Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kelly must have founds us…. Post about certain online community saying negative stuff has got to her head.. and that running two marathons taken its toll on her….

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just seen the news about the Kenyan 5k and 10k runner..Agnes Tirop.

😔.

Puts everything we talk about and all the gifted stuff into context.
It does.
In all honesty, do we like to talk negatively about these people? No.
Do we want to like them and look to them for inspiration etc? Yes, well at least I do.
But they seem to be stuck in a rut of constant social media posting, when they should be more focused on real life.
Im half expecting posts that will say they’re shocked by the Kenyan killing, but still manage to throw in an ad for ginger shots or something

Reactions: 5
Kelly must have founds us…. Post about certain online community saying negative stuff has got to her head.. and that running two marathons taken its toll on her….
Someone commented about trying to get into London for years. Another reminder how many of us wait years and years to get into a Marathon Major, and she STILL hasn't thanked Flora for the free entry and free trip!! Never thankful for all the gifted items and free opportunities. Only constantly moaning on and on. She chose to be in the public eye. She chooses to post day after day. Take the bad with the good. They are all used to deleting and blocking anything that didn't fit into their fairytale they try and portray. That's not reality. Some people, god forbid, look up to them. They should take full responsibility for the things they say and poat. This coming from a mummy that has kids and a job, responsibilities, ran several marathons including a world major and pays for every single thing to do that ✌ Just be grateful and stop moaning and whinging Kelly.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Someone commented about trying to get into London for years. Another reminder how many of us wait years and years to get into a Marathon Major, and she STILL hasn't thanked Flora for the free entry and free trip!! Never thankful for all the gifted items and free opportunities. Only constantly moaning on and on. She chose to be in the public eye. She chooses to post day after day. Take the bad with the good. They are all used to deleting and blocking anything that didn't fit into their fairytale they try and portray. That's not reality. Some people, god forbid, look up to them. They should take full responsibility for the things they say and poat. This coming from a mummy that has kids and a job, responsibilities, ran several marathons including a world major and pays for every single thing to do that ✌ Just be grateful and stop moaning and whinging Kelly.
That post is in her #gifted #ad #paidpartnership runderwear kit.

Any tags?

Nope.

My run today was in my 2 Tesco bras because they are so old and not up to shock absorber standard, I need to wear 2 to make them do the job.

I am still positive though kel hun 😘.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Snap…. I’m a mum of three, work other responsibilities. Fit training around all that. Pay for every race I do..
They don’t work and ask for more hours in the day 🙄

Reactions: 4
Getting all the love in her comments from her routine sympathy post, standard behaviour from these people, in a day or two it’ll be a ‘thanks for the love’ post - yawn

Snap…. I’m a mum of three, work other responsibilities. Fit training around all that. Pay for every race I do..
Bork, the more hours in a day story, is that so you can do some more YouTube videos, or because you actually want to spend time with the kids?

Oh, come on, that is harsh! All the vlogs! All the £50/month coaching the Welsh idiot does! All the paid posts!

Surely that counts as work? Haven’t you heard how hard influencers have it these days?

😏

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh she definitely has, think her, that Jenna, PMG and all their little minion followers all knew about this thread!

I agree with so much of the above, if she thinks it’s hard having so much support from brands and free events/travel, then try being a runner like some have mentioned and I’m one of those in my manky old running gear falling apart and have to either get up and out at 4:30-5 or 9pm onwards when the kids are sorted, some days even the odd full week, this doesn’t happen because of life and after all, it is just running!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So Kelly is doing the 10 mile GSR (she says she is running on Sunday which is when the 10mile run is) …. really fits with a) rest and recovery or b) training for a 5k.

Bring on more vlogs, more ads, more gifted crap.

I mean, is there a weekend in any month where there isn’t a blimmin race for kit or monetary gain?

The country is literally falling apart and all she cares about is whether her expo Berlin shorts matches her t-shirt.

How many of these Instagram runners overtrain?!!! I’ve only just come across another I used to follow who is now injured and will be pulling out of a marathon next month, having also deferred London.

I used to feel terrible about myself and my running mileage. I run a maximum of 30 miles per week during marathon training, across 3-4 sessions depending on my schedule. My average mileage was probably 27 miles in the lead up to London. I do go to the gym a couple of times a week and stick to the cross trainer or weights.

I would see Instagram runners out 6 days a week claim this is the only way to get a Boston qualifying time. Guess who actually got the Boston time? Me.

I understand everyone is different though it does seem a frightening amount of running “influencers” have an injury excuse at the moment (Ben Parks, Molly runs 365 (before she fell pregnant) Danny, shortgirlrunner, even Anna from the running channel was not in top condition). Perhaps a mix of under fuelling and overtraining? Charlotte Purdue says she doesn’t run as many miles as her competition - interesting.

What I’m trying to say is that we, normal people with normal jobs living normal lives should not take any sort of advice from these people, nor should we compare.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It was really lovely and the course is beautiful!

bleeping LOL at Kelly posting about taking your time to recover from setbacks 😂 funniest tit I’ve heard all day given her past three weeks…
Recover... recover... Hopefully Santa will bring her a dictionary for Christmas, as she obviously doesn't know what the word means. She's taking part in the Great South Run this weekend. :rolleyes:

There is a few of the elite who dont seem to do crazy mileage either, I'm sure Beth Potter (Triathlon/runner) has said she's got her best results since decreasing mileage/cross training also one of the team gb marathon ladies Steph Davies said she did half amount of weekly mileage as competitors

Reactions: 3
I understand everyone is different though it does seem a frightening amount of running “influencers” have an injury excuse at the moment (Ben Parks, Molly runs 365 (before she fell pregnant) Danny, shortgirlrunner, even Anna from the running channel was not in top condition). Perhaps a mix of under fuelling and overtraining? Charlotte Purdue says she doesn’t run as many miles as her competition - interesting.
Ben Parkes has a mental health issues, which I wouldn't want to wish on anyone. Being injured is one thing - at least you know what the problem is and how to tackle it - but when it comes to the noggin', it's a different kettle of fish. I'll give him his dues, he doesn't do the typical influencer of flogging any old tat to make a couple of quid. He makes most of his income from selling his branded merchandise on his website.

I do think, however, he sometimes puts himself under unnecessary pressure to perform. I could easily count on one hand the amount of times he's come back from injury (too quickly) only to be on the sidelines again within a matter of weeks. Baffled me as to why he would do a 100k trail race at the start of training for this year's London Marathon.

If he just concentrated on one race at a time and went for consistency, he would do well and stay injury-free. He's a very good marathon runner, who tries to do too much (he wanted to do UTMB this year!) and it can't be good for his stress and anxiety.

As an aside, his girlfriend Sarah Place comes across as a humble and decent person. I'd recommend giving her a follow on Instagram.

Recover... recover... Hopefully Santa will bring her a dictionary for Christmas, as she obviously doesn't know what the word means. She's taking part in the Great South Run this weekend. :rolleyes:
It’s only been a few weeks being aware of this place but whenever I now see those kind of IG posts I need to check on here for the reactions. It’s just so deliciously satisfying.

Should probably unfollow some more of the IG accounts but like a moth to a flame, I can’t help myself

• Heart
Ben Parkes has a mental health issues, which I wouldn't want to wish on anyone. Being injured is one thing - at least you know what the problem is and how to tackle it - but when it comes to the noggin', it's a different kettle of fish. I'll give him his dues, he doesn't do the typical influencer of flogging any old tat to make a couple of quid. He makes most of his income from selling his branded merchandise on his website.

I do think, however, he sometimes puts himself under unnecessary pressure to perform. I could easily count on one hand the amount of times he's come back from injury (too quickly) only to be on the sidelines again within a matter of weeks. Baffled me as to why he would do a 100k trail race at the start of training for this year's London Marathon.

If he just concentrated on one race at a time and went for consistency, he would do well and stay injury-free. He's a very good marathon runner, who tries to do too much (he wanted to do UTMB this year!) and it can't be good for his stress and anxiety.

As an aside, his girlfriend Sarah Place comes across as a humble and decent person. I'd recommend giving her a follow on Instagram.
I like them too. Especially Sarah - she’s inspired me to be brave and sign up for a couple of ultras. I have one of the BP hats. It’s a good piece of kit.

Any recs for female, normal people style ultra runners? Mostly men out there, especially vloggers.

I was just laughing at Kelly’s story and the bib for GSR Sunday, so much for the rest but probably as she’s had a spot thrown at her she can’t not turn it down in the fear of not being asked again! I absolutely loved Kelly but the last 12-18 months she’s really changed and I wonder if she reads this and thinks it’s true but is in fear of not having the freeloading lifestyle for events/apparel and obviously the status with old Welsh boy?

Also, has anyone else see Fudgies post introducing himself like he’s some kind of god? He totally forgot the point “when I’m not running, wearing tit hair bands from Claire’s accessories, accepting all the free tit possible, following and unfollowing to build my follow count…I tend to like waving my little Willy around in other peoples DMs or WhatsApps”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was just laughing at Kelly’s story and the bib for GSR Sunday, so much for the rest but probably as she’s had a spot thrown at her she can’t not turn it down in the fear of not being asked again! I absolutely loved Kelly but the last 12-18 months she’s really changed and I wonder if she reads this and thinks it’s true but is in fear of not having the freeloading lifestyle for events/apparel and obviously the status with old Welsh boy?

Also, has anyone else see Fudgies post introducing himself like he’s some kind of god? He totally forgot the point “when I’m not running, wearing tit hair bands from Claire’s accessories, accepting all the free tit possible, following and unfollowing to build my follow count…I tend to like waving my little Willy around in other peoples DMs or WhatsApps”
Ah good old Fudgie, the git that keeps on giving (no that’s not a typo, he really is a git)

• Haha
There is a few of the elite who dont seem to do crazy mileage either, I'm sure Beth Potter (Triathlon/runner) has said she's got her best results since decreasing mileage/cross training also one of the team gb marathon ladies Steph Davies said she did half amount of weekly mileage as competitors
This is so true, my friend is a elite runner. That’s there job professional athlete. I can’t say who because it will probably give me away 🤣
They train nowhere near has much has they do…

Problem with the influencers is that they get so much ‘support’ from people who can’t see past their noses, they play on it, they like all the social media hugs and huns, it’s an addiction, so if they listened to people like us, changed their ways, they’d stop receiving all that, they’d feel empty, they need it and won’t take a step back to look at where they were when they had 500 followers, when they were normal. The problem they have now, is being fuelled by other influencers and people who want to be influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.