Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some great awareness shown yesterday from instagram in light of some rubbish news and now everyone checking their boobs. Finally something positive on instagram doing the rounds due to now then mardy bums news. Did anyone notice the coupling?
Oh I heard about that from my partner, really sad news! There was a guy last week I saw had posted about going through his illness and started following him as he seemed normal and just a general guy.

What coupling are you talking about?

Oh I heard about that from my partner, really sad news! There was a guy last week I saw had posted about going through his illness and started following him as he seemed normal and just a general guy.

What coupling are you talking about?
The post announcing the sad news said she had received the diagnosis with runfatboyrun which I am assuming from how it’s written is they are now an official couple.

Carla Molinaro is great too!
I love Carla. Serious WCW. Ive not met her but she seems so nice! I do her SCY for runners and has revolutionised by running and recovery. She does a medal Monday thing in the FB group and as far as I can see comments on EVERY post with a congrats. 3 of her coached athletes just came top 10 at ultrax Jordan too

Reactions: 1
Yeah they got together at an asics meet up, bet there’s others get it on at these meet ups too, Brooks, ASICS etc
I heard her ex commented on his strava, as he was blocked on Instagram, which of course was deleted, like every comment that’s slightly negative! When he failed a marathon PB and it was his worst day ever, Runnerstiv put a comment on saying he should’ve stuck to ASICS as he’d started wearing the Nike shoes
Yeah, I've heard that too! 😆
I know we are all tractor driving yokels in the south west to the outsiders but she is in Bath not Bristol :)
Bath/Bristol, Tomayto/Tomato - what's the difference? :p 😜

I didn't know Kelly was still married when she met Matt!!!
Yep! Apparently bleeping like rabbits for months behind her husband's back before getting caught. I guess they thought it might be easier to get away with having to go away for weekends to race, and ASICS meetups and whatever. Husband would never suspect it if she's just off doing her "job" bringing in money via Instagram or whatever.

Poor guy. I do genuinely feel really sorry for him, and hope that he's managed to move on and find a bit of peace and calm.

Agree with posts about Bethanvarn. She appears to be focused more on her training and not in with the Brooks crowd.
I don't mind Bethan, but sometimes her posts are a little cheesy. But she's definitely way better than lots of the runfluencers mentioned here. She puts in good training miles, has a decent balance of speed and steady, and seems to have a healthy focus on goals. And yes, most importantly doesn't peddle tit at every opportunity. There are a few posts where she's got a freebie to promote, or you can get a discount on something using her name as the discount code, but overall a pretty sensible account.

I did wonder though what she was up to professionally. She used to be a PE teacher (I think, but definitely a teacher) and then moved from the south coast up to somewhere near the Rother Valley. She mentioned a few times that she had a new job but I could never work out what it was (and didn't bother reading any of the comments to see if she told anyone!)

One I really don't mind at all is anirishrunner. Really normal, average kind of runner, not focused on speed, or targets or anything like that. Part of the Brooks crowd, but a bit like Bethan is not all about Brooks and peddling the merchandise.

Kelly’s stories- I couldn’t have that box unopened in my kitchen for more than an hour!

Her shed! I understand that sheds are dumping grounds but the bike is just thrown in there!!!! At least look after the kit.

The whole thing is making me itch.

Reactions: 3
Kelly’s stories- I couldn’t have that box unopened in my kitchen for more than an hour!

Her shed! I understand that sheds are dumping grounds but the bike is just thrown in there!!!! At least look after the kit.

Especially when most of it is probably #gifted
But then again, the mindset is most likely when you haven’t paid hard earned money for it why give a tit 😡

Reactions: 2

Yep! Apparently bleeping like rabbits for months behind her husband's back before getting caught. I guess they thought it might be easier to get away with having to go away for weekends to race, and ASICS meetups and whatever. Husband would never suspect it if she's just off doing her "job" bringing in money via Instagram or whatever.

Poor guy. I do genuinely feel really sorry for him, and hope that he's managed to move on and find a bit of peace and calm.

I don't mind Bethan, but sometimes her posts are a little cheesy. But she's definitely way better than lots of the runfluencers mentioned here. She puts in good training miles, has a decent balance of speed and steady, and seems to have a healthy focus on goals. And yes, most importantly doesn't peddle tit at every opportunity. There are a few posts where she's got a freebie to promote, or you can get a discount on something using her name as the discount code, but overall a pretty sensible account.

I did wonder though what she was up to professionally. She used to be a PE teacher (I think, but definitely a teacher) and then moved from the south coast up to somewhere near the Rother Valley. She mentioned a few times that she had a new job but I could never work out what it was (and didn't bother reading any of the comments to see if she told anyone!)

One I really don't mind at all is anirishrunner. Really normal, average kind of runner, not focused on speed, or targets or anything like that. Part of the Brooks crowd, but a bit like Bethan is not all about Brooks and peddling the merchandise.
It still amazes me that Kelly and Matt were still treated the way they were and have been online, since it was rather easy to read between the lines and know they were cheating on their partners. Most people would be called out as homewreckers and shunned, but somehow they kept their social media status. You could tell by the posts and stories that something was going on when she was still married and he had a girlfriend.

Rumour has it she got knocked up on purpose to keep him around. Not sure about that, but tbh, wouldn't surprise me.

AnIrishRunner is nice, I like her

Wonder if these two need their own thread like PMG!

Reactions: 5
Just watched one of the justalilbester videos on YouTube, what an absolute plank filming whilst in his car driving ffs! Honestly, this bloke is one seriously talented runner, but the biggest clown trying to be one of these runfluencers. I can’t stand his tripe and he was another of those follow and unfollow freaks like the Willy wielder! Someone tell the moron he’s on wide angle and doesn’t need to almost be licking his camera from being so close with those freaky eyes 🤦🏽‍♀️
CDA96AD9-7AAB-43AD-9738-155F348717FE.jpeg

• Haha
There are some people on IG who are influencers that are actually ok. MarathonDan, met him a few times and genuinely, he's just a nice guy. He does the runhappy stuff and gets his free kit etc but he's never spamming it in my face. The banana costume I just find funny, I think it's good that he's doing stuff like that rather than constantly going on about training etc. I like the variety.

FudgieRuns - known by (almost) literally everyone in my running club (particularly the females) for his follow/unfollow/follow stuff. It's embarrassing. Gary House put a post up yesterday about the follow/unfollow being a stalking tactic and i saw so many stories referring to Fudgie.

There's a few others that wind me up a bit. Mainly it's the 'instagram running coaches'. PMG was being coached by Team Project Run, left and started her own coaching with no qualifications, and she picked up clients left right and centre on the basis that she had lots of followers and was quick.

I see running coaches on instagram now who have websites for their coaching where they list their PBs, and people will get coaching with them based on how quick they are. It's irrelevant - your speed doesn't equal my speed. It frustrates me how someone picks up a few followers and then charges people 50 quid a month to send out multiple copied and pasted training plans, and loads fall for it on the basis they get a tshirt and get to be part of a 'squad' with a hashtag.

My instagram these days tends to just be photos of me having fun at running events. I went through a phase of trying to be an 'influencer' and it was tiring, and took the fun out of IG.

The running IG has created this mess of people who think they're elite runners - announcing their withdrawal from events, sharing an injury diagnosis. The constant sad face photos and long posts about mental health did my head in the other day.

There are some people on IG who are influencers that are actually ok. MarathonDan, met him a few times and genuinely, he's just a nice guy. He does the runhappy stuff and gets his free kit etc but he's never spamming it in my face. The banana costume I just find funny, I think it's good that he's doing stuff like that rather than constantly going on about training etc. I like the variety.

FudgieRuns - known by (almost) literally everyone in my running club (particularly the females) for his follow/unfollow/follow stuff. It's embarrassing. Gary House put a post up yesterday about the follow/unfollow being a stalking tactic and i saw so many stories referring to Fudgie.

There's a few others that wind me up a bit. Mainly it's the 'instagram running coaches'. PMG was being coached by Team Project Run, left and started her own coaching with no qualifications, and she picked up clients left right and centre on the basis that she had lots of followers and was quick.

I see running coaches on instagram now who have websites for their coaching where they list their PBs, and people will get coaching with them based on how quick they are. It's irrelevant - your speed doesn't equal my speed. It frustrates me how someone picks up a few followers and then charges people 50 quid a month to send out multiple copied and pasted training plans, and loads fall for it on the basis they get a tshirt and get to be part of a 'squad' with a hashtag.

My instagram these days tends to just be photos of me having fun at running events. I went through a phase of trying to be an 'influencer' and it was tiring, and took the fun out of IG.

The running IG has created this mess of people who think they're elite runners - announcing their withdrawal from events, sharing an injury diagnosis. The constant sad face photos and long posts about mental health did my head in the other day.
Hi Dan 👋🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It still amazes me that Kelly and Matt were still treated the way they were and have been online, since it was rather easy to read between the lines and know they were cheating on their partners. Most people would be called out as homewreckers and shunned, but somehow they kept their social media status. You could tell by the posts and stories that something was going on when she was still married and he had a girlfriend.

Rumour has it she got knocked up on purpose to keep him around. Not sure about that, but tbh, wouldn't surprise me.
Very true. Shall we say she's quite fertile? Doesn't she have about 4 kids already with her ex?! Probably wouldn't have been hard to get pregnant. Fall out from the cheating and homewrecking, needs to keep him on side probably for some stupid follower count or promotional reason, so goes and gets pregnant.

And agree about the lacking calling out. But maybe people did and they just deleted all the comments straightaway like any other negative thing people post about them?

Very true. Shall we say she's quite fertile? Doesn't she have about 4 kids already with her ex?! Probably wouldn't have been hard to get pregnant. Fall out from the cheating and homewrecking, needs to keep him on side probably for some stupid follower count or promotional reason, so goes and gets pregnant.

And agree about the lacking calling out. But maybe people did and they just deleted all the comments straightaway like any other negative thing people post about them?
Someone earlier in this thread said the oldest has a different father. So 3 daddy's for 4 (or 5?) kids. Can't even keep track. And from her stories, she can't keep track of her kids, or house, as it is. Absolute disaster.

I imagine caught cheating. Husband leaves her. She's stuck with all these kids and a boyfriend who doesn't have any of his own. She is scared he won't want to stick around for that, so gets pregnant. Plus she can continue being a running influencer. Must be nice to just delete negative comments and assume everyone is jealous. That's definitely not the case.🤣

They need their own thread on here 🤣

Haha I was asking for that to be fair.

Ok ignoring that i'm potentially Dan (You'll never know) my other points stand.
Tell us more about how wonderful you are Dan 😂

Someone earlier in this thread said the oldest has a different father. So 3 daddy's for 4 (or 5?) kids. Can't even keep track. And from her stories, she can't keep track of her kids, or house, as it is. Absolute disaster.

I imagine caught cheating. Husband leaves her. She's stuck with all these kids and a boyfriend who doesn't have any of his own. She is scared he won't want to stick around for that, so gets pregnant. Plus she can continue being a running influencer. Must be nice to just delete negative comments and assume everyone is jealous. That's definitely not the case.🤣

They need their own thread on here 🤣
Have you noticed they call themselves ’sportsperson’ in their bio, Matt is a great runner, but a sportsperson? Kelly used to be a better runner (not so great at the moment), but to refer to herself as a sportsperson too? Seems to be a double act of branding themselves to be bigger, but not succeeding as of yet

Last edited:
Kelly has lost a child (her first born - only a few days old), which is absolutely unimaginable :cry: she has 3 more children (I always felt all were from the same relationship) and then Harri, with Matt. I also believe she was living on her own (with the children) and so was Matt before she felt pregnant. It took me ages to realise they were together :LOL: and shortly after they announced they were expecting.

Instagram simply creates couples--- whether people are singles or not!

I love Cattherunner and Chris. So happy they are together :) Last year they started the trend of "fakerunning photos" it was hilarious! we need more positivity like this. I think they could bring something really different to the running community. Talking about Cath, she recently posted about body image (if my memory serves me right) and Iremember the Likes being extremely high!! she decided to hide the Likes! So many's people dream to reach such high level of Likes and yet, she hides them!! how humble. I love it and utter respect to her 🙌 she is a different kind! :love:

Kelly has lost a child (her first born - only a few days old), which is absolutely unimaginable :cry: she has 3 more children (I always felt all were from the same relationship) and then Harri, with Matt. I also believe she was living on her own (with the children) and so was Matt before she felt pregnant. It took me ages to realise they were together :LOL: and shortly after they announced they were expecting.

Instagram simply creates couples--- whether people are singles or not!

I love Cattherunner and Chris. So happy they are together :) Last year they started the trend of "fakerunning photos" it was hilarious! we need more positivity like this. I think they could bring something really different to the running community. Talking about Cath, she recently posted about body image (if my memory serves me right) and Iremember the Likes being extremely high!! she decided to hide the Likes! So many's people dream to reach such high level of Likes and yet, she hides them!! how humble. I love it and utter respect to her 🙌 she is a different kind! :love:
Cat seems harmless, up to now, she’s alright, CatTheCampaigner I refer to as 😂

Would second this recommendation for sure, no trying to peddle crap, just about the running - nice change from so many on IG
I am also a big fan of Rach. Was sad for her following her London PB attempt but she seemed to take it in her stride and not moan like so many other.

Just seen the news about the Kenyan 5k and 10k runner..Agnes Tirop.

😔.

Puts everything we talk about and all the gifted stuff into context.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.