Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone has commented on her post, mentioning Blackfish but not really calling her out. Bet she ignores it. Too busy posting all the food and her standard 10k runs. Tone deaf Anna, consistent as always 👌🏻

Reactions: 6
Feels too late to ask this question but I'm doing it anyway. When I think of an Anna I think of Running Show Anna but who are we talking about in this thread?

Reactions: 1
Anna the apple. Really boring self obsessed, as said up thread. Her holiday looks like my idea of hell, theme parks, fried food/meat all day long. She might be skinny but I hate to think how her internal organs are faring with all that saturated fat.

Anyone seen these dodgy non declared #ad posts from Anya Culling? She's been called out on two of them, the coros is gifted so should be declared as such in every post. A more recent one you'd think I'd an ad for barbells she goes out of her way to say isn't, so why can't she correctly label when they are ads? Shady as!

Is there any update on the Bester saga? I don't follow him so was mainly gleaning the goings on from here!

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I saw the Anya Barbell “ad”… clearly an ad! They sell their soul to the highest bidder for a freebie.

just to say, no update on Bester/Sweat Elite (that I can see). But Matt is back from Kenya so sit tight, I’m sure it will all kick off again soon. And let’s not forget Nasty Nick has turned it all over to the police 👮‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
what's the point of running with a top and shorts in -3C (Anya), if London will be at leat 15 or 20C more... I follow proper athletes and they dress according to the weather.

And yes, she's advertising everything, barbels, that watch...

I get pretty bored with the whole not dressing for the weather you're training in thing. It's a thing at my club with people (and to be honest at mine it's mostly men) who turn up in vest and shorts for all runs. I get we all have different bodies and feel temperature differently but then they imply anyone layering up is "soft" for not running in a vest in minus temperatures. No, get lost. I race in shorts year round but I make sure my core is well wrapped up, I raced yesterday and it was frosty eyebrows weather, I wore shorts but I then had a base layer under my vest plus a buff and gloves. As long as my torso is warm I'm good but I feel cold just looking at the sports bra and shorts year round gang :LOL:

I get pretty bored with the whole not dressing for the weather you're training in thing. It's a thing at my club with people (and to be honest at mine it's mostly men) who turn up in vest and shorts for all runs. I get we all have different bodies and feel temperature differently but then they imply anyone layering up is "soft" for not running in a vest in minus temperatures. No, get lost. I race in shorts year round but I make sure my core is well wrapped up, I raced yesterday and it was frosty eyebrows weather, I wore shorts but I then had a base layer under my vest plus a buff and gloves. As long as my torso is warm I'm good but I feel cold just looking at the sports bra and shorts year round gang :LOL:
I don't mean legs. For racing I found legging very uncomfortable, and if it's XC, shorts are better as they don't get muddy (less cleaning), but a bra in -3C?! no way. My nipples would be seen from the space, and they will hurt

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve never understood how people can run and race in shorts. I really feel the cold and no matter what the distance or pace, my limbs are always very very cold. Even in special warm running tights. I guess I’m very very very soft?!

I’ve never understood how people can run and race in shorts. I really feel the cold and no matter what the distance or pace, my limbs are always very very cold. Even in special warm running tights. I guess I’m very very very soft?!
If I'm racing, my body temperature raises like crazy. That's why I don't race in hot weather, I just struggle so much. But even me, I dress more than a bra in winter

Yeh I get very hot racing. I was worried recently I’d freeze in a vest, capri length leggings and gloves. By mile 8 of my half I was ROASTING

Reactions: 2
I hate people who call others soft. Like, legitmately hate them. You don't get a medal in life for forcing unnecessary discomfort upon yourself and bragging/being a martyr about it. Judging others for wanting to stay warm, not being okay with racing on sheet bleeping ice (got called soft for that myself a couple of years back. Oh excuse me for trying not to fall and break every bone in my body), going on the treadmill rather than facing crappy conditions outside, and many more, says more about your own fragile ego than it does about anyone else.

There's a fine line between being tough and being a plain bloody idiot.

Reactions: 20
:LOL: oh yes, definitely soft 🤦‍♀️ I think wear what you're comfortable and warm enough in, if that's winter tights great (I wear them for longer steady stuff, I mostly race in shorts because my racing is generally muddy horror show stuff and skin cleans easier than leggings), if that's shorts great but a crop top for an everyday run in January? I'd freeze. To be honest I'm not sure what temperature would be required to get me running in a bra, I'd probably just stay home, no one wants to see that!

My other struggle is how rapidly I cool down afterwards even if I do feel warm when running. Essentially I'm also a massive softie...but OK in shorts :LOL:

There's a fine line between being tough and being a plain bloody idiot.
Yep. Something I loudly speak up about at my running club when others are being dicks about it.

Oh yes the not going ahead on sheet ice… I see some parkruns have some weird bravado about it - I went to one in the first cold snap which was lethal. Im AMAZED it went ahead and some lad slipped on a corner (not doing anything stupid pace wise, in trail shoes due to the weather) nearly taking two people out with him. The RD was literally joking in the run briefing that they probably shouldn’t be there… if that lad had cracked his head on ice or caught someone and broke their ankle… so not worth it!

• Wow
Oh yes the not going ahead on sheet ice… I see some parkruns have some weird bravado about it - I went to one in the first cold snap which was lethal. Im AMAZED it went ahead and some lad slipped on a corner (not doing anything stupid pace wise, in trail shoes due to the weather) nearly taking two people out with him. The RD was literally joking in the run briefing that they probably shouldn’t be there… if that lad had cracked his head on ice or caught someone and broke their ankle… so not worth it!
My local one was cancelled this weekend which made perfect sense given the ice - ours is part mud, part pavement and the mud gets transferred on to the pavement and freezes.

People still complained though - just go for a run in the park then?!

We cancelled club runs for ice and were met with some going on about runners in other countries going out in snow, yes, presumably also in appropriate footwear with yaktrax or whatever on but I'm not taking out a group in their standard road shoes who all turn up in shorts and vests because they're "hard" then having someone fall and hurt themselves then also freeze whilst we wait for an ambulance because they're not appropriately layered up 🤦‍♀️ It was the same when we cancelled in the heatwave, complaints because they have running in countries where it's always hot...yes and then people are used to it and prepare appropriately. If you want to risk running in extreme weather you can do so by yourself, not when I'm responsible for your safety.

Reactions: 11
I also thing clubs/parkruns/races/whoever need to take responsibility that if they decide to go ahead people will assume it’s fine and turn up in normal gear.

Yeah and people moan that sessions or parkruns get cancelled but "I ran there and it was fine" - yeah because it was just one person, not hundreds navigating an icy corner at the same time, you muppets! People are so thick. Taking personal responsibility for running on ice is your own choice, asking organisations/ coaches/ volunteers to take that responsibility for you is completely different.

Reactions: 12
Yep, Parkrun attracts a lot of people Running with dogs/kids/buggies, people new to running, most of the ones near me are popular with older ladies too…

You need to factor all this in

Reactions: 2
yes, risk assessment involves more than one guy plodding along. Never understand why people get so upset when PR cancels, go and run on your own!

I’m quite new to running and training for a marathon. I get so cold, like my hands are freezing even with gloves. My nipples would pierce ice even with my long sleeve top and winter running jacket. I don’t know how people can run in just a bra, no one would want to see me like that either! Honestly, I wore thermal leggings on Sunday, and ended up aborting my run a mile and a half short because my hands and feet were numb from the cold… should I be doing my long runs in what I plan to wear in April? Or can I do that closer to the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.