Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eilish McColgan shared lots of photos from the Running Show and there were so many skinny little kids (mainly girls) getting their photo taken with her. Eilish is naturally thin but these girls probably think that's how they have to look to be a good runner, Laura Muir would be a much better role model.
They can both be good role models in their own right in relation to dedication etc. It would be nice if body image didn’t come into the equation at all but obviously that’s unrealistic in the society we live in.

Reactions: 4
Is that knob Bester officially pacing the sub 3:00 group in London or disregarding all the rules again and doing it on his own accord

Reactions: 3
No way he's an official pacer. He'd have to wear the New Balance kit not that hideous blue and white armsleeve twattery, for a start.

I don’t think saying Elish is a poor role model because she’s very slight is fair. She is the daughter of two elite middle/long distance runners, it’ll very much be in her genetics to be very lean. She talks a lot more sense than a lot of people about sensible training, nutrition etc, and gets incredible results as well as being really sensible, ie dropping London as she had a an issue getting fuelling right.

---

Also “in the flesh” Laura muir is absolutely tiny, she just doesn’t have the super defined muscle tone and thin face that some elites have

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Eilish McColgan shared lots of photos from the Running Show and there were so many skinny little kids (mainly girls) getting their photo taken with her. Eilish is naturally thin but these girls probably think that's how they have to look to be a good runner, Laura Muir would be a much better role model.
I understand she's a role mole for those skinny people. I have a friend like that, and she's been justifying her appearance her whole life (she doesn't do sports btw).

I admired Elish a lot, and I understand my genetics are completely different (I'm a chubby Mediterranean, hahahahaha)

I got a suggested account to follow recently - what the fartlek podcast. I think it's because I listen to a lot of sporting podcasts whilst out running. Anyone listen to it? Is it any good? Or stay well clear?

Reactions: 1
I wish I had awesome genetics, I'm from solid northern farming stock :LOL: I'm lucky to have reached the height I did but even when I was at my smallest (and very disordered in behaviour to get there) I was still wide hipped and had a fairly round face. You could see my bones and the muscles in my stomach, I just shrank to a smaller version of the same bottom heavy shape. I've accepted my fate now, I could be faster if I weighed a bit less but I do OK for a slightly chunky middle aged mum and I'm happy which is the real important bit for me.

I got a suggested account to follow recently - what the fartlek podcast. I think it's because I listen to a lot of sporting podcasts whilst out running. Anyone listen to it? Is it any good? Or stay well clear?
It’s been spoken about on some of the earlier threads. They don’t have a huge following which should tell you something. I tried it and got bored about 10 minutes into the first episode. It’s all in jokes and trying too hard. And they just seem to all want to be Instarunners so feature twats like Kells and Bester.
Try it, but don’t be surprised if it’s tit.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Not to go down body bashing front too much but there is a massive difference between elite experienced athletes who have grown up in the sport, surrounded by talented experienced qualified coaches, dieticians, psychologists etc then the likes of Anya. Who from looks of it are achieved quick results through questionable unhealthy practices.

Not to go down body bashing front too much but there is a massive difference between elite experienced athletes who have grown up in the sport, surrounded by talented experienced qualified coaches, dieticians, psychologists etc then the likes of Anya. Who from looks of it are achieved quick results through questionable unhealthy practices.
Yes absolutely this!

Is there any UK domestic teams besides New Balance, somebody needs to sign Anya up provide supportive training environment alongside fellow elite females, not some ego centered male who lacks qualifications and basic human decency

Just saw the selfie of Anya and came here. She looks like a lollipop head and it’s reminding me of teenage years when that was the fashion. She’s starting to look unwell and I really hope she is eating enough for the amount of exercise she is doing. Also her fake tan with being nearly emancipated reminds me of a sick gastro patient ie alcohol/drugs/liver problems, which I know is really mean to say but she just doesn’t look well now.
eilish is clearly naturally lean and she makes good decisions with food and fuelling etc. it’s so hard, I find it annoying that we associate a lot of things with body image even to this day when people are trying to make out body positivity, it feels like it’s a fake movement to gain support but actually they still want to be thin as it still seems to be the most publicised look! That might not make sense, I got two hours sleep last night 🥲

Reactions: 9
I like it, but it isn't for everyone. I quite enjoy the banter and although I've definitely rolled my eyes at some of the guests overall I think the guests are ok

I don’t think saying Elish is a poor role model because she’s very slight is fair. She is the daughter of two elite middle/long distance runners, it’ll very much be in her genetics to be very lean. She talks a lot more sense than a lot of people about sensible training, nutrition etc, and gets incredible results as well as being really sensible, ie dropping London as she had a an issue getting fuelling right.

---

Also “in the flesh” Laura muir is absolutely tiny, she just doesn’t have the super defined muscle tone and thin face that some elites have
This!!! I look at eilish and think "wow, she is so slim" but I also look at the whole picture. She has always been that way. Her mum was that way. And if you follow her on insta, you will notice she is never posing, body checking, boasting times and ALWAYS posting her eating absolutely amazing food on her story. She is genuine, but has a slight frame. I also think she has brought this subject up multiple times and been quite honest that she doesn't have the body that girls need to aim for. It's about being healthy, eating right and training right. I love her. And this is a very rare thing for me 😂😂😂

Reactions: 10
Personally I think the guest are wonderful & great to listen too. A niche but that's a wish podcast for you 😉

• Haha
I like it, but it isn't for everyone. I quite enjoy the banter and although I've definitely rolled my eyes at some of the guests overall I think the guests are ok
Same here. I got into it after a friend recommended it. It’s more relaxed and less professional than other podcasts but it’s an easy listen and I enjoy listening to the Parkrun bit.
Yeah it’s got some of the instatwats as guests but they also have a lot of relatable real life runners stories.
It’s worth a listen.

Who is Matt Fox? Is he the guy who was working with Bester and then it all went sour?!
I mean, if she does have a thyroid problem and taking this drug for that she should t be shamed, it’s a horrible condition. Also if she isn’t she would just be making herself sick and could end up with palpitations and a goitre. Women try and take levothyroxine for weight loss but then end up bleeping up their thyroid and all the other issues!

Reactions: 2
Yes! I wonder if that is Matt Fox’s email? 👀
My thoughts exactly! Bester and Co trying to make him look bad?
Who is Matt Fox? Is he the guy who was working with Bester and then it all went sour?!
I mean, if she does have a thyroid problem and taking this drug for that she should t be shamed, it’s a horrible condition. Also if she isn’t she would just be making herself sick and could end up with palpitations and a goitre. Women try and take levothyroxine for weight loss but then end up bleeping up their thyroid and all the other issues!
Underactive thyroid here 🙋🏻‍♀️ how she manages to be so skinny and run that well while on levothyroxine is beyond me, it's a tit drug. I buy the good stuff from Thailand because doctors won't prescribe it due to a bad medicine licence deal by the Conservative government 🙄. I remember Susie Chan saying she'd been prescribed NDT (natural desiccated thyroid) but it's impossible for the majority of people.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.