Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m quite new to running and training for a marathon. I get so cold, like my hands are freezing even with gloves. My nipples would pierce ice even with my long sleeve top and winter running jacket. I don’t know how people can run in just a bra, no one would want to see me like that either! Honestly, I wore thermal leggings on Sunday, and ended up aborting my run a mile and a half short because my hands and feet were numb from the cold… should I be doing my long runs in what I plan to wear in April? Or can I do that closer to the time?
Worry about that closer to the time!

No point worrying about it now if you're going to end up having to drop your mileage because you're too cold. That definitely won't help on marathon day!

Reactions: 1
Of course Anna wanted to walk to the car instead of staying with her husband. So bleeping disordered even on holiday walking around theme parks all day

Reactions: 3
I had a look at abbey_runs account on Social Blade, look at all those new followers she's gained in January! And look at that engagement, 18.28%, to put that into context Kelly gets 1.95% engagement. Must be costing her a fortune, or maybe that was her Christmas present 😂

Screenshot_20230123-203414.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
@nwrunner If it helps, I’ve run many marathons wearing double layers, gloves etc whilst everyone around me has been in shorts and vests - go with what's right for you and your body, and as it gets warmer, try different things out. (Innov8 do an amazing thermo mitten btw)

I had a look at abbey_runs account on Social Blade, look at all those new followers she's gained in January! And look at that engagement, 18.28%, to put that into context Kelly gets 1.95% engagement. Must be costing her a fortune, or maybe that was her Christmas present 😂

View attachment 1905197
This is my fave - about going to a strength and conditioning class - 57k likes and almost 2000 comments (almost of all them you can’t see) as if anyone would ever buy into the fact these are real comments on a post like that. Just can’t see the benefit of spending probably fortunes to buy all this and probably looking ridiculous to any companies that even would offer her any free stuff. Just can’t see the point of this expensive exercise 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
This is my fave - about going to a strength and conditioning class - 57k likes and almost 2000 comments (almost of all them you can’t see) as if anyone would ever buy into the fact these are real comments on a post like that. Just can’t see the benefit of spending probably fortunes to buy all this and probably looking ridiculous to any companies that even would offer her any free stuff. Just can’t see the point of this expensive exercise 🤷‍♀️
57k likes for that post then the ones after that get progressively lower

Reactions: 2
Another Instagram fixed competition win for a brooks run happy member.! They don’t even follow the account that was giving the prize !

9AA37E8A-C579-4F52-B3C1-9623D77989D1.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
@nwrunner If it helps, I’ve run many marathons wearing double layers, gloves etc whilst everyone around me has been in shorts and vests - go with what's right for you and your body, and as it gets warmer, try different things out. (Innov8 do an amazing thermo mitten btw)
This makes me feel better. I will have a look at the gloves. I bought sweaty betty ones and they are not doing the job, hopefully it warms up a little and then it will be easier. I’ve used the treadmill at the gym a few times recently as well, then I’m the other way and sweat a million, walk outside and freeze. Can’t win can I 😂 I think I get hot and then the sweat dries and I freeze 😂

@nwrunner could you have Raynaud's? The symptoms of this are very cold extremities.
Anyway, run in what you are comfortable in but just make sure you've done a couple of longer runs in what you plan to run in on the day to check for anything that rubs/chafes or just annoys you!

I was going to say possibly Raynaud's, @nwrunner or another circulation issue. I wear double gloves in this weather - try some thin inner ones and mittens on top. If you are doing treadmill then outside, make sure you change EVERYTHING before going out (sorry if that's a stupid point and you shower there, but if you just head straight home for shower, then don't do it in a sweaty sports bra and pants, that basically holds the sweat next to you and is awful for triggering raynauds for me at least). Also have you tried little heat packs - the kind you shake and they warm up. Not just for hands but you can tuck one inside your sports bra when you run on a really cold day. I'd also try looking at what layers you wear - try and get a base layer that's something like merino that will keep you warm but not hold so much sweat as some of the manmade stuff does.

(Edit to say - I don't mean to suggest you are walking in your bra and pants!! I mean under your clothes 😆 😆 😆

I'd leave kit tests closer to the time and focus on comfort and weather appropriate (whatever that feels like for you) gear for now. Plenty of long runs to go to test your kit...said as someone who does halfs including trail ones with mandatory kit to practice carrying but not marathons just yet. I'm not really worried about my marathon kit as I haven't had issues up to 30k with my standard running gear so hoping to be able to just go with that.

I'm very brave (or stupid) and I don't do test of my clothing, but I never had a problem before

I'm very brave (or stupid) and I don't do test of my clothing, but I never had a problem before
I think it does depend a bit on how much you run and how different that kit is. I only really wear my club vest for racing but I've raced in it enough to know it's fine so I don't test it and all my shorts are the same brand and style. I wouldn't wear brand new shoes and socks I'd never run in before but I don't do full race "dress rehearsals"

View attachment 1905197
Hahaha this is too funny! Imagine buying that many likes thinking it would look legit! Imagine 57k oddballs liking a random pointless selfie too, baffles me and surely brands would see her as a red flag anyway. I bet she doesn't even workout and just takes a selfie and makes random stuff up

Thank you everyone, will definitely look into all the advice. The other day my legs were bright red when I got in the shower, my hands don’t do the weird discolouration where it’s red then white at the end which is classic raynards but maybe it is! I just feel the cold, dead inside probably 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good to see cattherunner is back making everything about her again. Taking that Englishruns post about Boston and no pregnancy deferral and spouting her nonsense for attention again. Not sure who is worse between her and molls for latching onto someone and craving attention. And why does it require a tit selfie for the post, use the Boston logo if you're talking about that, not your face you attention seeking sad sack

Reactions: 7
It does look like very nice bread but seriously...get some pasta to go with it if it's takeaway from an Italian place.

I've noticed some people getting free coopah subscriptions (I'm guessing the digital coaching is a subscription service? I've not actually looked at it) anyone know what they actually charge? (because I don't want to download the app and couldn't see it on the website)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.