Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet he skims a huge amount off his other coaches for “commission” but they aren’t employees so get no benefits. My heart does not bleed

Reactions: 8
So tell me, is there anybody not part of the Oofos crew shite? Hardly a 'crew' when it's the whole of bleeping Instagram is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So tell me, is there anybody not part of the Oofos crew shite? Hardly a 'crew' when it's the whole of bleeping Instagram is it?
🙋‍♀️ me!
I don’t understand how anyone is “influenced” to buy any of the brands that are gifted to these numpties. Mostly, I am deterred!

Reactions: 5
I just wear normal flip flops. Or trainers if my toes aren’t fucked. It’s always been fine! And personally don’t like to walk too far after a marathon anyway… I mean who does?!?! And no oofos will save you from having to do the stairs down to the underground to get the tube home! Always made worse by going to a pub beforehand too with toilets downstairs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oofos are ugly snake oil. Occasionally I see people pop up who actually bought them with real money, and that blows my mind

• Haha
So my friend left a comment on Besters post and he DM her, saying it was all false and that he doesn’t want to publicly address it because that’s not who he is. This was a few days ago. Maybe he private messaged everyone. He also said his clients are happy and if they aren’t they can’t stop. It’s hard to know what the true information is but I don’t see how he can possibly do that many individual plans!

London is my first marathon, this week I’ve been so rubbish so I need to up my game. Feeling dreadful especially when I see people doing double days etc and I’m here exhausted 🥱

Also any advice for shin pain? I don’t know if I’m getting shin splints xx

Reactions: 3
London is my first marathon, this week I’ve been so rubbish so I need to up my game. Feeling dreadful especially when I see people doing double days etc and I’m here exhausted 🥱

Ignore the double day idiots! I have a great sports massage therapist and he showed me how to massage my shin splints myself (they weren't full on shin splints, just starting out) and it really worked. Basically you feel the two bones down the front of your shin and massage the area in between the bones where it is painful, disclaimer; shin splints can be caused by different things and this might not work for yours.

Saw this today 🤣
Screenshot_20230113-164109.jpg

• Haha
If you've been experiencing it for a while, you probably should go see a physio. By that I mean a proper sports physio, not someone who just does massages. Look them up in your area on Google Maps ("sports physio near me"), check out their details and if they display an interest in running, then all the better. Don't bother consulting Dr Google or various forums.

And I mean this in the nicest possible way: stop comparing yourself to others, especially dickheads who do double runs for no other reason than for a thumbs-up on Strava. Do what you do and just try and be consistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Def ignore double days. Unless your an elite or it’s a way you need to do it to fit in the runs around your life, it’s much better to do in one run… I mean you don’t run half a marathon, have a 6 hour break and then do the other half!

Err I do double days quite regularly. But I don't post about them on insta, does that make it ok!? (to be clear I don't recommend them to other people. and I have a coach - who does not charge £175 a momth 🤣🤣🤣 - who monitors everything I do.

Thank you, my shins literally started hurting on my last run! I do have a good sports physio who did my mummy mot so I might book in with them as well!

Reactions: 1
Also I have never heard of Sophie, she’s obviously hoping it gains some new followers.

And fudge is on a flight? Is he the one who like molests women? I get confused sometimes with all the people and nicknames! How has he got like business class!

Reactions: 2
Also I have never heard of Sophie, she’s obviously hoping it gains some new followers.

And fudge is on a flight? Is he the one who like molests women? I get confused sometimes with all the people and nicknames! How has he got like business class!
Yes he is the DM slider, think he works for Virgin so probably job perk.
Talking of the sex pest, off on his travels again. I wonder if Virgin Atlantic know how much of a creep he is?

Also, what the duck is he doing with his hair? He looks more and more like a gremlin every day.
He thinks quantity is better than quality 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.