Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've noticed some people getting free coopah subscriptions (I'm guessing the digital coaching is a subscription service? I've not actually looked at it) anyone know what they actually charge? (because I don't want to download the app and couldn't see it on the website)
Isnt that the app Jordan is working for?

Reactions: 2
Sarah's epic dinner of a 253 calorie salad and a sliver of chocolate tart. Guess now we know how many cals she aims for in those tiny dinner bowls of hers.

teeny tea.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Sarah's epic dinner of a 253 calorie salad and a sliver of chocolate tart. Guess now we know how many cals she aims for in those tiny dinner bowls of hers.

View attachment 1911204
That’s not enough food for someone dieting, let alone someone running the miles she does. I know there is an argument that social media is just a snapshot/not the full story, but this women has ED red flags you can see from space.

Reactions: 9
She is not in recovery from her ED. She is well in the midst of it. I would be embarrassed if I shared a main meal with that few calories and my calorie requirements are actually quite low.

Why are her partner/friends/family not trying to intervene?

Reactions: 6
Anyone notice how cattherunner is back running pretty fast so soon after this 'major' broken leg/ankle? Hasn't she only been off crutches a couple of weeks and she's already running faster than average speeds on the treadmill. I'm assuming it was a mild fracture given how quickly she's back, wonder if she'll make Boston without pushing herself to get re-injured again

I think they are trying to intervene, hence ordering her food etc. The ethical thing in this instance would be for her coach to drop her.
She shared something a few days ago about her first XC race, yes she was very skinny but didn’t look nearly as drawn or gaunt. She’s a small person but she is currently obviously incredibly unwell

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone notice how cattherunner is back running pretty fast so soon after this 'major' broken leg/ankle? Hasn't she only been off crutches a couple of weeks and she's already running faster than average speeds on the treadmill. I'm assuming it was a mild fracture given how quickly she's back, wonder if she'll make Boston without pushing herself to get re-injured again
I'm not 100% sure but normally a boot would be a fibula fracture and the fibula is a stabilising rather that weight bearing bone so relatively minor compared to a tibia fracture. The way she's going she'll be injured again soon.

I've noticed that in her recent stories. Wonder if she would admit if her periods stopped again 😔
Wont admit it until she’s completed the races she intended to do, or she’s injured/can’t run as much for whatever reason! See it time and time again on instagram, they only admit somethings not right when they’re told to rest or can’t run for whatever reason. Runnermancbe recently had a groin injury so she couldn’t run so only then started posting about having exercise addiction etc but as soon as she can run again she goes back to how she was before with the exercise addiction 😂preaching to other people to rest more but not taking her own advice 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Wont admit it until she’s completed the races she intended to do, or she’s injured/can’t run as much for whatever reason! See it time and time again on instagram, they only admit somethings not right when they’re told to rest or can’t run for whatever reason. Runnermancbe recently had a groin injury so she couldn’t run so only then started posting about having exercise addiction etc but as soon as she can run again she goes back to how she was before with the exercise addiction 😂preaching to other people to rest more but not taking her own advice 🤦‍♀️
exactly, same story over and over again. And if she can cash it, even better

I HATE these kind of pics. So toxic for young girls or in fact anyone sensitive to body image. If you must post to show off that you are at a gym, put up a pic of you working out. But this is nothing but a "look how skinny I am" pose, legs apart, arms up, hips at an angle.

Reactions: 12
It's the posing and angle that get to me as well, such a clear body check. I don't care if people wear a sports bra/cropped top at the gym, whatever you're comfortable working out in but the pictures ugh. She'll go until she can't and then be all vocal about the importance of nutrition and avoiding red-s but as long as they're "smashing goals" and getting PBs it's all overlooked.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I HATE these kind of pics. So toxic for young girls or in fact anyone sensitive to body image. If you must post to show off that you are at a gym, put up a pic of you working out. But this is nothing but a "look how skinny I am" pose, legs apart, arms up, hips at an angle.
Don't think I've ever nodded so hard while reading a comment. The ONLY reason to post that picture is because you think you look good. Then you'll get the inevitable "looking hot!/ smokin' girl!" gross validation from the fanbots.

Eilish McColgan shared lots of photos from the Running Show and there were so many skinny little kids (mainly girls) getting their photo taken with her. Eilish is naturally thin but these girls probably think that's how they have to look to be a good runner, Laura Muir would be a much better role model.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.