Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another top class marathon performance from Gropebus today, stopped for a few chats and ate some donuts, what a pro

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Not sure people who do double days deserve to be slated like this. And elites having been double days since long before Instagram. High mileage and double days might not be for everyone, but if they work for some people who do them to bump up mileage then I don't understand the aggressive criticism. They are pretty standard practice for elites and runners looking to increase volume. And it doesn't tend to be additional easy mileage that causes injury - it's too much speed work or running too fast generally, mostly. If lower mileage works for some people then great - but if others can and want to do 100 miles per week and don't get injured and improve, then fair play to them. I agree that bragging it on Instagram is annoying though.
Yea I imagine most people on here mean that they don’t like being made to feel inadequate for not doing double days, more than the act itself hopefully 🙂

Reactions: 1
Talking of the sex pest, off on his travels again. I wonder if Virgin Atlantic know how much of a creep he is?

Also, what the duck is he doing with his hair? He looks more and more like a gremlin every day.
He is the sort of bleep who announces “New York Im in you” or wherever he goes. Who gives a tit you bald rapist

• Haha
Reactions: 6
£30k per month?! For ripping people off! What a slime ball, that is disgusting. Surely after this he cannot continue to get away with it 🍿
I might understand people throwing him a month or two to see how the plan goes. But from there? Surely no one sticks as they’d realise there’s no substance?

Reactions: 5
I might understand people throwing him a month or two to see how the plan goes. But from there? Surely no one sticks as they’d realise there’s no substance?
I'm not sure but from what I understand from what Matt said people are trying to cancel their plan, or their plan has ended and he is still taking their money every month.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
See Abbey_Runs has upped her game, 4000+ followers added the next day. Looking at her posts hundreds of comments (all none visible - as oh yeah, none of them are real)
Wow and if you look at that tit profile you can see one dull selfie has over 13k likes. Imagine being that thick and pathetic enough to buy likes and followers. Truly sad and get she doesn’t even run, just takes selfies and posts them

• Haha
  • Sick
Looks like Sarah managed another pb today at Brass Monkey! 1.22 something chip time for Georgina but who knows what time she'll claim.

• Haha
  • Angry
Looks like Sarah managed another pb today at Brass Monkey! 1.22 something chip time for Georgina but who knows what time she'll claim.
God I'm so sick of Sarah. Wonder if she bothered to do an official transfer or just bandited the number from someone else.

In terms of Georgina I have no idea what people get out of contesting the official chip time. Your watch is irrelevant and you're fooling no-one by pretending otherwise, just making yourself look like an idiot and making everyone doubt your credibility.

We get people at parkrun contesting their times. It’s very cringe. Genuinely had an email from someone who on their watch was 30:18 but their parkrun time was 30:23… could I change it 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
We get people at parkrun contesting their times. It’s very cringe. Genuinely had an email from someone who on their watch was 30:18 but their parkrun time was 30:23… could I change it 🥴
I think a lot of people start their watch when they cross the start line at parkrun, for all the difference it makes, can't imagine arguing over 5 seconds!

1.22 something chip time for Georgina but who knows what time she'll claim.
Just saw her story, she did say 82 mins so at least she's being honest this time.

Reactions: 3
All this chat with Bester, I'm thinking we need an thread just for him if it'll going to kick off and explode!

Boomshakatwatta

Reactions: 19
I remember at local park run had a medical emergency a few months ago and the volunteer who was covering the role of number checker had to rush with the defib to the medical emergency. The park run had put a post up explaining this in social media after the event, he did manage to get back to his post, but a few of the runners up to 24 mins times weren't as accurate. I was shocked at some of the responses of the post, many considerate people sending well wishes to recovery of casualty but others posting shots of garmin/strava asking for times to be updated!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I remember at local park run had a medical emergency a few months ago and the volunteer who was covering the role of number checker had to rush with the defib to the medical emergency. The park run had put a post up explaining this in social media after the event, he did manage to get back to his post, but a few of the runners up to 24 mins times weren't as accurate. I was shocked at some of the responses of the post, many considerate people sending well wishes to recovery of casualty but others posting shots of garmin/strava asking for times to be updated!
wow…that’s awful. What is wrong with people? I never expect my watch and parkrun time to match up, it’s a nice surprise if it does.

Jesus Christ. Ive said it before and I’ll say it again, I had two groups at parkrun who were the worst for tit like this - men in the 27-30 minute bracket, and tikiboo+camelpak women in the 45 minute bracket. Always arseholes for stuff like this

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was time keeper once, at junior parkrun, and I was so nervous about mucking it up! I accidentally did one two many taps on the app as several came in together, then there was a big gap for the next runner who consequently got a better time. I did try to explain and get it corrected but I'm not sure the results person understood what I meant.
It made me realise how stressful it must be at much busier adult parkruns where people obsesses about their time so much. Honestly, why can't people just be grateful there are volunteers who enable it to happen at all?!

I won’t do timekeeping. I volunteer a fair amount but it’s the one job I don’t do. I have done it before but it’s just too much pressure when people can be so rude about it. I wouldn’t try it on with our RD though so I’m not sure how many do 😂

Yeah definitely another just Bester thread needed. Been reading letsrun.com threads on him too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.