Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here’s hoping that the Willy wielding Fudgie had a good night sleep with his #gifted pillow spray “tHaT reALlY wErKz”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wow! 22 pages so far of some very juicy gossip - love it all!! 😂😂

I unfollowed the Welsh prick a long time a go on IG, but for some reason never unfollowed him on FB, so still occasionally see his posts pop up. His "taking it easy with the buggy at parkrun" post the other day where he clocked an "easy" 17 minutes infuriated me. But mostly he really gets on my tits because of all the build up he posts about a race, all the "training" he's done, how he's pushed himself, and now he's in the best shape ever and it seems like 9 times out of 10 he blows up and either DNFs or gets a time way off what he wanted.

Seeing the comments about London and helping that guy over the line - I'm sure I'd read that the club the other guy belonged to were going to pay for his London place and expenses the following year, so I bet they'd feel a bit stupid finding out it was all because he was having a bad day and wanted to up his follower count. hole.

I'd also heard that he got together with Kelly when she was still married. At some kind of Asics weekend get together thing. Her (now ex) husband commented on one of Matt's posts about him shagging his wife! 😆

Agree with all the posts so far about the annoying influencers. The one I haven't seen so far is muddy mountain miles. She's much more trail and ultra running focused rather than these speedy, ALL IN road runners though, and only has about 6.5k followers. I initially followed her because she ran not to far from where I live and was showing off some nice scenery I'd like to go running in, but recently she's been posting nothing but cheesy, faux-inspirational motivator crap. Recent gems:
  • Whatever is meant for you, will come to you
  • I don't have the fear of loss... I have the fear of things being taken
  • Excellence is an attitude
  • When you have nothing left, that's when its show time
And on and on it goes. As well as usually posting the same stupid face with mouth to the side and tongue sticking out, or how she made her dream of owning a Porsche come true.

Claire_training - used to follow her because there was lots of decent posts about the training she was doing. Maybe a year ago she stopped all that and just became an LGBT pride account. Absolutely fine, celebrate who you are, but the account is no longer what it used to be about and its all a little rammed down my throat now, for want of a better expression!

Shout out the for Rach_running. 20k follows and nothing too flashy, blinging, just pics of where she went running around Bristol. In all honesty, I'm baffled by how she got so many followers, but her account is quite harmless and wholesome.

Reactions: 7
Unpopular opinion but every time I see those Nike Alphafly, they just remind me of cows hooves.

Reactions: 5
Wow! 22 pages so far of some very juicy gossip - love it all!! 😂😂

I unfollowed the Welsh prick a long time a go on IG, but for some reason never unfollowed him on FB, so still occasionally see his posts pop up. His "taking it easy with the buggy at parkrun" post the other day where he clocked an "easy" 17 minutes infuriated me. But mostly he really gets on my tits because of all the build up he posts about a race, all the "training" he's done, how he's pushed himself, and now he's in the best shape ever and it seems like 9 times out of 10 he blows up and either DNFs or gets a time way off what he wanted.

Seeing the comments about London and helping that guy over the line - I'm sure I'd read that the club the other guy belonged to were going to pay for his London place and expenses the following year, so I bet they'd feel a bit stupid finding out it was all because he was having a bad day and wanted to up his follower count. hole.

I'd also heard that he got together with Kelly when she was still married. At some kind of Asics weekend get together thing. Her ex husband commented on one of Matt's posts about him shagging his wife! 😆
Yeah they got together at an asics meet up, bet there’s others get it on at these meet ups too, Brooks, ASICS etc
I heard her ex commented on his strava, as he was blocked on Instagram, which of course was deleted, like every comment that’s slightly negative! When he failed a marathon PB and it was his worst day ever, Runnerstiv put a comment on saying he should’ve stuck to ASICS as he’d started wearing the Nike shoes

• Haha
Reactions: 3
. Shout out the for Rach_running. 20k follows and nothing too flashy, blinging, just pics of where she went running around Bristol. In all honesty, I'm baffled by how she got so many followers, but her account is quite harmless and wholesome.
I know we are all tractor driving yokels in the south west to the outsiders but she is in Bath not Bristol :)

And the ad about dry cleaning his car seats or whatever also made me unfollow bristolrunner (who hasn’t been in Bristol for a number of years).
As others have said; there is a lot of ads or positive running only and then nothing. I get that an under 1 year old and work can be very consuming but then maybe share some of that?

Can anyone recommend any good IG accounts to follow? I like following a mix of really amateur people who are real and honest and some elites who are humble and not dicks… is that too much to ask??

Reactions: 2
No suggestions but have to say I’m absolutely LOVING this thread!!!

I have never really been a fan of following any of the Instagram running huns as I think it’s just all for show and massively cringe so looking at all these Instagrams (especially during what seems to be marathon season at the moment) has given me a good laugh. You would think the way they acted they were Olympic level athletes not just hobby runners.

I must say though there appears to be a link between road running and cringe clout chasing instagrams.

I must say though there appears to be a link between road running and cringe clout chasing instagrams.
This is why I love the trail runners and ultra runners. Courtney Dauwalter, John Kelly, Damien Hall, Nicky Spinks, Sabrina Verjee etc. All well worth a follow and the occasional dot watching weekend when they’re racing/adventuring!

• Heart
Can anyone recommend any good IG accounts to follow? I like following a mix of really amateur people who are real and honest and some elites who are humble and not dicks… is that too much to ask??
Becky Briggs and Hayley Carruthers for elites to follow.

I didn't know Kelly was still married when she met Matt!!!

Susie Chan, Gary House, Tom Evans, to name just a few

Shout out the for Rach_running. 20k follows and nothing too flashy, blinging, just pics of where she went running around Bristol. In all honesty, I'm baffled by how she got so many followers, but her account is quite harmless and wholesome.
Would second this recommendation for sure, no trying to peddle crap, just about the running - nice change from so many on IG

Reactions: 1
This is what I am looking for. Fed up of the merry go round of races, overtraining and ads. What is normal these days?

Agree with posts about Bethanvarn. She appears to be focused more on her training and not in with the Brooks crowd.

ruthruns puts out of a lot of sensible messages. Normal.

Mark Peart he has a good story to tell, more important great photos (isn’t that was insta was meant to be for before long write ups?)

Welshrunner/PMG good at posting but not so much interacting with the followers they try and flog to.

Nobody seems to have mentioned lou gets fit (and often tit faced) just doing you.

Some great awareness shown yesterday from instagram in light of some rubbish news and now everyone checking their boobs. Finally something positive on instagram doing the rounds due to now then mardy bums news. Did anyone notice the coupling?

One that hasn't been mentioned is gbotruns, I started following her as she's local and she's really nice.

Brilliant thread , ironically I ended up here following one of the main offenders on it though so must do better! 😅 😅

• Haha
Bristolrunner….. is peddling slim fast now 🙄

I like Lou gets fit, at one point she did a question to answer. Should she take free stuff or do ads. I just told her don’t get trapped in the ads stuff.

I found this thread and the PMG one after she started posting about it! Every time she said she was going to drop now she'd said piece, she bought it up again and then wondered why more people were finding it and posting their thoughts!

There's a few 'normal' people that I like.
ruth_runs seems to just have a normal life that she balances really well with running. She gets gifted stuff but it never seems to be shown in a shove it down your throat way! And she always declares it too.
beccarunsfromcouchtomarathon doesn't seem to have been changed by being in the Brooks team and she's always really grateful for the stuff they send her. She's also really good with being honest and showing the highs and lows of training.
clairesmarathonmusings is a slower runner (I think she's in the 5-5:30 marathon range) so I really relate to that! I know she has some time goals sometimes but I think she comes across like she just runs for the enjoyment as well which is refreshing to see. She gets some gifted stuff but seems to always be grateful for it like beccarunsfromcouchtomarathon (and she always seems to declare it too).
bethanvarn. I agree that she seems really focused on her training in a sensible way which is nice to see after all these back to back marathons!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.