RVK Loves #11 Save your airmiles Rebecca, there’s a B&Q in Watford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cant be the only one wincing at Freya being on that wooden floor?! I know babies are resilient but surely she must bang her head a fair bit whilst rolling around? I've had to relocate our play area to our spare room whilst I wait for a bigger playmat to arrive for the living room. Maybe I'm just super cautious though?! And my daughter hates lying so sitting up leads to more unexpected tumbles!
It’s ok, Grabby will just teach her not to roll on the hard floor coz it’s dangerous #ifyouknowyouknow

Reactions: 4
I thought you had to be in catering or be a teacher or something like that.
If you’re a civil engineer, architect, surveyor you can get a ‘Non-trade’ membership - perhaps Benpecked or Dadda (does she call her Dad that??) qualify? Even solicitors and barristers qualify. Perhaps Grabbella claims to be one of them after getting her law degree?

Reactions: 3
If you’re a civil engineer, architect, surveyor you can get a ‘Non-trade’ membership - perhaps Benpecked or Dadda (does she call her Dad that??) qualify? Even solicitors and barristers qualify. Perhaps Grabbella claims to be one of them after getting her law degree?
Then anyone should get one.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yep we have membership as I have a accountants qualification.

Reactions: 2
You need to provide one piece of business evidence which is valid or dated within the last 3 months:
  • VAT Registration certificate
  • Public Liability Insurance certificate
  • Employers' Liability Insurance certificate
  • Companies House certificate of incorporation
  • Business Licence issued by the local council
  • Taxi Driver licence
  • An original copy of a current utility bill from the business address
  • An original copy of a current business bank statement
  • Business cheque book
  • Business bank card
  • Company accounts
  • Accountant's letter
  • Invoice for purchases made for the business
  • Invoice for clients sent out by the business

Reactions: 1
You need to provide one piece of business evidence which is valid or dated within the last 3 months:
  • VAT Registration certificate
  • Public Liability Insurance certificate
  • Employers' Liability Insurance certificate
  • Companies House certificate of incorporation
  • Business Licence issued by the local council
  • Taxi Driver licence
  • An original copy of a current utility bill from the business address
  • An original copy of a current business bank statement
  • Business cheque book
  • Business bank card
  • Company accounts
  • Accountant's letter
  • Invoice for purchases made for the business
  • Invoice for clients sent out by the business
Taxi driver licence? I can’t provide any of the above. 😭

I thought you had to be in catering or be a teacher or something like that.
No. You can go in, fill in a form and get a card. You need a membership to shop at Costco.

Wait. After reading the comments i am confused. In the UK, can anybody not just get a membership to shop there? Here in Canada, you need a membership to shop, you pay yearly and there are different tiers.

No. You can go in, fill in a form and get a card. You need a membership to shop at Costco.

Wait. After reading the comments i am confused. In the UK, can anybody not just get a membership to shop there? Here in Canada, you need a membership to shop, you pay yearly and there are different tiers.
Sounds different in North America.

My husband works for a corporate company and they are now handing out membership to staff

I'm a curator and I have membership, so I don't think it's that difficult. Sometimes I feel like Grabby thinks it's some exclusive club... The Soho House of warehouse shopping maybe? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My employers are technically insurance. When a new costco opened where I live, they came in to sign us up. It's only £30 a year and I got my husband a card. I'm in the same county as Grebbecca, imagine if i saw her in there?

• Wow
  • Haha
Hubby is a painter and decorator and has Costco membership as he's a limited company. I wonder how she copes with their supersize portions of everything? Hubby and I can pack away the food but even we think twice about getting packs of their huge cakes, cookies etc. I know she had NCT people over but I'm surprised she can cope with that quantity of food in the house with her issues with food

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.