privaledge stinks.

Who’s offered 5 prams? I highly doubt she would have chosen the fox, bugaboo are on a giveaway with it because lily pebbles surprisingly has a bugaboo Fox given too!

Reactions: 3
That’s it in a nutshell isn’t it. She’s chosen a career that is pinned on others being less fortunate than her, hoping that they will spend money that’s been earned as a result of a real job in order to try and buy into a piece of her life.

It’s so contrived it’s unreal. Her feed is a unrealistic catalogue. There is nothing ‘normal’ at all and it’s very damaging.

How she can think going on luxury holidays most months whilst owning a massive house, with a big flashy car and expensive interiors is normal.

There is nothing humble about her at all

Also surprise - my comment hasn’t been published on the blog post. She may aswell talk to her boring white walls for all the ‘conversation’ she’s interested in

Reactions: 1
She blocked me from insta a long while ago because I dared suggest her job was to sell things to people.

She’s very immature

Reactions: 2
T👏A👏K👏E 👏A👏B👏O👏W👏!!!

This is exactly it. Your ‘influence’ is doing more harm than good Rebecca. Take a look around you and see what we are all living through.

The world does not need more leather-handled prams, David Austin roses and luxury holidays. It needs honesty, integrity and action on the big issues like the social imbalance, environmental issues and mental health understanding and awareness.

Also the bit about product placement and advertising in magazines...

There’s a degree of understanding when you purchase a magazine that of course it’s going to contain adverts and products the editor wants to promote. The problem is that she portrays the girl next door vibes and as her account started off so innocent people don’t realise she’s now just a business. We know how fake she is from her awful tweets and the whole persona is made up for the gram.

Her husband flips houses for a living and she’s never worked a real day in her life. Don’t tell us you’ve worked hard to become an ‘influencer’ when all you’re doing is riding the wave of other peoples’ insecurities and grabbing the money while you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
T👏A👏K👏E 👏A👏B👏O👏W👏!!!

This is exactly it. Your ‘influence’ is doing more harm than good Rebecca. Take a look around you and see what we are all living through.

The world does not need more leather-handled prams, David Austin roses and luxury holidays. It needs honesty, integrity and action on the big issues like the social imbalance, environmental issues and mental health understanding and awareness.
Couldn’t have said either of these better myself 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 3
The pram isn’t a perk of the job, it IS the job. She gives the pram company exposure in return for payment. If 5 companies are bidding for this exposure, she’s going to go with the highest offer. The bugaboo Fox is a top of the range buggy. It’s not necessarily the best. This is why influencer reviews can’t be trusted as objective.

Reactions: 5
All trust goes out the window when there’s money involved. If you’re being paid for your opinion then it is NOT genuine. As if she’d write bad things about a brand for 85k people to see having signed and return contracts?!?

Have you ever seen her shop in Joules outside of her disastrous paid promotions with them for example?! She only ever bangs on about Zara and H&M when she talks about clothing but it looks like they haven’t picked up the bait just yet.

Your morals are gross, your ethics are backwards and you’re so far removed from reality that you need to have a quiet word with yourself.

I genuinely do not think she is going to cope with a child. She's never worked a day in her life, is used to travelling all the time and everything about her is carefully controlled - as we all know a baby is bloody hard work and chaotic.

Waiting for the sponsored posts about wet nurses and nannies!

I've really tried with the blog post but have a few thoughts/general ramblings...

1. As has already been said...not "all" jobs have perks. In fact I would say it is a very very small proportion of the working population get any perks with their job. They get paid, yes, but that's not a perk and is often a pittance in exchange for long hours in tit conditions. I class me and my husband as being relatively comfortable and he recently had a pay rise but he hadn't had a single penny pay rise in 5 years before that. I still class us as lucky compared to so many but her lack of insight into the real world is hard to take.

2. She never ever seems to be down or struggling or sad or worried. She never comments on tit things happening in the world (but loves a bloody royal wedding as you can insta that with bunting which looks perfect on her grid). Her insta is like a desperate housewives set.... nothing out of place for the world to see...everything is perfect here. I'm also pregnant and don't have my mum and I'm struggling a lot at times and it makes me feel bad that I'm not having this picture perfect pregnancy to look back on. I think influencers have a duty to stay in touch with the real world and realise that bad stuff happens and that they influence people's emotions as well as what they buy.

3. She says she spends 2 hours a day replying to messages asking for advice. Is that her idea of a days work? 2 hours sat in her garden replying to people telling her how great she is?

Considering unfollowing but it's like a car crash.... I can't help but look to see what happens when the baby comes along.

Her true colours show right though that latest blog post. I have read blog posts on the same topic from Emma Hill, Cara Sutherland and ‘Getting stuff done in heels’ (Sally). All of whom wrote interesting posts and explained their job as influencers really well. These women have also always been completely transparent when declaring paid partnerships/ads/gifts etc. RVK has not always been transparent, and even now writes about ads/gifts etc in tiny pale font on an equally pale background colour so that it is barely visible or impossible to read clearly.
Her comment about all jobs having their perks just shows how completely detached from real life she actually is!!! She is always at pains to let her followers know how much work she has to do on her laptop, yet all her ‘work’ is done at home, in between long walks in the countryside, lunches with friends, exercise classes and baking. How many other people live such a charmed existence???
I notice that someone further on up the comments has replied to her latest blog but her comments have not been published by RVK below. Why bother writing a blog post on a contentious issue if you are not prepared to allow people with views on either side to contribute to the discussion? The truth appears to be that she is a very spoilt, over indulged, privileged, controlling person who must never be questioned about her opinions or actions. Good job she doesn’t live in the real world - she wouldn’t last two minutes!!!!

Just waded through that interminable blog post. What a self-indulgent and passive aggressive piece. It’s the classic influencer ‘just unfollow if you don’t like’ response without any acknowledgment that she is ridiculously privileged and perhaps, just perhaps her rosy-tinted Insta perfect life does not make people feel very good about their own lives.
Highly amused at her remark about lawyers that get tickets for Wimbledon wouldn’t turn them down. In the real world which sadly Rebecca has no experience of there are very strict rules governing acceptance of gifts/corporate hospitality from clients and often such invitations have to be declined. In addition (I am a lawyer but this is true of most jobs), workload/filing deadlines take priority and often you cannot leave the office. Perhaps if Rebecca had ever practised law (after her degree) she might have discovered this.
Also she has career as an influencer, can plan detailed itineraries for her endless exotic holidays but can’t think how she could pass on a buggy to a deserving and struggling family. I mean seriously?! How hard is it to contact a local church or local charity or refuge. It would be better not have to addressed the point at all than write an idiotic statement like that.

Reactions: 14
Just waded through that interminable blog post. What a self-indulgent and passive aggressive piece. It’s the classic influencer ‘just unfollow if you don’t like’ response without any acknowledgment that she is ridiculously privileged and perhaps, just perhaps her rosy-tinted Insta perfect life does not make people feel very good about their own lives.
Highly amused at her remark about lawyers that get tickets for Wimbledon wouldn’t turn them down. In the real world which sadly Rebecca has no experience of there are very strict rules governing acceptance of gifts/corporate hospitality from clients and often such invitations have to be declined. In addition (I am a lawyer but this is true of most jobs), workload/filing deadlines take priority and often you cannot leave the office. Perhaps if Rebecca had ever practised law (after her degree) she might have discovered this.
Also she has career as an influencer, can plan detailed itineraries for her endless exotic holidays but can’t think how she could pass on a buggy to a deserving and struggling family. I mean seriously?! How hard is it to contact a local church or local charity or refuge. It would be better not have to addressed the point at all than write an idiotic statement like that.
Totally agree,
ESP with your closing line. I think she has made things a lot worse for
herself by saying that. I’d bet this blog post will be deleted very soon, like the yellow nightie one did after the backlash.

I also thought the buggy thing was daft. Fair enough may be you don't want to gift 1 brand new buggy to a shelter but she could have sold it on eBay and donated the profits to a refuge or similar so thst several women could benefit.

Reactions: 2
Yes yes yes to the person who posted above that she's let slip that she considers responding to people's messages and comments for 2 hours "work". That sitting on her sofa in her sun filled living room answering instagram messages on her laptop is what she does for a job. It's hardly any wonder she can't engage her brain to figure out how she might have done something charitable with the all the products being offered to her.

Totally agree,
ESP with your closing line. I think she has made things a lot worse for
herself by saying that. I’d bet this blog post will be deleted very soon, like the yellow nightie one did after the backlash.
What was the yellow nightie one? I must have missed that joy.

Also does she not work at all anymore? Didnt she used to wrote for a honeymoon website or something? How would someone with a law degree end up doing that?

What was the yellow nightie one? I must have missed that joy.

Also does she not work at all anymore? Didnt she used to wrote for a honeymoon website or something? How would someone with a law degree end up doing that?
Something about her first night in a hotel with her boyfriend, now husband, and her mum helped pick out a nightie. Think the post has been deleted by her but it's mentioned up thread.

I see the comments have been turned off in the latest nursery pic, must be wanting to avoid more negative comments re the paint

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.