Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Instagrime

Thread suggestion:

Medal Monday, Transformation Tuesday, Wannabe Elite Wednesday, (over)Training Thursday, Fracture Clinic Friday

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
Kelly’s latest #ad 🙈

Ok, it seems like she’s had experience of increased cholesterol levels (not she doesn’t say whether it was classed as high or not) but her end paragraph about how now is the perfect time to go to your gp for a test.

Has she tried to get a GP appointment lately? Surgeries are experiencing higher than ever volumes of people. And whilst your general health is incredibly important, resources are massively stretched.

I just feel like she’s all over the place with what she advertises. No wonder we have something to say about it because it really does come across as though they will try and shill anything as long as they are making money from it.
Wait wait wait!!! She just did London for Flora and did ads for them. NOW she is doing ads for Benecol??? Another margarine brand? What?! And on top of that, she posts about cake and donuts EVERY SINGLE DAY. Are you kidding me right now. They will promote anything and everything and it doesn't seem like these companies even know what these runfluencers post daily. Someone who eats doughnuts every day is going to tell me to get my cholesterol checked and eat a specific margarine. Seriously piss off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

personalbest

***Instagram running influencers you are in a position of power - are your words and actions kind to people suffering with insecurities, exercise addiction etc? Not your problem you say? They can just unfollow? Oh, it’s that easy is it? Then why are you reading here AGAIN if it’s that easy? You’re saying reading here is damaging your mental health. Well, that’s exactly how a lot of people here feel after reading your Instagram posts. It’s why we’re here. You can’t hide as easily on Instagram. It’s not a case of scrolling on by. You actively have to seek out Tattle, in many cases you don’t have to do that on Instagram. I’ve unfollowed people but they’ve still cropped up. If you don’t like what is written here stop going out of your way to find this website ***

PMG has a lot to answer for because she highlighted this website. They’d be none the wiser and this thread would have died or slowed down if it wasn’t for her.

They say we’re judging them on a snapshot but they are judging us on a snapshot too. We haven’t resorted to name calling and childless behaviour and using the old jealousy chestnut 🙄 The comments on Mrs_led_runs post are 😱 chris-I-want-to-be-instafamous-x has called us all c@!£s. The way I see it (from my troll point of view 😜) is we are discussing and they are being nasty and pathetic.

Annatheapple has had the best reaction so far. I think she probably used to have a worse relationship with food, exercise and body image than she does now so genuinely believes she’s fine now. There are so many many people with issues in the running community that what’s “normal” is distorted.

Gen. I can’t quite find the words. Is she pulling everyone’s leg or does she really believe what she writes?
Another newbie here, thanks to PMG!🙂

I’m glad she ‘influenced’ me to seek out this forum as it provides a much needed antidote / counterbalance to all the bullshit on running Instagram. I’m completely fed up with all the freebie grabbing brand ambassadors, cliqueyness, coaching scams, irresponsible training and racing habits etc, to the extent that I barely engage with it at all these days. It’s a breath of fresh air to realise that so many others feel the same way and it was brilliant to see Holly Rush pushing back against the bullshit recently.

Having lurked for a little while I’d say some comments on here can be a bit too personal and come across as attacking rather than criticising, but generally I think it’s pretty balanced and most commenters do seem to know what they’re on about.

Clearly certain influencers feel like they’ve taken a bit of a battering lately so they’re lashing out, but debate is healthy and while they might not like what they see on here, they’re probably in the wrong business if they can’t take a bit of criticism along with the fawning adulation. It’s good to finally see some repercussions to all the rubbish they’ve been peddling, it’s well overdue.

So, thanks Tattlers. I look forward to contributing rather than lurking from now on!

Reactions: 15

Camperfan

VIP Member
Hi all
I've been a tattle lurker for a while now but have registered specifically to express my utter disbelief that Welsh runner and littlerunnermel have blocked me for doing nothing more than liking a post on Mrs LEDS post. The comment I liked wasn't mean at all but a fairly balanced critique of the "instabubble". I am gobsmaked they feel so threatened by sometime just liking such a post they need to block. I guess they are pissed they can't delete the original post, which they clearly would if it was on their own pages.
I had never heard of littlerunnermel so no loss there and I was on the cusp of unfollowing Welsh runner as I was finding him annoying. I unfollowed Kelly ages ago due to dubious tagging of ads/gifted items and I found her to be a bit ungracious. When I first started following her I had a lot of respect for a mum with T1 diabeties out there doing what she did.

Reactions: 14

Instagrime

Whether the distance was run in its entirety or walk/run; the distance is the same. The training block behind it is the same and takes a toll on the body. You could even argue walk running it could place a larger strain as there’s more active time on feet to complete. Regardless, the bottom line is that people who follow them on IG have started to take note that some of the training seems excessive and rest periods too short and are unable to express on IG because of the echo chamber these bigger accounts have created and for fear of being labelled a troll. The only people who drive others to sites like these are the influencers themselves who are incapable of receiving any kind of feedback that isn’t a thumbs up and a high five

• Heart
This thread has clearly touched a few "runfluencer" nerves, but perhaps they should take some of their own advice?

I keep seeing comments and posts asking the lines of "if you don't like what someone is posting then scroll on by and don't read it". If they weren't spending their spare time reading the comments and criticisms here, perhaps they'd feel better.

Or perhaps they could change some of their shitty behaviours so they don't open themselves up to this type of criticism.

fckthegrm

I know an Ironman is an achievement, let alone 5, but Funbus is upto three medal posts so far, multiple story reshares, and that pic with the ligjthouse. Just happened to have his medal on him when out for a walk. Can't wait to see what further excuses he comes up with to post it again. "Just been out for dinner and drinks and the bar didn't have any beer mats...luckily I had my Ironman Portugal medal so I was able to save the table from any nasty water marks". "Got stopped at security in the airport. Only left my medal on and got pinged by the metal detector thingy". "Just got home from Portugal and found this in the bottom of the suitcase. It's from when I did Ironman Portugal...my 5th Ironman which included my 5 millionth marathon".

• Haha

LadyTron

Why has WR deleted all his comments?

I don’t get any of it. Does not compute.

Kelly has NOT rested and no Coach worth his salt would have allowed a client to run London a week after how ill she described being in Berlin. I’ve been coached by the same guy for almost 5 years and honestly, he orders rest at the first sign of a sniffle.

The 5km TT thing was also all about trying to win over Zwift .. shameless tagging of them OR already an Ambassador and not declaring?

Genuinely sick of reading them say troll, mental health, online abuse.

Right back at ya. They are all the epitome of entitled, white, privileged white middle class narcissistic arseholes. Zero diversity in their little squares. Not even a hint of it.
And don’t even get me started on Funbus’s iron man

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Didn’t run cos of a rough weekend caused by online bullying if you read between the lines?
Nice promotion of that panorama programme.

This drives me crazy. Admittedly, there are people in the public eye and on SM who get horrendous trolling via DMs. That needs to stop and it must be heartbreaking to be on the end of it.

But we don’t hate Kelly, no one here is DM her. It is against the rules. We are taking issue with her behaviour with regards to constant taking of #gifted items (which could be donated to those in need), endless #ads which show no real direction and her recent overtraining which is dangerous to expose to her many followers.

Kelly comes here to read our discussion. She doesn’t need to. As said previously, this is simply water-cooler gossip. She just cannot take anyone (in particular, experienced runners) chatting about her.

She needs to stop reading here, have a proper rest and recovery, decide what brands are most important to her and concentrate on them and if she gets too many gifted trainers, donate them. It really isn’t that hard. There are so many instarunners who don’t have threads simply because they aren’t grabby and don’t demonstrate dangerous running habits.

• Heart

notokhun

Chatty Member
I started reading all the comments then just got wound up

There is a blog saying Berlin took it out of her. Whether that be the running aspect or the fact she had some sort of stomach bug she was wiped. It's there for everyone to see, they put it out there.
I also find his attitude of 'it didn't as she run walked it from mile 9' really disrespectful to people who choose to Jeff a marathon.
He needs to go work on his attitude. Instead of attacking everyone who disagrees of questions his services, that he charges a bloody whack of money for every month. He isn't as experienced as he thinks and his smart ass comments are ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

fckthegrm

Well Matt has posted about Swansea. Usual stuff, not quite at fitness, wanted to see how it went. Ended up in 6th despite not being strong enough to stick it with the leaders. Boo boo

Doesn't look like he rolled the dice or went ALL IN
His last 2 posts are so contradictory. Today: Times don't matter but wants to mix it with the leaders. The day before: says sometimes you need to step back before moving foward and can't wait to have fun at Swansea (fair enough). Then next sentence says it's "a race I love but it's never quite clicked. Tomorrow is all about execution". He likes to cover all bases in his posts so he can take the adulation when it goes well or explain it away when it doesn't. He's incapable of taking a step back or just running to enjoy it. Always has to push it because he fears the alternative doesn't make good instagram. You know what else doesn't make good instagram? Setting a bad example by doing too many races, over training, and ending up sidelined with injury because you can't take a day off, and trying to make people believe that "rolling the dice" and "going all in" everytime is the only way to succeed. Not to mention doing this while calling yourself a coach without, as far as I can see, any coaching qualifications.

Last edited:

That’sOk

VIP Member
BC32C473-3B93-4B09-B833-120AC228D9F2.jpeg

Hit the nail on the head 😂 I swear some of these Instagram coaches have got their certificates out of a box of cereals!

• Haha

irunforfun

VIP Member
What happens when this whole “influencer” world ceases to exist? When they’re all exposed for being vacuous, greedy, fame-chasing and fickle beings? How will any of them get a job or transition back into real life where they are not worshipped and praised for every roll of the dice or all in effort or managing to get a run in during their “incredibly busy” lives? Maybe I’m too old for this?!

• Heart

instanonsense

***Instagram running influencers you are in a position of power - are your words and actions kind to people suffering with insecurities, exercise addiction etc? Not your problem you say? They can just unfollow? Oh, it’s that easy is it? Then why are you reading here AGAIN if it’s that easy? You’re saying reading here is damaging your mental health. Well, that’s exactly how a lot of people here feel after reading your Instagram posts. It’s why we’re here. You can’t hide as easily on Instagram. It’s not a case of scrolling on by. You actively have to seek out Tattle, in many cases you don’t have to do that on Instagram. I’ve unfollowed people but they’ve still cropped up. If you don’t like what is written here stop going out of your way to find this website ***

PMG has a lot to answer for because she highlighted this website. They’d be none the wiser and this thread would have died or slowed down if it wasn’t for her.

They say we’re judging them on a snapshot but they are judging us on a snapshot too. We haven’t resorted to name calling and childless behaviour and using the old jealousy chestnut 🙄 The comments on Mrs_led_runs post are 😱 chris-I-want-to-be-instafamous-x has called us all c@!£s. The way I see it (from my troll point of view 😜) is we are discussing and they are being nasty and pathetic.

Annatheapple has had the best reaction so far. I think she probably used to have a worse relationship with food, exercise and body image than she does now so genuinely believes she’s fine now. There are so many many people with issues in the running community that what’s “normal” is distorted.

Gen. I can’t quite find the words. Is she pulling everyone’s leg or does she really believe what she writes?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
A reply to this is “I feel sorry for people who’s lives are so empty they obsess over strangers on the internet”.
From little runner Mel, who shares pictures of her standing in the exact same position to 20k people.

• Haha

Instagrime

I got into running after losing a lot of weight and I love it. But then I found running instagrammers and thought I was doing it all wrong lol. I got sucked into the hyped up products with the earphones that were shit and the gels that everyone else had gifted. Then I found tattle and never spent a penny on shite I didn’t need again 😂

• Heart

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
It’s all quite on the Matt and Kelly front…..
it looks like his pulling her round.. from his pace and hers. Probably shouting at her..
Imagine how annoying they would be. He would be running half his normal pace, having tons more energy to yell, come on, ALL IN! ALL IN KELLY, COME ON!

She's crying and coming up with the 20 excuses why she is 1.5 hours off A BQ and still an hour off her goal, even though she trained countless hours all summer and neglecting her kids to cycle, strength train and run everyday, just to ROLL THE DICE. They are absolutely nauseating.🙄🙄

runlondon21

He's another one who thinks he's in a position to tell people how to run and sells training plans on his website, including an 'advance marathon' plan. This from the man whose marathon PB is 3:51!
Not saying anything about the man himself, but a marathon PB does’t determine whether you are a good coach or not.

I’m a coach myself, and I do find it annoying that people get so caught up on times that they’ll outright dismiss me as a coach if I’ve not cracked sub 3 hr. I work pretty darn hard for my clients and I know my stuff! You don’t know everything about running just because you happen to run quick