Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of the sex pest, off on his travels again. I wonder if Virgin Atlantic know how much of a creep he is?

Also, what the duck is he doing with his hair? He looks more and more like a gremlin every day.
Omg long hair when you’re going bald 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Thank you, my shins literally started hurting on my last run! I do have a good sports physio who did my mummy mot so I might book in with them as well!
As someone else mentioned, it’s all personal to the individual but my experience is that I find my shins get bad if I run more than two days in a row. So now I never run three days in a row and I always space speed work sessions as far apart from each other as I can in the week. I always do a warm up and cool down after every run(which i never used to do🙈). That’s what has worked for me. Hope they get better soon. It’s so frustrating when you cv feels absolutely fine and it’s your shins failing you.

Reactions: 4
Double day bullshit, another product of instawankers
I guess it depends what you mean by a double day. Double threshold Thursday for us non elites is a recipe for disaster but splitting a 12mile run in to 2 x 6 milers is an easier day than if ran all at once.

Reactions: 3
As someone else mentioned, it’s all personal to the individual but my experience is that I find my shins get bad if I run more than two days in a row. So now I never run three days in a row and I always space speed work sessions as far apart from each other as I can in the week. I always do a warm up and cool down after every run(which i never used to do🙈). That’s what has worked for me. Hope they get better soon. It’s so frustrating when you cv feels absolutely fine and it’s your shins failing you.
Maybe this was why as I ran and then the next day did a buggy run and they hurt then! I buggy run maybe once a week max and find it so much harder! I had to miss my run today, going to try my first park run tomorrow and then long run Sunday, will try doing some stretching as well and see if it helps. I also did the worst gym class which I really think didn’t help!

Maybe this was why as I ran and then the next day did a buggy run and they hurt then! I buggy run maybe once a week max and find it so much harder! I had to miss my run today, going to try my first park run tomorrow and then long run Sunday, will try doing some stretching as well and see if it helps. I also did the worst gym class which I really think didn’t help!
Also worth thinking about the terrain you’re running on and your shoes! If you only run on road you might find you’re more prone to it.

See Abbey_Runs has upped her game, 4000+ followers added the next day. Looking at her posts hundreds of comments (all none visible - as oh yeah, none of them are real)
Jeezus! I fail to see her reasoning to do it. She’s not getting freebies which is clearly why most do it. She’s got to be spending a huge amount between the fake followers, like and comments

Double day bullshit, another product of instawankers
Not sure people who do double days deserve to be slated like this. And elites having been double days since long before Instagram. High mileage and double days might not be for everyone, but if they work for some people who do them to bump up mileage then I don't understand the aggressive criticism. They are pretty standard practice for elites and runners looking to increase volume. And it doesn't tend to be additional easy mileage that causes injury - it's too much speed work or running too fast generally, mostly. If lower mileage works for some people then great - but if others can and want to do 100 miles per week and don't get injured and improve, then fair play to them. I agree that bragging it on Instagram is annoying though.

See Abbey_Runs has upped her game, 4000+ followers added the next day. Looking at her posts hundreds of comments (all none visible - as oh yeah, none of them are real)
No idea who this is and checked her out. Maybe she'd do better if her grid wasn't Groundhog Day.
Screenshot_20230114_144136.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Jesus that’s a boring account!

Does anyone follow move with Lou or something, she’s a new Brooks run happy team member. She seems nice but kind of irritating!

Jesus that’s a boring account!

Does anyone follow move with Lou or something, she’s a new Brooks run happy team member. She seems nice but kind of irritating!
She sounds like she’s doing an Oscars acceptance speech in her stories today because SO MANY people messaged her saying well done 😂 you got into Brooks team love, calm down.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.